Mackie Onyx Producer 2-2 USB Audio Interface

Mackie Onyx Producer 2-2 USB Audio Interface

With two Mackie Onyx mic preamps plus MIDI I/O, this 2x2 bus-powered USB interface is ready to capture your performance at up to 192 kHz/24-bit resolution.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted January 28, 2018 by a customer from gmail.com
"A Very Solid 2-2 USB Interface In A Crowded Field Of Choices"
I recieved my Onyx Producer as a gift. I also have an Audient iD14, so it's easy to do a side by side, A/B comparison between the two. 1st off...Hat's off to the build quality from Mackie, this interface is a top choice for mobile uses. The Mackie driver installs/works perfectly in every DAW I tried it with, basically every DAW. Really is built like a tank, knobs/pots are heavy duty and smooth. Not average anything will do, this unit uses premium parts. I would give this a 4 star if an Audient iD14 is a 5 star, preamp and headphone-wise. The MIDI i/o is the extra plus of the Producer 2-2. This unit made me a Mackie believer, it has out-performed interfaces twice the price of this one. Again, it's nice to have zero driver issues no matter what DAW I use in Windows. Headphone amp is above average, not equal to the iD14's though. Plenty of mic gain, I like them because they don't add anything to signal. An excellent mobile interface; it's solid plus reliable and surprisingly inexpensive.
13 of 13 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?