Mapex MA528SF Mars Crossover Drum Shell Kit, 5-Piece
ONLY 3 LEFT

Mapex MA528SF Mars Crossover Drum Shell Kit, 5-Piece

By virtue of its innovative SONIClear bearing edge, this 5-piece drum shell kit delivers crystal-clear tone and stays in tune, even at lower tunings.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted June 30, 2014 by Ethan G in Mesa, AZ
"The best for the money"
For $600 this drum set will destroy anything else in that price range. The birch shells sound amazing all around. The finish looks gorgeous and the hardware is solid. Only thing is they skimped on the snare a little, the throw off is weak and the wires are flimsy, but its nothing a couple upgrades won't fix and once you do it will be as good as most snare you would buy stand alone.
Intermediate
A little of everything
111 of 113 people (98%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 10, 2017 by Ken S in West Haven, UT
"Excellent drums! "
Wow, very impressed with this kit. I bought a similar kit a few years ago in the same price range by Pearl. I like the kit but I think this one is nicer. Love the black hardware. The bonewood is great looking and the hardware feels quality not cheap. Snare is good although I'll probably upgrade the wires on the bottom. Plus the set looks amazing set up. The pictures don't do these kits justice. You have to see them in person. Amazing! Very happy with this purchase. And zZounds, what can you say? They make buying music gear incredibly simple. Love this company! And good job Mapex! These drums are fantastic!
30+ years playing professionally. Piano and bass guitar
I own a studio and pretty much play everything.
25 of 26 people (96%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 9, 2015 by Austin C in Whitesboro, NY
"Seriously amazing kit "
I've been playing drums for about 7 years now, and this is the best kit I have heard in a long time. The toms are fat and punchy while still being musical, the snare has that crack that you're looking for and still had great tone to it and the mounting systems on this thing are top notch. Mapex is my go to brand from this day forth no question.
7 years playing, 5 years in and out of gigging and studio bands
Metal, hardcore, rock, jazz, fusion, hip hop, punk
25 of 26 people (96%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 26, 2019 by John Robertson in Austin, TX
"Kit sounds perfect"
This kit is affordable and sounds fantastic. I LOVE the John Bonham layout with the two floor toms. Get yourself some decent cymbals and begin the journey. These drums are perfect for recording or playing live. This is my third drum set I have ever owned and I really enjoy it!
I have been playing music avidly for thirty years.
Rock, Metal, Blues, country
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 27, 2015 by Brian Nelson in Rodeo, CA
"Mapex mars crossover kit "
Great kit sounds awesome,if you r going to use it for rock, and you hit as heavy as I do then you need to change to heavy heads,this kit will sty in tune and looks cool as well To give you an idea of how hard I hit ,the drum sticks that I use are marching band sticks vic firth Ralph Hardimon corpsmaster look them up.
25 year drummer
I play anything from blues to metal rock is my passion I hit like Jon bonham
14 of 25 people (56%) people found this review helpful. Did you?