Line 6 POD Go Guitar Effects Processor Pedalboard

Line 6 POD Go Guitar Effects Processor Pedalboard

Experience the POD! The Line 6 POD Go pedalboard makes plug-and-play operation so easy with a simple yet intuitive workflow and tons of Line 6 effects.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted May 15, 2020 by Jacob W in Redding, CA
"Helix Jr."
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
So I have just got done with a four hour sit down as of posting, and all I can say is; holy crap line 6 this is amazing.
The sound on the Pod Go is pretty much whatever you need it to be. It uses Amp, and cabinet models that the helix series uses as well as a wide variety of effects. The presets mind you for the most part are not a representation at all of what this unit can do. For the most of your preset tones you are going to do some adjusting to the gain, and the frequencies. I found most factory presetss to be lacking in mids, too much bass, or just a bit too much grit. Again with some minor tweaks it is solved in a few clicks. The biggest plus on sound is that in the preset menu there are two sets of sounds factory, and user. I am happy to say the User blocks are completely empty with 4 blocks within each. The only parameters you can not remove from your sound chain are the cab, amp, volume, and wah however I do not mind this as you can bypass any of these when forging a tone. Keep in mind you will be technically limited to choosing 4 pedals maximum. The Cab models are very well done, and with the huge variety as well as IR loader you can always get the amp sound you have in your head. When this unit is dialed in it is just right. Did I mention it is easy to dial in?
This unit has everything you need for re-amping guitars, recording and playing gigs. It does not have classic midi connections, and instead utilizes USB over midi if you are looking for that. It has everything a guitarist could use, but with the stereo outputs I could see keyboard players using it as well. My one gripe is the location as well as style of power switch. It is located in the back panel of the unit along the routing path for I/O's. I am being rather picky on that though however I feel that it should have been on the top left corner of the chassis to allow it to be turned on with the tip of the foot. Other then my own nitpick it has everything. Third Part IR loading, 4 blocks or "snapshots of your parameters, tap tempo/tuner, amp out,balanced/unbalanced l and r outputs, USB over midi for firmware updates as well as editing and daw integration. The expression pedal is a volume pedal with gain control, pan control, and stereo width. The wah pedal is just a wah and so far as I can tell there is no whammy effect on this.The expression also has a short throw, and is firm out of box, but an Allen wrench is provided to adjust it.Lots and lots of features, but these are what I really liked. This is definitely a stripped down helix thru and thru.
This is where you must be the judge. I spent about ten minutes total to figure out how to use this unit. The manual is well written (PDF only) and there is a cheat sheet provided in the box. While I found it to be intuitive to use I do not think beginners will have such a fair go. You have to have knowledge of routing the right cables, you would need to learn what re-amping is ( explained in manual, but may cause further confusion for the laymen) and you would need to understand what all the parameters and modes do as well. If your looking to learn that stuff however do not let it intimidate you. Again the manual is extremely well written , and does provide tips as well as breaking down what the different functions entail I.E Decay does X, a Yes cable is this. Good for the studious chap, a disaster for the timid beginner.
This product is very solid. The first thing I noticed is the heft. It is very portable, but I feel Pod Go is definitely the wrong name. It's got a plastic/metal mixed housing that feels solid as a rock; (Definitely do not give your significant other a reason to throw it at you). The expression pedal is adjustable which is nice because it came a bit tight for me. The toggles are extremely firm having the most satisfying click I have ever heard on a board. I can see this lasting me twenty years easy.
The Pod Go is an absolute steal at this point in time. It costs less then a wide array of other multiunits out there, and has more versatility then some of the other units in it's ballpark. I bought this with intentions to use it for five years, but the initial first impression and gut reaction tells me this will be a lifetime investment. If you have the money get the Helix, but if your thrifty buy this it is a brick house.
Have not needed help, but there site is very active with a huge community thanks to the abundance of Helix and Hd series users. I am sure the Pod Go community will explode as well as this unit is basically A baby Helix.
I am absolutely blown away. I had a falling out with the line 6 name after purchasing the Spider 4 150 he or whatever, but I am very happy I took a chance on line 6. Yamaha seems to be doing an excellent job as the owner of line 6.
13 years of guitar and percussion, and five years of home production
Multi-Genere
17 of 17 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 6, 2020 by Christopher McQuillan in Steelville, MO
"Wow."
This processor is fantastic. It's so much better than the Spider that I practice through and lighter than the Blackstar that I gig with. There's not really any tone that I can't find with this thing, and I've not had it long. I would have never used all of the capabilities of the Helix. I probably won't use everything that the PodGo has to offer but it's a blast messing around with it. Can't wait to gig with it.
I've been singing and playing guitar for 31 years. I'm a weekend warrior.
Rock/alternative/blues
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 1, 2020 by Mat G in Los Angeles, CA
"Surprisingly Great"
I was looking for an all in one small footprint solution for doing direct sessions mostly. I have used many similar modelers since the first POD, many Digitech Products, nice rack guitar pre’s from Mesa and Marshall,always upgrading since the Rockman in the 80’s - a long career of getting direct sounds. This is the apex of portability and flexibility with responsive and alluring sounds. The downside to the portability is perhaps the inability to easily insert anything you need instantly where you want it in a signal chain. It’s not super intuitive but there are work arounds for most of the very few shortcomings. It does have a loop and takes pedals from the front end well. It’s very well made. And the presets are a great place to start tweaking. This checks most of the boxes and excels in tone and feel. I’m loving it.
Full time pro 40+ years
Most styles
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 12, 2020 by Craig D in Marion, IL
"Fantastic!"
Took delivery at 9:00 am. Had 3 decent patches created by 1:00 pm. Used it live on stage that night. This is one of the most intuitive, user friendly & versatile products I've ever owned. Great job Line 6.
Playing music for 45 yrs, professionally for 30
70's, 80's, & 90's Rock cover band
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 21, 2020 by R L in SF Bay Area, CA
"Finally, a Helix for the Rest of Us"
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
See the long-winded, opinionated review below.
I’ve been around the block a few times with Line 6. My first introduction was the Spider 112, followed by (in no particular order), Flextone HD, Flextone IIIXL, Alchemist 112 (more Line 6 than Bogner), Verbzilla, DL4, POD xt Live, POD HD 500, and the cute as a bug Pocket POD (2 of them).So the “Line 6 Sound” is familiar to me. I’ve had a like/dislike relationship with most of the stuff I’ve had over the years, and I’ve enjoyed the amps more than the processors. In addition to the Line 6 stuff previously mentioned, I’ve had countless processors by BOSS (nearly all the floor-based stuff) and Digitech back in the dark ages. I’ve always used them for direct recording, but I could never get a truly satisfying guitar tone going direct with any of them. Close, but no cigar. Until now.The thing about modeling, and this is true of everything out there, including the $$$$$ top-of-the-line modelers, you really have no idea how accurate anything is. I’ve been in countless music shops in the last 40 years and I’ve never even stood next to a Dumble Overdrive Special, let alone played through one. If someone claimed to have created a perfect model of Jimmy Page’s Supro Coronado, would you know? I wouldn’t and I’m betting even James Patrick wouldn’t, either.So what you’re left with is whether or not the models sound good to you. To my ear and for what I bought it for, the POD Go sounds great. Not only that, but through a good pair of cans, the models feel good under the fingers.
When Line 6 released the first Helix, I knew it was going to be a big leap forward. Although I was interested, my option anxiety wouldn’t allow me to go there. For me, POD Go nudges right up against the line. Helix DNA, with no parallel signal routing and a maximum of four effects at a time keeps this on the sane end of the spectrum for me. Even so, there are a crazy number of effects and trying every possible combination would take years.There are 9 slots altogether, plus a mono/stereo effects loop. There will ALWAYS be a volume pedal, wah pedal, amp, cabinet and EQ in the chain. All of these can be turned on or off, and they can be placed anywhere in the chain. The one thing that wasn’t clear to me before I bought this was whether or not effects were restricted to one TYPE of effect per block. The answer is, you could have 4 different distortions, or flangers, or delays, or reverbs, or 4 of the same anything in your effect chain. There is a limit to the DSP, so you might hit the wall if you try to stack too many complex, processor-hungry delays/reverbs in a chain. But as you near the limit, POD Go will start to grey-out any effect that will exceed the limit.
Strictly speaking, this isn’t a multi-effects processor for beginners. But for anyone familiar with using effects, and multi-effects in particular, the learning curve is fairly gentle and the manual is mostly intelligible. For me, without POD Go Edit, I wouldn’t like this nearly as much. The machine is navigable from the controls on the unit, but with the software, editing is completely painless. IMO, POD Go Edit is essential for editing, firmware updates (gotta update right out of the box), and for downloading/sharing patches on the Line 6 CustomTone page. 23 pages of user-created patches, at last count.
The case is heavy-gauge steel, the treadle feels good under the foot, and the good-sized display is clear, bright and colorful. The 5 encoder knobs below the display feel a little flimsy, but every thing else is of very good quality.
For the quality and variety of tones this thing can produce, it’s worth every penny of the $449.99 I paid for it.
Everything I’ve ever owned by Line 6 has functioned flawlessly as long as I had it. I’ve never once spoken to them about anything. That's a ringing endorsement, if you ask me.
Retired recording and gigging musician
Old School hard rock, metal and progressive. Epic cinematic melodic rock.
4 of 5 people (80%) people found this review helpful. Did you?