Mojotone Solderless SG Guitar Wiring Harness

Mojotone Solderless SG Guitar Wiring Harness

Cultivate the purest tone out of your SG with this Mojotone wiring harness. Made with high-quality components, this electronics upgrade is easy to install.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted December 7, 2019 by Jim Blanton in Lockport, NY
"For sg 400 works fine. Easy to do!"
Got this for a sg 400. Not that hard to put in, just you got to set it in at once. Seems to work just fine. I put sd phat cat p-90s in it, sound great! The switch tip I ordered a USA spec tip and it fit perfect. I think it works great for those who dont want to solder or are not comfortable doing so, it's a great alternative!
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 6, 2019 by Skip V in Ashuelot, NH
"WARNING - SERIOUS CAVEATS!"
I got this wiring kit to upgrade my Epiphone SG G-400 Pro. I already knew that I'd have to do some hole widening for the volume, tone, selector switch, and input jack. So, I set about doing that. I put it all together and realized there were some problems. Don't get me wrong, it works..... kind of.Problem 1: Even with the Seymour-Duncan 'Hot Rodded' pickup set wires where they're supposed to be, there is a slight grounding buzz. I don't know if it's the terminal where you put the wires or what. I've reduced the ground hum, but not completely. Disappointing.Problem 2: You CAN'T use a Gibson/Epiphone selector switch tip for it. The screw is much fatter than the Gibson/Epiphone ones. So, you have to BUY ONE OF THEIR TIPS that conforms to their switch. That's ridiculous. I'm seriously tempted to just solder out the MojoTone switch and solder in the one that came with the Epiphone. I don't want to damage the switch by trying to widen out the Epiphone tip and forcing it on there. So, all in all, it works - but only just. This is not the quality I was expecting. And having proprietary switch tips is just ridiculous and underhanded.
40+ years playing guitar, 30+ years playing in bands before retiring a decade ago
Classic Rock, Classic Metal, Hard Rock, Soft Rock, Easy Listening
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?