MOTU 828ES Thunderbolt and USB Audio Interface

MOTU 828ES Thunderbolt and USB Audio Interface

The workhorse MOTU 828 interface gets an upgrade with ESS Sabre32 D/A converters, dual color LCDs, and 28x32 I/O via USB 2, Thunderbolt, or AVB/TSN Ethernet.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted July 17, 2020 by Louis H
"AWESOME!!"
Only just got it today but this thing is awesome so far. This thing is almost zero latency and that is with the USB 2.0 (my computer does not have thunderbolt). Downloaded software, plugged it in, updated firmware and ready to go. That simple and easy. This thing sounds good too, very clean. No background his, no DI coming through when using plugins (I play metal and every plugin or stand alone I have used sounded horrible and I could not stop the DI signal from blaring through until now). I experimented with Studio One using Fortin Cali suite plugin and wow, sounded phenomenal. The first time I have used an interface and had it sound this good right out of the box. Didn't have to mess with latency settings or anything. So far I love this device. No experience with Motu support but had to put stars in to complete this review
Extreme Metal
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 25, 2021 by a customer from icloud.com
"Best for the Price"
I bought the 828 primarily for its connectivity, which is pretty much unmatched at this price point, I couldn’t be happier with the purchase. A couple things you should probably know however, the knobs are notched, not the smooth rotary type (small gripe), if you have a newer Mac you’ll need to buy a thunderbolt cable and a usb-c apdater, if you want to use the thunderbolt connection, since the motu only comes with a USB cable, and lastly you need an ethernet connection to update the firmware for the interface, which means you need buy another adapter: ethernet to USB, which is pretty annoying. I don’t know many people that have a ethernet connection readily available in their studio, but if you do, you can obviously skip that step. Again I’m just passing what I believe is useful info, but the motu is well worth the price tag.
of 1 people (0%) people found this review helpful. Did you?