When you call, mention priority code 20V-BTV8

Rating and Reviews: M-Audio Fast Track MK2

Be your own engineer with this portable interface, featuring a convenient plug-and-play USB connection and Pro Tools SE software.

"M-Audio Fast track" submitted September 4, 2012

By Matt Hornsby in Independence, KY
Musical Background: 25+ years, guitar, percussion, vocals
Music Style: Acoustic, Country, Indie, Punk
Overall: I'm very pleased with this product

"For around $100 you can't go wrong." submitted January 6, 2010

Musical Background: Hobbyist and active musician
Music Style: Mostly the metals. And good ol' Rock n' Roll.
Sound: It sounds great! Much better than the sound I was getting out of my Fostex 8-track recorder. Feature: It has limited I/O, but I knew that going into the purchase. It also comes with Pro-tools M-powered Essentials, which my computer won't run. It does work great with Reaper though. Ease of Use: You really can't get much easier with an audio interface. ASIO drivers make this thing easy to talk to whatever sequencer/DAW you may be using. Quality: I'm not planning on taking this thing on "the road", so I don't know how it'll stand up in that situation. I also tend to baby my electronics, so I can imagine this thing lasting until I have enough money to upgrade. Value: For what they are charging, this is probably the best in its class. Manufacturer Support: The best kind of service is that which you don't need. In other words, haven't needed them. The Wow Factor: I guess the LEDs look cool, but otherwise, this just looks like your typical plastic interface. Overall: I'll keep this around until I upgrade. Maybe even longer than that. Can't say there's anything I don't like about it that I didn't already know before purchasing it. Also can't say that anything in particular sticks out to me though.
62 of 76 people (81.58%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"One major problem...." submitted November 11, 2012

By T Dee in Huntsville, AL
Overall
Overall: When you use a USB port near your charger inlet, there's a terrible buzz when your charger is plugged in. I wonder if its a cable issue and can be resolved with another cable. I haven't tried it yet though. Another thing I'm not fond of is the RCA outs. But I suppose otherwise it's not so bad. Comes with Pro tools SE and it should suffice for a songwriter recording one instrument and vocals or potentially two simultaneously. I believe the only issue you'll have is if your usb port is near your charger port.

"Amazing Budget Audio Interface!" submitted March 10, 2012

By Brandon T
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist, 7 years in learning, Home-Recording producer.
Music Style: Metal, Jazz, Blues, Rock, Progressive, Classical
Overall: First off, this is my 3rd interface and I think 3rd time lucky! This Interface has clean preamps, minimal or zero latency if you install the drivers, and works with most DAWS! I use it with Pro Tools HD9 and GarageBand and it works perfectly! Don't let a one star review make you not buy this product! It really is great! Good Job M-AUDIO/Avid another splendid product for a great price!

"Great!" submitted February 10, 2013

By jay W
Music Style: Hip hop
Overall: The sound quality on these are a perfect full sound. I use this with Audio Technica At 2020 And AKG 240s.

"good value, OK product" submitted March 5, 2012

By Greg V in Roanoke, VA
Musical Background: Guitar player semi-pro
Music Style: rock, Christian, Acoustic
Overall: The bundled Pro Tools SE is VERY limited. Other than recording tracks to be edited/mixed in another DAW, It is really about worthless. The interface itself is super easy to use, but of average to lower quality. All said and done, it will get you rcording and it's simple to use for a novice, but more advanced users will find something with a full version of the software much more to their liking.

"Excellent interface for recording guitar and bass on your computer" submitted May 13, 2011

Overall
Sound: I use it for recording lead guitar, rhythm guitar, and bass guitar. It is absolutely perfect for my needs. Feature: It comes with ProTools Essentials for M-Audio, which is basically a free starter product. It got me through the first few weeks with acceptable functionality and it was good enough to get me hooked. As I become more advanced, I then realized that I needed to buy the upgrade because there were a few functions, such as locked out punch in, that get frustrating after awhile. However, it's still better than I would have expected in free software. I just bought Pro Tools M-Powered 8, which was the least expensive next option available. So far, I think my newly purchase software upgrade is all that I will need for a long time. Ease of Use: Works for me Manufacturer Support: I had a problem in the initial setup and it was difficult to get in touch with someone. I knew it should be extremely simple to figure out, but I couldn't do it on my own. Because it is an entry level product, they restrict live phone support. I finally got someone to help me and two minutes later I was jamming and recording. Overall: For recording electric guitar and electric bass, it seems to be just what I need.

When you call, mention priority code 20V-BTV8. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2019, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.