Mackie ProFX6v3 Professional USB Mixer, 6-Channel

Mackie ProFX6v3 Professional USB Mixer, 6-Channel

Perfect for your desktop studio, this mini mixer gives you 2 Onyx mic preamps, 24 built-in effects, and 2-in/4-out USB I/O for easy recording and playback.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 30, 2019 by Victor T in Princeton, NJ
"ProFX6v3 is Pro Gear"
I just put the Mackie ProFX6v3 through its paces. I have to say using Chanel 1 with a DPA 4099 guitar mic, Chanel 2 a Nylon string guitar equipped with a L.R. Baggs Classical Lyric mic, Chanel 3&4 with a Beat Buddy and Chanel 5&6 iPhone. All mixed and great hall (preset 05) the mix sounds great open and transparent. I’m running it out to QSC CP8 speakers. The mixer is running well and appears to be solid. The mic pre-‘s are transparent and sound like the onyx Mic pre’s. Having the Low cut at 100 Hz gets rid of any low and rambles and mud. The EQ just being high and low is able to control and tame the signal coming from the mic. The effects sound very clear and are very usable and very easy to use and dial-in to taste. I have other high-end digital mixers but I wanted a system where I can just walk in with my powered speakers plug-in a small mixer and do a solo gig without a paddleboard and still be able to control the tone of the guitar based on the rooms needs and be able to run my beat buddy and background play music during breaks or backing tracks. The size of this mixer is wonderful and does not take up much room. I like the mixer is stereo and has built-in effects that are truly usable. For the price it’s a great deal and most importantly the sound is clean and professional with transparency and not a loss of tone. If you’re looking for a small mixer for solo or duo gigs with a small footprint and everything you need built-in this may be the mixer you’re looking for. It certainly is lightweight and easy to transport and travel with. For my needs it was a perfect fit and I appreciate the upgraded mic preamp’s that Mackie put into this.
35 year pro musician
Flamenco, Jazz, Classical, Rick, New Age, Ambient
10 of 10 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 6, 2020 by Wayne O in Austin, TX
"User-Friendly USB Interface w/ONYX Preamps"
Mixer w/FX,quality preamps,USB interface, etc. Excellent for crystal clear home recordings. It's like a tricked out Mackie Producer 2-2 USB interface with an external power supply.
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?