Martin S1 Soprano Ukulele (with Gig Bag)

Martin S1 Soprano Ukulele (with Gig Bag)

Play a ukulele backed by Martin's legendary reputation for quality. The Martin S1 uses a mahogany body with a dovetailed mahogany neck.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted May 17, 2015 by Matt A in Hot Springs, AR
"Great ukulele, a bit of a flaw"
Let me start off by saying that this is an amazing ukulele. All solid wood, and it sounds as good as any ukulele ever has. Nice, low action and spot-on intonation. The Martin strings it comes with are quality. The included gig bag is also nice, tho I purchased a hardcase separate. The only negative I have to say is regarding the fit and finish. The finish is all good, but there is a small gap between the fretboard and body. It's purely cosmetic and doesn't effect the tone or playability. Not enough of an issue to go through the return process. Overall, I am very pleased and would recommend this instrument to anyone looking for a great sounding and playing ukulele.
guitarist for 10 years, periodically gig with my band
Rock, indie, folk
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 21, 2011 by a customer from gmail.com
"My New Martin Uke"
I'm new to the uke. Went with Martin because I trust the quality and if I decided to sell later, it should hold value. Not selling, keeping. It's easy to pick up and play, hard to put down. Happy.
Somewhat limited, but fine.
Case is perfect.
Hobbyist
TBD
19 of 24 people (79%) people found this review helpful. Did you?