Mackie 802VLZ4 8-Channel Mixer

Mackie 802VLZ4 8-Channel Mixer

This compact 8-channel Mackie mixer fits on any desk -- and sounds great, with 3 Onyx mic preamps and instrument-level Hi-Z switches on the first 2 channels.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 13, 2013 by Victor Tarassov in Princeton, NJ
"Love the 802 VLZ4"
I have used other Mackie mixers but needed a small mixer for solo gigs and when my other brand died I decided to try the new 802VLZ4 Mackie mixer and I am so glad I did. The mic pres are amazing to my ears and others. I am using the mixer with a DPA 4099G Gutiar mic and RMC Pickups with a Poly Drive II preamp for the RMC then I run the pickups and blend with the DPA. Just warm tone. No bright high or mud. The mic pres are very clean and clear with detailed tone. Then I run the Aux send to a Lexicon MX 300 for nice touch of reverb. Nice easy set up for Flamenco Gutiar or Acoustic. I also use another guitar with the Fishman Blend system into a Rane AP 13 and split the mic and pickup. Sounds great through the Mackie 802VLZ. Nice mixer, I ordered the bag too. Thanks Mackie.
Pro Musician 35 years
Flamenco, Rock, Jazz, Latin, New Age, Classical
22 of 24 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?