Mojotone Pre-Wired Les Paul Long Shaft Wiring Kit

Mojotone Pre-Wired Les Paul Long Shaft Wiring Kit

Upgrade your Les Paul or Les Paul-styled guitar with this pre-wired kit from Mojotone! Its long-shaft pots fit in Les Pauls with thicker carved tops.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted September 3, 2020 by joseph farley in Princeton, WV
"Great Harness!"
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
I seen another review saying they had to redo the whole thing. I did nothing but drop it in place, it fit perfectly, i had the solderless version and after dropping in just took the braided lead and made a strand that i put solder on then plugged them into the appropriate holes. mine had a very detailed diagram with it as well. They have been working great since day one. I can actually turn them to 7 without all the top end dropping out totally. I use them with an unpotted PAF style pickup "Seth Lovers", and they really opened up after the harness install. the sound on full is identical to the stock pots, but thats not the point. they are very usable the tone rolled all the way off still has clarity not a muffled mess. If you know what im talking about you know what i mean, if not then pass for a cheaper set of pots these are not tone miracles they are very very good quality pots period.
The selection of parts is top of the line, everything was great.
Its as easy as turning a knob.
Mine was made very well, I have had them for well over a year and they are like new still and I play daily. I'm just now doing a review because I seen someone else trashing them in their review and they dont deserve that.
Well I would say "worth" is subjective, so I will say they are a little expensive for what it is but I plan to put them into 3 more guitars so I guess they are worth it to me.
The oil filled capacitors are something I wanted but they can replaced with orange drops or any quality componet and get the same result or close enough for me.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 1, 2019 by a customer from protonmail.com
"Don't waste your money"
These didn't come like the picture. The capacitor legs were soldered so close to the lugs, (there were no black wires from the caps to the lugs) there was absolutely no working room to get underneath them to solder the switch wires in, which had no instructions and a black and wire diagram. Contacted the company, they had no color one. Instead of fighting with it, I de-soldered everything and redid it all. I ended up having more work and spending more money than if I had just did it the normal, right way to begin with. I am never buying a pre-wired anything again.
3 of 4 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?