Martin 000-17 Acoustic Guitar (with Case)

Martin 000-17 Acoustic Guitar (with Case)

With a Guatemalan rosewood fingerboard and bridge set elegantly against a satin finish, Martin's 000-17 looks and sounds the part of a well-loved classic.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted November 24, 2018 by Jon Murdock in Heber Springs, AR
""Awsome Tone""
In my search for tone, a sound good to my ears - has been a curse. A drummer who played smokey bars and VFWs resently and permanently disabled by a back surgery.To stay with my great love of music, seriously started playing acoustic guitar. A Fender,a Washburn,a Martin look-a-like -my problem was in bands around great pickers I know what a good guitar sounds like-the curse!Martin and Gibson rule - I bought the 000-17 Whiskey Sunset Martin from zZounds and was blown away!,It's tone is awsome - 1-3/4 slim neck works great for a 5-8 drummer. I did have the action lowered for me and D'Addario 12s string set up. The Guitar is very light, the tone and projection are great, strumming or picking. Everyone who has played on it wants one. Yes, even my friends who play high end Martins and Gibsons .
Drummer since childhood,in early 60's Seriously started resently acoustic guitar play with friends and at home.
Love Classic Country, Classic Rock,Pop,some Bluegrass any thing I like that I can make the chords,Ha
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 17, 2019 by shawn munsen in ESTERO, FL
"Martin 000-17 Whiskey Sunset"
I have had this guitar for a couple of weeks now and absolutely love it. I own nothing but Martins: D28,D35, M36, 000-15 Burst. This guitar sound is way different and has its own unique voice. To add it is crazy light. I am going to put a under saddle pickup on it in the coming weeks but I have already starting to record with it and it records great. Again it has a very distinctive voice and tone. this guitar rounds out my collection and hope to play the sh#t out of it. To add, zZounds is the only place I buy from now. Easy payments and even faster shipping. Returns are also easy peasey!!
25 years professionally playing.
American/Roots
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 29, 2018 by John F in Payette, ID
"I love this guitar..."
I love Martin's, especially the 000/OM series. I prefer the mix of mahogany and spruce, it gives an old time sound that I enjoy when playing traditional music. And this Martin gives me that sound, along with a sunburst - to include the finish - that is very attractive. The simple appointments - the bridge, the dots and the tuners - are also favorites. And it is affordable. If you want a beautiful Martin with the classic sound and with a depression era feel, get this.
Guitar player, since early childhood, in my early 60s. Play with friends and at home.
Old time country music, country blues and a bit of ragtime.
7 of 9 people (78%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 13, 2018 by Lowell H in Sarasota, FL
"Not what I was hoping for...."
Always wanted a OM or 000 Martin (with a 3/4” nut), and decided to go for this ....The thing is very striking visually, nice and light, hs very nice neck and plays very easily...,Unfortunately for me, Martin actually did find a way to give the 000-17 that “vintage sound” ....It’s amazing, but it actually sounds like a cheap old guitar, albeit with a perfect fit and finish, and amazing sustain.I am unhappy with sound when fingerpick Ed, and strummed with a pick it sound even worse. The upside: It DOES sound good in Open D and in G, so I’ll be probably using this for slide playing only, which makes $1600 a ridiculously high price for me.
12 years, home, old time jams
Finger style acoustic blues, slide blues, folk,
4 of 6 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 28, 2018 by Val Carter in Las Vegas, NV
"Nice axe!"
I bought this the other day and I have to say I love it. I have bought many guitars over the last years here and I am more of a collector than player, this onc has brought me back to higher interest.
home many years
all
4 of 10 people (40%) people found this review helpful. Did you?