When you call, mention priority code 20L-T0LB

Rating and Reviews: M-Audio ProjectMix I/O

Elevate your at-home studio with this interface's 16 analog audio inputs and four analog outputs, plus touch-sensitive faders, transport and zoom controls.

"3 years old and still kicking!!" submitted March 30, 2010

Overall
Music Style: house,old skool hip hop,soul.
Sound: i progressed to the project mix from sound blaster 1080, was blown away by the sound quality,bearing in mind i only had earphones when i set it all up (which was a breeze!!) Feature: the i/o came with ableton live lite,various power adapter cables(i guess to suite different international sockets etc.)It looks so pro like,and gave my little room a real lift.my only gripe would be that they could have added a fake leather or vynal padding along the bottom of the unit,because leaning on my hand, using the jogg wheel for long periods causes numbness!! Ease of Use: so easy to use,you never forget either or loose interest. ive had mine for 3 years nearly,still as good as when i first plugged it in.Still need my p.c mouse on occassion,i couldnt go back to a sound blaster type card again!!! Quality: looks very good!! maybe could do with a more colourful lcd for meter display etc.But for sub 1000 euros already too good :). Value: well worth the money i payed!! put this way:if someone was going to offer me the money i payed for mine, i'd advise them to go to a store and get their own!! i havent had the need to look a similar items either cheaper or more expensive. Manufacturer Support: support bang on!! no problems over the near 3 years!!! The Wow Factor: ive still got it!!,(say no more!!) Overall: i,d sooner get my self a bigger multi roomed setup first than stepping up or replacing the project mix,even then,i ask my self, "would i need to replace it"
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"You gotta try this or else you will regret buying any other firewire control surface for you DAW programs!!!" submitted July 12, 2008

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Active Musician, Artist, Producer
Music Style: R & B/Gospel/Contemporary/Movie/ all other genre
Sound: I am using a beringe compressor/limiter with a Samsun CO1 Condensor 48V phantom powered mic connected to my daw Sonar 7 Producer edition and Pro-Tools M-Powered. It works wonders in my studio which is located seperately from my home. It responds excellent to my system. It intergrate easily with Reason 4.0 also which is not listed. Midi Works seemingless through it. The play in the XLR's is a little scary but I have no problems with it. I love all of the controls and I am still learning them by heart. If you do not have a good memory of using these Knobs then don't use it. It does not explain everything that it can do. I wouldn't trade it in the world. Only if I could at some more tracts to this product then it would be great. 8 mic inputs are not enough. Feature: I love the way it handles. I wish that it came with all of the XLR cables, and other cables that it can handle. The word clock cables need to be added along with ADAT cables and wires. You have to purchase everything but the power supply. So buy the accessories before going home to hook it up. Ease of Use: It is easy to use once you get it going good. I had to go into the presets and un mute the unbalanced cable plug ins. If you don't then you won't hear anything. Quality: This control surface is constructed strong. I have no problems with it yet. Only had it for about 8 months though. Value: For the price this is. It is an offer that you can't refuse. Manufacturer Support: Couldn't tell you. I have not called them yet. The Wow Factor: Its great but some people want it to match everything else such as black or woodgrain etc. Overall: I will continue with this product because I can see the standards for this product is very high already.
16 of 19 people (84.21%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Greatest thing since sliced bread." submitted January 25, 2007

By a customer from virtualtracks.com
Musical Background: Recording Engineer,producer,active musician
Music Style: Folk,Country
Sound: Same great sound as with Delta 1010's that I have used for a while on my desktop. Feature: getting automated faders of this quuality combined with 8 pre-amps plus the hardware controls for running fast recording workflow is awsome. Time is money and this unit gives all the benefits of saving time on mixdown,mastering etc etc without spending an arm and a leg. Ease of Use: Easiest set-up of any unit I have used recently.Even all the drivers and firmware were up to date. I use it to be able to run Pro-Tools and Sonar on a laptop for total studio portability. Mated with a keyboard controller this makes the lightest most portable full mobile 8 track recording studio with all the power of full PC software compatibility. Have not found anything wrong yet. Quality: The faders may not be the best but they are a pro level quality so I'll knock a point off Value: All this for 1300$,its a steal Manufacturer Support: Great support so far from M-Audio.They do whatever they can till thay get you satisfied. The Wow Factor: Clean,professional looking gear. Overall: As long as it is reliable -I have not had it long,I do not expect to buy anything for 3-4 years maybe.
20 of 24 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent value and the features are great! just needs better pre's" submitted May 14, 2011

Musical Background: active producer
Music Style: hip hop, rock
Sound: the Unit sounds great for the price range. the mic pre's are very hot which can make miking a drum kit up a bit sketchy at times but with this many I/O for such a low price you can't really complain Feature: midi control massive I/0 templates for controlling all major DAWs touch selection of channels. Led readouts for everything, zooming. makes DAW work a real hands on experience. only draw backs are that the pre's aren't amazing and the latency I get with it is about 4ms longer at 128 sample rate than my Native instruments KA-6. Ease of Use: pretty much a plug and play afair here. not much learning curve. read the manual and your good to go. Quality: Have had mine for about 3 years now and never had a single issue with it. Value: amazing value. (though check the used market as u can get em for a crazy bargain) Manufacturer Support: haven't had much need for it but m-audio has always been hit or miss. and the drivers rarely get any updates The Wow Factor: mainly for the touch sensitive faders with LED read out and built in I/O just wish it had more pristine mic pre's and a better I/o interface built in (updated I should say as it's getting a bit long in the tooth) Overall: I'll probably keep it another 2-3 years before really feeling the urge to upgrade (and it's not like you can't use other nice mic pre's and just run stright into the box from there).

"flustered" submitted September 9, 2012

By mahboubeh nourbkhsh in montreal, QC
Musical Background: guitar player for 12 years and recording engineer
Overall: The firewire jack on the unit is defective so I can not make any connection to my pc, and it`s been like one week that i called zZounds and they have not told me yet how should i sent this back

M-Audio ProjectMix I/O Customer Review submitted March 5, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Producer, Engineer, Songwriter/Performer--Tripple Threat..woot woot lol
Music Style: Hip-Hop, R&B, Electro
Sound: The mic pres are decent but for better sound I'd pic up a mic pre. Feature: Comes with everything you need. Automated faders are great. Value: Awesome for price range Manufacturer Support: Support is decent. However, EVERY TIME I CALLED I WAITED AT LEAST AN HOUR TO SPEAK TO A REP....RIDICULOUS! The Wow Factor: pretty sexy looking

"Good unit for a good price" submitted July 3, 2007

Musical Background: CEO Record Label/Executive Producer
Music Style: Hip Hop / RnB
Sound: Sound comes out pretty good. I don't have an expensive mic or expensive mic pre-amps. But what I do have it sounds great once the mix down is complete and we send it off to get mastered. Feature: the knobs and buttons are efficient, but without labels to me they are just excess knobs and buttons. Ease of Use: It is very easy to use. After an update on the driver it synched up and was ready to go. Unfortunately I am now having problems with plug ins. And we don't have that many. I'll be calling M-Audio VERY soon. Quality: Quality overall is it is a good unit. It turns on when I need it to and it doesn't die when we are doing something important. I have never had any issues till I updated my Mac software. Hey now that I think about it. I might need to update the driver software...:) Value: Value is overall great deal for the price. looks and feels and sounds above average. Manufacturer Support: When I called the first time they were great!! The Wow Factor: I own it...but I really wish I had a HD system :) Overall: Overall it does the job...I just need to make some adjustments to my system to get some bugs worked out.

"You have to try it to believe it" submitted February 16, 2006

Music Style: Jazz, r&b, Hip-hop, classical
Sound: I think the sound quality on this unit is awesome. This is a must buy!! Feature: It has very versatile features for most situations. The fact that it can control logic, protools(m-powered, le in HUI mode)Cubase, Sonar, DP ect. makes this a good tool to try different softwares. I wish you could use spif and adat at the same time but you cant. You have to use one or the other Quality: I expected the quality to be sub par because of the price but the quality is excellent. This is a steal. Value: For what you get it is worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: support is ok The Wow Factor: sexy sexy

When you call, mention priority code 20L-T0LB. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449