When you call, mention priority code 1ZS-S7PY

Rating and Reviews: Martin 000-17 Guitar

With a Guatemalan rosewood fingerboard and bridge set elegantly against a satin finish, Martin's 000-17 looks and sounds the part of a well-loved classic.

"I love this guitar..." submitted May 29, 2018

By John F in Payette, ID
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar player, since early childhood, in my early 60s. Play with friends and at home.
Music Style: Old time country music, country blues and a bit of ragtime.
Overall: I love Martin's, especially the 000/OM series. I prefer the mix of mahogany and spruce, it gives an old time sound that I enjoy when playing traditional music. And this Martin gives me that sound, along with a sunburst - to include the finish - that is very attractive. The simple appointments - the bridge, the dots and the tuners - are also favorites. And it is affordable. If you want a beautiful Martin with the classic sound and with a depression era feel, get this.

""Awsome Tone"" submitted November 24, 2018

By Jon Murdock in Heber Springs, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Drummer since childhood,in early 60's Seriously started resently acoustic guitar play with friends and at home.
Music Style: Love Classic Country, Classic Rock,Pop,some Bluegrass any thing I like that I can make the chords,Ha
Overall: In my search for tone, a sound good to my ears - has been a curse. A drummer who played smokey bars and VFWs resently and permanently disabled by a back surgery.To stay with my great love of music, seriously started playing acoustic guitar. A Fender,a Washburn,a Martin look-a-like -my problem was in bands around great pickers I know what a good guitar sounds like-the curse!Martin and Gibson rule - I bought the 000-17 Whiskey Sunset Martin from zZounds and was blown away!,It's tone is awsome - 1-3/4 slim neck works great for a 5-8 drummer. I did have the action lowered for me and D'Addario 12s string set up. The Guitar is very light, the tone and projection are great, strumming or picking. Everyone who has played on it wants one. Yes, even my friends who play high end Martins and Gibsons .

"Not what I was hoping for...." submitted November 13, 2018

By Lowell H in Sarasota, FL
Musical Background: 12 years, home, old time jams
Music Style: Finger style acoustic blues, slide blues, folk,
Overall: Always wanted a OM or 000 Martin (with a 3/4” nut), and decided to go for this ....The thing is very striking visually, nice and light, hs very nice neck and plays very easily...,Unfortunately for me, Martin actually did find a way to give the 000-17 that “vintage sound” ....It’s amazing, but it actually sounds like a cheap old guitar, albeit with a perfect fit and finish, and amazing sustain.I am unhappy with sound when fingerpick Ed, and strummed with a pick it sound even worse. The upside: It DOES sound good in Open D and in G, so I’ll be probably using this for slide playing only, which makes $1600 a ridiculously high price for me.

"Nice axe!" submitted January 28, 2018

By Val Carter in Las Vegas, NV
Musical Background: home many years
Music Style: all
Overall: I bought this the other day and I have to say I love it. I have bought many guitars over the last years here and I am more of a collector than player, this onc has brought me back to higher interest.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZS-S7PY. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST