Mackie Thump15A Powered Speaker (1300 Watts, 1x15")

Mackie Thump15A Powered Speaker (1300 Watts, 1x15")

Meet the updated, upgraded 15" Mackie Thump! Modernized design, 1300 watts of power, and DSP from Mackie's SRM series make these PA speakers a superb value.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 23, 2017 by DJBWILL W in Crystal River , FL
"More power "
I only did one gig with them and they pass the test. They have more power than the last thump. You can tell right away. Now let me tell you about the first and only review a head of this one. I don’t know what he’s talking about but it’s must be his mixer. You have 4 preset EQ on the speakers but you have to tune in on your mixer for the sound you want. I think there are great for the price and I have JBL’s and EV’s not as good as the JBL but for the price you can’t go wrong.
20 years
All
58 of 60 people (97%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 1, 2018 by Nick L in Framingham, MA
"Well Done Mackie !"
The new Thumps definitely have more power and have the edge when you need to push them a little. Im some 10 gigs in with these and you cant beat the weight, power or sound with these but I use a Yamaha mixer and a Mackie mixer sometimes and they sound awesome. I know when I go into a room ive got the power ! Ive used them in hotel ballrooms without a sub up to 200 people. I bought the bags also, take care of your gear and it will take care of you ! Im 43 Years in Bands and Dj and in my 60s and appreciate the lightweight of these and the power. Hip hop, rock and house no problem. If you want the thump these are the ones !
43 Years In Music !
All styles dance, reggae, hip hop, world music
22 of 24 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 22, 2020 by Lizete Tzib in Pontotoc, MS
"Excellent"
Wow so happy i bought these makie speakers wow couldn’t believe it sounds good. For the price not bad at all thanks zZounds i recommend these speakers
15 years
Mix. Spanish and English music
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 21, 2020 by Lizete Tzib in Pontotoc, MS
"Excellent"
15 years
Mix. Spanish and English music
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 24, 2018 by Jose Gastelum in Calexico, CA
"Mackie Thump 15"
I bought this speaker for 2 main purposes: Use at home as a PA system speaker and for live situations as a Monitor/Loudspeaker. The Mackie thump 15 sounds amazing, it provides very clear sound from vocals, instruments and drums when mic'ed properly. I have used this speaker mainly with a mixer mic'ing an acoustic guitar, electric guitars and vocals and the sound it provides is as good as the one coming from the amps/guitars. It doesn't blend your sound in any way, you get what comes out of the mixer. The only reason I dont give a full 5* is because I dont like that it has "pre-set" eq, I would rather it to have basic 2-3 band EQ or even just a volume knob instead of that because if gives me the placebo feeling that my sound can be not better, but different in a way I could probably like. Anyway, when used with a mixer you can EQ to your taste. I have also used the speaker to play music from my computer and it sound very nice, lots of bass from this speaker.
Playing guitar for over 7 years, singer/songwriter.
Rock/Blues/Alternative/Indie
11 of 13 people (85%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 20, 2020 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Still going strong"
I had these speakers about 3 to 4 years now and they still going strong. Did a lots of events with them. Some things I had to push them really hard. I tried to use them for small to midsize events/venues, about up to 100 people. The last I use them I really beat the hell out of them. I usually don’t do that but I was told it was a small venue and about 70 people. When got it was the total the opposite. If I had known,I would have Brought my Mackie DRM 15s or JBL srx815s. So I was little worried that I didn’t have enough power. They got a little harsh and I heard a little popping noises on heavy bass songs,so I had to dial back every now and then but I got thought it with both speakers not blown.

Submitted October 1, 2020 by Mark B in Vacaville, CA
"Thump 15a...."
Bought a pair of Thump 15's for my sons wrestling room and all as I can say is wow! Having many years of home HiFi equipment experience, this was my first experience with PA speakers and this has me rethinking all the choices I have made over the years. Supper simple to set up. Great instruction manual. Sound is absolutely great!
Classic Rock to Metal

Submitted March 11, 2018 by steve keller in winnsboro, SC
"mackie thump 1300 watt"
bought the used one it works fine . front light does'nt work but i'm good with that . have'nt had a chance to really turn it up yet . so i'll do another review later for that part. never had to use manufacturer support.
playing for about 25 years i play guitar and keyboard mostly at home with friends
christian rock blues
4 of 8 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 31, 2020 by a customer from hotmail.com
"Garbage"
To keep it simple and to the point. Both speakers are done. 1 went out and the other went out about 2 months later (WITH THE SAME PROBLEM). If I had to guess, the amps are done and I only had them for around 6/7 months. That's what I get for trying to be cheap.

Submitted August 2, 2018 by Michael Miller in StCloud, FL
"Best 15s for the money!"
As advertised! And more, the pair will make your ears bleed! Can't say enough!
10yrs guitar, 35 yes live sound! Audio all tiles!
Metal, classic rock, and heavy rock!
3 of 4 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 1, 2018 by Michael Miller in StCloud, FL
"Best for entry level DJ on budget!"
Great sound, head to head blows JBLs out of the water! Very loud, with no clipping!
Guitar,10 yes!. Home picker!
Metal,classic rock!
2 of 3 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 29, 2019 by Francisco T in Wilmington, DE
"Already Blown"
Bought the speakers on July 29. Today is exactly 2 months since I bought them and they are both blown. I do not push any of my speakers hard so I’m having a hard time understanding why these Mackie Thump 15A’s Blew so easy.
DJing since 1993
All genres
of 2 people (0%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 13, 2018 by Sheila Woodin in Gresham, OR
"No Clarity"
I bought this speaker to use as a main but it is terrible for vocals. Very muddy even when eq'ing it from the board. I waited about 2 months before writing this review to let it break in. I usually like Mackie products but this one falls short. Even though its 1300 watts my ev 12- 1000 watt blows it away. Therefore; I use it just to mic the drums and run the bass through it. Forget using it as a rehearsal speaker. it feeds back mids and bass even though the EQ's are down. The only thing I can think of is if it had an EQ on the speaker I could dial the highs in but it doesn't have an EQ just a dummy dsp for live and monitors. I am very dissappointed that this is supposed to be 1300 watts it sure don't sound like it
Live rock band
2 of 3 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 12, 2020 by eddie Banks in brookhaven, MS
"These speakers are not what they claim to be"
Mackie do not stand by there speaker this is nowhere near 1300 watts don't believe what on the box , not true don't be surprise u be replacing parts before 6 months or less
33 yr
hip hop

Submitted October 3, 2017 by Paul Neyhart in Hazleton, PA
"Mackie loudspeaker don't do it!!"
Mackie loudspeakers are fine if you like noise!! Not music!! There is no midrange or tone!! I want music not noise!! Does not provide smooth sound! Over priced!
I have been an advid listener and music lover for 40 years!
Rock, hip hop, jazz, any good music!
6 of 38 people (16%) people found this review helpful. Did you?