Line 6 HX Effects Guitar Processor
SALE

Line 6 HX Effects Guitar Processor

Integrate 100+ effects from Line 6's Helix, M-Series and Stompbox Modeler pedals into your existing pedalboard and rig with the HX Effects guitar processor.

Overall:
4.5 out of 5 stars
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Submitted February 17, 2018 by Steven C in Greenwood, SC
"Wish this existed much sooner!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I've bought, traded, rented, and tested hundreds of pedals over the last few years. I just assumed that these multi effects units could not produce the same quality of sounds as a single pedal built specifically for the task. I bit the bullet here and went ahead and ordered one, and Im wildly happy that I did. The rig sounds absolutely amazing. I'm now able to get rid of my old style SKB box and lighten the load buy 25 some odd pounds. Within 30 minutes I had already recreated my board, and with the ability to run 9 effects in a patch, I actually got to add an always on drive! The tones are incredible, the quality of construction is very solid. I haven't even got to dig deep into it yet, but I'm more than satisfied already, anything else is just a plus. Do your back a favor. Go ahead and buy it. Amps tested through ML Signature Fender Hotrod Mess Lonestar Sounds killer on both!
Guitar and Pedal Steel studio player.
Country, Rock, Outlaw, Indie, Post-rock, Shoegaze
30 of 30 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 27, 2018 by Brian Musick in WICKENBURG, AZ
"Great if you have an amp that you love!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
The HX Effects is a absolutely great pedal. This device works best when you already have a tube amp that you love. I find the best sounds come from when you run the 4 cable method and arrange your reverbs, delays and EQ in the FX Loop. The only real bad part about this device is that it had made me want the full Helix pedal board even more.Buy the HX Effect if you have an amp you love playing through and you just want more out of it.
20+ years playing guitar. Audio engineer. Bedroom warrior
Metal
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 21, 2019 by a customer from hotmail.com in Bakersfield, CA
"Replaced most of my pedals"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
To be honest, I was a hesitant to purchase this effects processor. I have always used analog pedals. But I took a leap of faith and tried it out, after all If i didn’t like it I had 45 days to return. After trying it I was immediately blown away with this thing!! I fell IN LOVE with it! I loved how easy it was to change presets on the fly! It replaced all my drives, compressor, and modulation pedals! My only complaint with probably be the reverb. It’s not horrible but I think it could use some tweaking. It still beats most verbs on the market. Any way once I plug this thing in I never looked back. I highly recommend this!
Christian/ country/ gospel
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 19, 2021 by Allan B
"I keep going back to Line 6"
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
This is the third HX Effects I've purchased over the last 4 years. Why all the churn? Well the easy answer is I change my mind a lot lol. So after owning this 3 times I would have to say that most everything in my original review stands, but I've learned a few lessons along the way. Let's start off with things I still wish were different and how I worked through them.. First, the size. If you plan on integrating with existing pedals this takes up a ton of real estate on the board. After trying various shapes, sizes, and styles I found the Pedaltrain Novo series was the best for me. I use a Novo 18 and with the Pedaltrain Riser kit I am able to put this on the bottom row and have 3 other effects above it that I can easily reach and still have room for 4 other full size pedals and a couple micro pedals. Second, the PSU. I don't know what the @#)$ L6 was thinking when they spec'd out this transformer. The design is, well, stupid. The transformer is back in the box and I'm using a Truetone CS12 PSU that powers this and the rest of my pedalboard with MA to spare. Truetone and Strymon PSU are switching power supplies. Check out Vertex Effects on YouTube to learn all about powering the HXFX and Stomp with a pedalboard power supply. Lastly, the reverbs. They don't suck, but they don't sound great either. There's just something about them that I don't care for. They are too in your face vs how other big box reverb pedals sound full and ambient but leave room for your natural signal. I've found that setting the FX mix to max and pulling your reverbs down to a parallel path and using the Split A/B to mix them gives much better, more Strymon-ish results.
Overall the effects in this box are excellent and sounds very good. The 3.x update added the Poly Capo and a few other goodies that are top notch and fun to play around with. I'm still not a huge fan of digital drives regardless of the manufacturer, but that's the beauty of this thing. It plays well with others.
I complain about the size but to make it smaller would lose the scribble strips. I tried using the HX Stomp as effects only and grabbed a Morningstar MC6 to control it, but maybe because I'm old I just didn't like it as much. The MC6 is great but as a focal point it's hard to see and I'd lose track of where I was lol. The other thing I wish Line6 would do in general is a native mobile app and maybe Bluetooth in the future. The BT on the Boss GT1000 is great for on the fly tweaking at gigs etc.
The HX Edit is a great way to tweak tones and easily drag blocks around. Quick and dirty changes are pretty easy on the box as well. As always read the manual and if you are using it in 4CM make sure to adjust your effects loop levels to make sure you aren't clipping. Digital clipping will make everything sound terrible.
Built like a tank
Still very much worth the asking price!
I've owned a dozen or so Line6 products over the last 20 years and have yet to contact support directly. They have a great user forum and you will often see Eric Klein (Digital Igloo) the Chief Product Design Architect chiming in on threads a The Gear Page.
Having all the delays, verbs, modulation, and SFX you could ask for in a single box. What's not to like?
Playing over 40 years and still plunking around in bands
Rock, Prog, CCM

Submitted May 30, 2019 by ALLAN B in Tempe, AZ
"Great sounding box!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I really like this box and am very pleased with its performance. Can it replace your entire pedalboard? Absolutely! However, if you are like me you have some favorite pedals that you don't want to part with just yet. Knowing it plays well with your existing set up is a huge plus and make this an ideal multi FX for any pedalboard out there.
You can achieve just about any sound you could dream of with this box. The sheer number of effects is almost overwhelming, and most of them are useful. Don't overlook the "Legacy" section either. There's a lot of great tone buried behind some of the menus. There is a bit of a learning curve if you aren't familiar with FX modeling so not all of them are going to sound great without some minor tweaking. A separate EQ block helps brighten up the reverbs which can be a bit dark, and many of the drive pedals needed some darkening for my amp set up. It also sounds great with the pedals you already have. I put my drives in front of the HX, and you can place reverb and delay pedals in one of the HX loops, or even in the external signal chain going to the amps FX loop. There's a zillion ways to integrate this box into your existing set up.
I appreciate the routing capabilities inside and outside of the box. If you use HX Edit software, you can quickly drag FX anywhere in your chain to hear what sounds best to your ears. While it generally follows pedalboard logic from an effects order, definitely experiment!! Especially if you are using the 4-cable method. Things in the loop can sound much different than if they are in front. The 2 external loops are great but note that you will tie up one loop if you are using 4CM. Again, you can put your own pedals in front of it, in one of the loops, or anywhere in your chain.
I prefer to use the HX Edit software for major editing because I'm already familiar with it from my Helix. It's intuitive but do read the manual because there is a quirky process for copying and editing presets. It's also easy to edit on the board. Just touch the button of the stomp you want to edit and make your changes just like a real pedal.
This is a solidly built box and the software is also very stable. I've owned several Line 6 products going back 20 years and I've always been impressed with the quality of their gear.
For the price of 4 name brand pedals you get this box. 'Nuff said.........
As a testament to their quality, I've yet to ever contact Line 6 for support for any of my products. They have a nice website with tons of information and FAQs that should answer most questions people new to the product might have. There's also a free preset sharing page. Not as many HX FX available as other boxes, but that is likely to change soon!They are also really good at updating software and adding new features. At time of writing, 2.8 is coming and will offer new Snapshot functions, preset parity with other Helix models, and rumor has it there may be some new drive models included.
Just listen to it!
40+ years
Rock, Prog, Christian
3 of 4 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 28, 2019 by Robert damms in Hamilton, NJ
"Does not work with Marshall Jcm dsl"
Overall: 0.5 out of 5 stars
Bought this with high expectations! Out the box I thought it was going to be my holy grail. I thought this was going to end my days of lugging my monsterus pedal board to gigs. I thought this was going to end my pedal tap dancing days for effects and amp channel switching as advertised BUT WAS I WRONG!!!I have owned and still own several line 6 effects products over my 35 years as a musician. I have always thought highly of line 6 until now. Line 6 advertises the hx unit as it works with most popular amplifiers. It should be advertised as works with most amplifiers If you’re lucky! The unit functions as it should ALL except for one little important thing and that thing that it doesn’t do is the most important thing I bought the unit for. Channel switching my Marshall Jcm 2000 DSL and TSL ampsOOOOH it will switch the channel but with a HUGE unmistakable ANNOYING BUZZING NOISE that does not go away!!! It’s not a ground loop ... if that’s what you’re thinking as I have contacted Line 6 support with not much help or willing to admit it’s an issue.They told me this is the first time they have heard of this issue. I then provided them with several links not only from line 6 forums but all over google complaining of the exact same issue. After 3 different support conversations via email. Support told me I would need a special cable made with a resister built in and they would provide me with some cable companies in my area to contact for me to have a THIRD PARTY fix my issue. Of to which I’m still currently waiting for the cable making companies name they were supposed to provide! Yeah Thanks line 6!!! WOW!!! Line 6 “Really” the shuffle off to a third party company to fix my issue that I’m having with a line 6 product that cost me half a mortgage payment on my house. Shame on you line 6. You have received the last of my money you’ll ever receive from my pocket! As well as the last prop for any product you have!!! In the long run will my money and negative props affect your business...... maybe not... but being in the musical world and gigging I come across many a musician. And guess what bitter taste will be at the tip of my tongue...... The short of the long. Your support team sucks and are of no help. For a $600 unit it should do everything you advised it to do. Wether you like Marshall amplification or not it’s an industry standard. So next time line 6 says it works with the most popular amplifiers.... think again!!!! Say No on the Hx effects!!!!! I definitely would not recommend this product!!!! Nor line 6 for support. Line 6 took my money and ran. Next time you think of buying a line 6 product I suggest you do the same!!!!
Professional musician
If it sounds and feels good I’ll play it
4 of 28 people (14%) people found this review helpful. Did you?