When you call, mention priority code 20M-B8LL

Rating and Reviews: Mackie Thump15

With 1000 watts on tap and a high-output 15" woofer, the Mackie Thump15 delivers class-leading bass response. Your portable PA system never sounded so huge!

"Thump thump" submitted September 24, 2015

By Michael A in Fresno, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Sound engender for nearly 30years, bass, trumpet, and middle eastern percussion. Play semi-professionally musician
Music Style: Jazz, rock.
Overall: Clear crisp highs, smooth midrange, and not just thumping lows, but big and round. They truly capture the essence of the double bass, whether it be from an orchestra with the pizzicato sounds of a walking jazz bass line. I'm impressed and very pleased with this purchase, well worth the price I paid.

"Love Mackie" submitted May 18, 2015

By Sean Murphy in Tacoma, WA
Musical Background: DJ and drummer in a christian rock band
Music Style: Christian rock and old rock and country
Overall: I DJ and host Karaoke and these speakers are absolutely awesome!!!!! Very loud and crisp with awesome bass response, thinking of adding more. Thank you Thank you zZounds for pay to play!!!! I'm a customer for life my next purchase will be wireless mics and my Gretsch Drum set.

"Love my new Thumps" submitted August 3, 2014

By Rick S
Musical Background: 15 years DJ/Karaoke host
Music Style: Whatever they customer asks for
Overall: They sound fantastic, hard thumping bass and excellent highs. Filled the entire downtown last weekend duringthe anual talent show. Only complaint is that the thumb screws for tightning them to the stand did not come with them. must be an option?
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great speakers , with excellent bass and clear highs." submitted December 1, 2014

By bill k in saugerties, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Over 10 years experience as a DJ.
Music Style: Dj everything from hip hop,country,pop,50s ect.
Overall: I bought these speakers after selling my old Peavey PR15s, I was def happy I bought these, they have excellent bass response and sound very clear ,They are nice and light weight but still feel solidly built.I would def reconmmend these spears to some one that is looking for a great sounding set of powered speakers.
34 of 36 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Very good choice" submitted October 18, 2017

By John M in North Fort Myers, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 6 or 7 instruments, depending on what I want to do that day, gigging since 1969....weekends, special events, weddings and the re
Music Style: Christian always, but pop, rock, blues.....think Eric Clapton, Eagles, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Alan Jackson, George Strait.
Overall: I traded for one at a local music store in Wisconsin, (Music Center, Kenosha, A +) and added another through the Mackie home page. These are really practical and a solution for both DJ and live bands. They are light, and sturdy on the "roadie scale", and they are very powerful on the sound scale. Great EQ on the back of the speaker-but to get your best results, do not turn them up past "12 o'clock"....instead, use your mixer to add volume, and you will never go wrong. I have a rack which includes a BBE 882 sonic maximizer, a DBX 266xs comp, a Nady 31 band stereo EQ, and I find that to be plenty of "pre-amp" power to keep the sound completely clear and pristine. I paid 350 for the one speaker and less for the refurbished twin from Mackie, Redmond, Washington. (237 as I remember.) I have made money with this setup.

"Mackie Thump 15 Powered Loud Speaker"s" submitted May 11, 2016

By Calvin M in Woodbridge, VA
Musical Background: Started DJing about 2 yesrs ago
Music Style: Hip-hop, blues, pop reggae, r&b, some house, some electronic, christian, jazz, go-go, and old school.
Overall: Just purchased a pair of the Mackie Thump Speakers in April 2016. I don't no what some people are looking for in a set of speaker's. Right now I am taking th time to brake the Thump' s in. They are some awesome speaker's ,and I have pumped them up. They really get the job done, I have, not heard anything muddy or any this, and that. Let's be real for the price this is a hell of a speaker. When I take them out to do a gig, and they will do what they do.

"Outstanding!" submitted January 13, 2017

By Tim R in Buffalo, NY
Musical Background: Been playing in bars for 35+ years
Music Style: Rock, blues, country
Overall: What great speakers! I can't believe the sound. Been playing a long time. Always used powered mixer/passive speakers. Not any more. A fellow musician turned me on to these speakers and I can't thank him enough. Great sound that really enhances our performance.

"Love these Thump Speakers" submitted May 18, 2016

By Azm Sajed in North Babylon, NY
Musical Background: 40 years playing and a Music producer
Music Style: ROCK, Fusion, & Jazz
Overall: Mackie Thumps 15 beat all sounds of their opponents. Speakers were tested without EQ with EV and JBL EON series.

"Mackie Thump15 Powered Loudspeaker" submitted April 27, 2015

By Bob M in Texas City, TX
Musical Background: 45+ years
Music Style: Clasic Rock
Overall: Just what the old back ordered. Lite-weight speakers that sound great. I read a review that stated they got muddy sounding after a couple of hour of being cranked up. I had no problem with that. Pumped out a clean 90 decibels (not official, but plenty for reception) 4 hours with no problem. Ran from mixer to processor to speakers. I also have a classic rock band and they sounded fantastic there as well.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Thump 15 Powered Loudspeaker" submitted February 2, 2016

By Gabriel R in Stickney, IL
Musical Background: I have been a Dj for over 20 years
Music Style: House music
Overall: I been doing some research on different brands. The Thump kept looking like my best option. When they came in I rushed to try them out. I was like WoW I got my money worth.

"AMAZING" submitted July 3, 2017

By Nelson E in Tacoma, WA
Musical Background: DJ for 10 years
Music Style: Open-Format
Overall: Please do not feed into the negative comments on here. I almost didn't buy these and I would've regretted it. These speakers are amazing. I DJ at a bar and grill in my city and they do not have house speakers. Its a pretty big place and these speakers fill the whole thing. The lows are amazing, I don't even have to use my subwoofer anymore. They are powerful. A bit heavy, but certainly not an issue, just buy a dolly.

"Best powered speaker great price" submitted November 10, 2014

By Kristian Gonzales in Delano, CA
Musical Background: Mobile DJ 6 years
Music Style: All genres of music
Overall: O was skeptical about buying a powered speaker , but now I'm glad I did! The thump15 is all I expected and more . They found great in door and out door bass is amazing . Speakers are convenient and light weight makes fir easy loading and unloading , I'm am very impressed .
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome speakers" submitted November 7, 2017

By James T in Charlotte, NC
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: All kinds from r&b,rap,country,jazz,
Sound: Great Ease of Use: Just plug and play Quality: Light weight easy to carry and set up Value: Yes great price Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with manufacturer The Wow Factor: Dealing with zzounds is great will be back to purchase through them again and again Overall: I purchased these mackies and was blown away I usually don't leave reviews but had to on this deal. I just got back into DJing and ran across these speakers I said ok let me try them out and amazing sound and light weight just pull them out of the box and play I just use my mixer ns7 to adjust gain and volume I will be adding a sub but these are great just don't over do it.

"Mackie Thump15" submitted December 19, 2016

By Sherman Brown in Celina, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 10+yrs. I play 6 string lefty bass.
Music Style: Gospel, rock, hip-hop, country, R&B, blues.
Overall: Got the speakers extra early and was amazed at the sound. The speakers are light weight and carries a huge sound. Love them and most importantly I was able to play as I pay. zZounds are the best. I will continue to do business with this company.

"VERY NICE & POWERFUL, FEEL THE THUMP." submitted May 8, 2015

By carolyn bennett-crite in Pembroke Township, IL
Musical Background: I listen & play musice at home , catering & parties
Music Style: variety
Overall: I am glad my husband has purchased a pair of these speakers. They are good quality & sound. I am the music person in my family & I just needed to replace a pair of Harbinger speakers. We ordered the right connections & have both speakers connected together thru the use of my laptop for outdoor use. PLEASED!!!!!!!!!!!.

"Buy it. Now." submitted May 12, 2015

By Chawan J in Louisville, MS
Musical Background: guitarist 20+ years, semi-professional
Music Style: Christian, Gospel, Jazz, etc.
Overall: I bought these speakers to add to my group's equipment... They sound AWESOME, and the price is just as awesome. the bass coming out of these things is great. They are lightweight, and easy to set up as monitors or mains. I plan to add two more to my setup.

"Just WOW!" submitted August 16, 2015

By Neil McEvoy in Malden, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Upright and electric bass, guitar - and longer than I can remember.
Music Style: Bluegrass, classic rock, pop, country.
Overall: Outstanding powered PA speaker! The band couldn't believe how clean the sound is. No hiss, no pop, nothing but a clean carrier. 1000 watts is more than we'll ever need, but it's nice to have the overhead. Rugged construction and sound that'll blow them away.

"AWESOME SPEAKERS!" submitted November 14, 2016

By ERNIE F in miami, FL
Overall
Music Style: live music rock, pop, funk, blues
Overall: Mackie has done it! Awesome speakers. Used for live music rock, pop, funk, blues and drums sound amazing coming out of these babies. 5 piece and all through the mixer. Clean, crisp sound with no fuzz or hiss. Loud as well, great punch on the low end. Paid only $87 bucks a month through zZounds who are the best period! Get a pair for mains or monitors. You can't go wrong.

"Great Budget Buy!!" submitted February 18, 2017

By Ronald N in Slidell, LA
Overall
Musical Background: I'm only a part timer DJ, for parades and parties.
Music Style: United States all genre of music, if it's coming out the system.
Overall: I bought the Mackie Thump 15 package with stands and cases, truly a great buy! They sound great Andy was fast shipping. I only wish this package would come with the carry case for the stands, but that's differently not deal breaker.

"Great sound" submitted November 20, 2014

By Daryl Cunningham in Chicago, IL
Musical Background: professional dj
Music Style: hip hop
Overall: superior sound quality for the price

"Still Kicking" submitted April 15, 2017

By D Dixon in Eastpointe, MI
Overall
Overall: These speakers are amazing!! Low are low highs are crisp. its been over a year and still going. I.m a DJ R'B Rap Classic Rock. I also use them for my electric drums. Great sound.

"Thump 15" submitted June 30, 2014

Overall
Overall: Really nice for the novice home entertainer like me. Only wish they came with a broader spectrum on the equalization. Very nice; can do house party, cookout or PA setup for friends and family and have a professional sound for a reasonable price.

"So much potential...but..." submitted May 19, 2017

By Joe E in Austin, TX
Overall
Musical Background: DJing since 1990 at clubs, bars, festivals, raves, weddings, private parties & corporate events.
Music Style: All genres, but primarily dance oriented (EDM, hip-hop, top-40)
Overall: I've owned several Mackie Thump series active speakers (12" & 15"). When they actually work they're amazing sounding! Therein lies the rub...both sets of Mackie Thumps I've owned have failed on me (typically amp/driver issues) in a very short period of time. As a mobile DJ who's reputation and livelihood depends on my performance, speakers failing in mid gig just isn't ok. For the record, I don't come anywhere near peaking / red lining my equipment as it's too damn valuable to risk blowing something. So like I said, when they work they sound amazing, but sadly their dependability is just not good enough for someone who's job depends on their gear. Best advice I can give is buy these at your own risk knowing they could be great or could go out on your when you least expect them to. PS - I'd like to thank the awesome folks at zZounds for being so understanding and helping me to ship back the Mackies for a pair of Yamaha DRX-15's. Although they're double the price of the Mackies there's a reason...you get what you pay for.

"Mackie Thump15 Powered Loudspeaker" submitted March 5, 2017

By Danny Gardner in Greensboro, NC
Musical Background: Playing for 5 years now. I'm a DJ
Music Style: Carolina Beach Music, Motown, Country, Oldies, Southern Soul, Line Dance, 80's Dance Music
Overall: I am a part time DJ, and I ordered a pair of these speakers on the payment plan. I am very well pleased with the sound of these speakers and I have had a lot of compliments on the sound. So I am now going to order another set of them. I would highly recommend these to any DJ that is looking for that great sound with that thump to it.

"WORKS FINE" submitted March 28, 2017

By Samuel Gbatu in FPO, AP
Musical Background: 2-3 years of DJing
Music Style: ALL
Overall: The speaker sounds quality is great but my only dissatisfaction with it is that it does not withstand heavy beats or base. In other words, if you are playing songs with heavy base/beats and you have the volume about half way, the red light will be activated indicating overstrain. If continue using while the red light is indicating you might blow off the speaker. I don't have subwoofer so I relax on the speaker to give me the base.

"Thumps Rule!!!!" submitted July 3, 2017

By Richard Pollard in Dolgeville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: bass player for 40 plus years, dabbling in live sound, small set ups mainly
Music Style: classic rock, christian rock
Overall: I was on the fence about getting either the thump 15's or the Peavey 115D Powered speakers. They are about the same price, and had the same Play as you Pay options. I already had a set of the non powered Peavey 115s, so the Peaveys would be the smart choice you'd think, but I kept reading bad reviews on this site and other sites about the Peaveys crapping out after a couple months, and would be my luck, I'd get the ones that don't work as well, so after reading good review after good review about the thumps, I went with them. Glad I did! They sound fantastic, not to mention they are much lighter!!! They arrived on my door step the day after I ordered them, I couldn't believe it! zZounds has got it going on! Great Customer service, very knowledgeable in what they do! Will definitely be ordering more from zZounds, just as soon as I pay the 3 plans I currently have with them lol.

"Mackie Thump 15" submitted July 1, 2017

By Richard Pollard in Dolgeville, NY
Musical Background: Bass Player for 40 plus years, dabbling in live sound
Music Style: Classic Rock, Christian Rock, 80's hair band stuff
Overall: Great speakers! Very loud and clear, great bass output!

When you call, mention priority code 20M-B8LL. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449