When you call, mention priority code 1ZS-28QC
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 20 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Morley ABY Selector Pedal

This pedal allows you to route signals 2 ways. You can route one signal to 2 outputs, or conversely, route 2 inputs to one output.

"NOISY" submitted March 29, 2006

Music Style: rock, blues, punk
Sound: This switch gets the job done if you need to use two amps but there is an annoying electrical hum as well as some tone degradation. The package of this unit recommended the Ebtech Hum Eliminator to help with the hum, but I don't really want to shell out $60 to find out if it works. Ease of Use: It's pretty straight forward, and the led's help you see what you're doing Quality: Seems well built Value: There are a few other switches that are a little cheaper. Overall: I've had it about a year and haven't used it in probably 7-8 months. I got it for a sketchy rig I was using at the time. I would like a way to switch between the Marshall and Fender amps I'm using now, but I can't live with a loud hum coming from over $3000 of amp.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Does not provide the function I purchased it for." submitted February 23, 2010

By a customer from elitetest.com
Musical Background: Hobbyist, Guitar instructor, getting active
Music Style: Rock - all forms, finger style
Sound: The only reason I did not rate this the worst is that I am not familiar with the other cheap ABY switch pedals and do not know what to expect from them. In this case I can say that you get what you pay for, or less in fact. The sound is not the issue, rather the noise this thing generates is. There are two distinct problems: Electroinc noise - most likely due to lack of ground isolation, and cross talk, due to lack of signal isolation, proper board layout, AND a lack of basic supression components. The noise issues can get bad enough that it renders this pedal useless. Of course, much depends on what amps you are trying to tie together, but without isolation, this thing can only be noisy. I was thinking of using some external ground isolation, but the signal bleed through is so bad, particularly on channel A that this thing cannot be said to provide a switching function - so why worry about trying to supress noise issues? It simply does not work properly, or in a reasonable manner and the problem only gets worse as the volume goes up. VERY DISSAPOINTING!!!! Feature: Descent physical layout - It has two switches, two indicators. The switches are placed intelligently in that a large foot won't hit both switches at the same time. The input/output jacks are spaced well and I like that they are placed on the front of the pedal. Now, the battery usage and execution is poor conceptually and in design. A 9V battery just to light up LED's? What a waste. Further more, you have to unscrew the base to get at it. By the way, once you do, you will see a simple PCB, poorly laid out, with some of the shoddiest soldering I have seen in any pedal. Part of the cross talk may in fact be due to some very poor solder and leaded device mounting practices - still the lack of isolation is very evident and IMHO kills any chances of this thing working well. Ease of Use: You do not get great sounds with this device. It is extremely noisey, and cannot prevent cross talk, defeating its intended purpose. If this was an elecronically sound device, I would give it a 10 for effective simplicity. Quality: Externally, this thing is fine. Its a metal box with descent paint. The problem is it is also an example of hidding trash under cosmetics. When you open it up you can see just how cheap it really is. Objectively speaking, for the money it is what it is, but still, I would have expected better switches and at least SOME componentry to reduce noise issues. They used a oversize ring terminal and some 14 guage wire for ground or signal reference, and tucked this under one switch against the painted surface of the case. What ground??? Come on Morely - I expect much better from you folks. The soldering job on my unit was terrible - period. Like I mentioned earlier, I have never seen worse. Value: For me, this simply is not worth anything. It simply does not provide the function I purchased it for. Franky, it wasn't even close. After looking at it closely I do understand why however. It is cheap, poorly constructed, and minimalist to the point of making it unuseable. Manufacturer Support: Did not even bother. I kept the thing to see what it would take to make it a reasonable device. The answer is start over guys! The Wow Factor: Here's the deal - this is a great idea very poorly executed. Nice looking stomp box, but ultimately, it simply is NOT a quality or effective product. Materials are second rate, workmanship is shoddy at best... don't waste your money. I checked another unit at GC, and heard similar problems with that unit. I checked out many reviews (after the fact) and see that many people are experiencing the same problems. These are not jaded reviews. This really is a poor product. Overall: I have not used this pedal since first trying it and experimenting with it. I will 'replace' it once I find what I am looking for.

"Nice pedal " submitted January 5, 2014

By Pacer C in Pasadena , MD
Musical Background: A few years
Music Style: Blues rock
Overall: Excellent just what I needed

"I love/hate my Morley A/B switcher" submitted February 15, 2008

By a customer from dccnet.com
Overall
Musical Background: active guitarist, sound tech, recording engineer, flight case and speaker cabinet builder
Music Style: improvised rock and soundtrack material
Sound: It adds a fair bit of hum, even with the hum eliminator I bought. There is also an unacceptable amount of crosstalk between A and B. The undesired output does not mute completely, so, without a volume pedal as well, you can't turn off either amp. This problem has increased with time (about 3 years). Feature: It has all of the features necessary including led indicators so you can see how it is set. Ease of Use: It's about as straight-forward as it could get. Quality: It's solid and well made, except that I don't like having to unscrew 4 screws to change the battery. Considering that the power is only needed to run the led indicators, it should have a wall-wart plug on it too. Value: It's hard to rate it on this factor, because I'm not happy with the performance. Manufacturer Support: no The Wow Factor: It;s a rectangular metal box with 2 switches, 2 leds, and 3 plugs. Couldn't get much sexier than that!!! Overall: I wish I knew about the cross-talk. It was bearable at first, because it wasn't very loud. Now, I feel it's time to find a better one.
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Morley ABY" submitted April 23, 2014

By Richard Felton in Baytown, TX
Overall
Musical Background: been playing music over 20 years. did about 10 years professionally
Music Style: rock, country, traditional, blues
Overall: a little noisey but does it's job. the noise level isn't too bad

When you call, mention priority code 1ZS-28QC. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST