LR Baggs Anthem Internal Tru-Mic Acoustic Guitar Pickup

LR Baggs Anthem Internal Tru-Mic Acoustic Guitar Pickup

Install the Anthem Tru-Mic in your acoustic. It eliminates the annoying honk and boxy tone of typical internal microphone pickups, while resisting feedback.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 6, 2014 by Dave Morgan in Pittsboro, IN
"Review of the Anthem pickup"
Finally, a pickup company got it right! This pickup, in conjunction with the Baggs Venue DI is really amazing. It is studio quality for the stage. No longer do acoustic guitarists have to have an acoustic guitar that sounds like you have your ear on the rim of the guitar, for sound reproduction. This mic and piezo combo system sound true to life as an acoustic guitar should sound. If you struggle with your acoustic stage tone, then the Anthem and the Venue combination are the answer to your acoustic stage woes!
Professional performer, teacher and recording artist.
Acoustic blues, jazz, folk and originals. Life long player, student and teacher of the acoustic guitar
23 of 23 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 28, 2019 by Jim Simpkins in Fuquay Varina, NC
"Great pickup!"
The sound that I get from my acoustic is amazing. Booming bass and mids, highs are very crisp. I'm very pleased with this pickup and would recommend it to anyone. Also, I'd recommend buying the twist on strap button that LR Baggs makes too.
30 years, guitar, worship band
Christian
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 15, 2019 by Travis G in Princeton, TX
"Great pickup"
I replaced the element pickup in my Gibson with this. It was an easy replacement since it already came with the element. It sounds so great plugged in through my fishman loudbox
20 years
Punk, metal, country, folk
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 15, 2018 by Daniel Krenn in Valrico, FL
"Dissapointed"
I bought this for an Epiphone Masterbuilt DR500-MCE because the original Esonic 2 system went out. The installation was pretty easy but I am not happy with the sound. The bass is very boomy on a full size dreadnought. No way to balance the bass with with treble. There are other complaints of the same online. May work well with a smaller body guitar but I do not recommend for a larger bodies guitar. Also I am very disappointing that this uses 2 sided sticky tape to attach all components to the guitar. 2 sided stick tape and wood does not go together very well. internal mic falls off after a while and seem to do so at the most inconvenient time rendering it useless unless you remove your strings and put more tape on it. You would think that a $300 pickup system would use a better adhesive or something. Summary: I regret spending $300 on this system. Should have went with a Fishman. More expensive does not always equate to better...
45 years experience playing Acoustic
2 of 6 people (33%) people found this review helpful. Did you?