Line 6 Helix LT Modeling Electric Guitar Processor
SPECIAL OFFER

Line 6 Helix LT Modeling Electric Guitar Processor

With a streamlined I/O complement and hardware configuration, the Helix LT guitar processor delivers the utmost in tonal freedom for any playing situation.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted February 1, 2018 by Allan B in Tempe, AZ
"Amazing product!"
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
Modeling technology is a blessing and a curse. Blessing - the convenience of having a semi truck full of gear in a floor board you can take anywhere and plug into anything is something I never dreamed of when I first started playing. Curse - modeling technology is an art in itself, and requires a healthy knowledge of EQ, signal chains, and other less often mentioned aspects that many of us older guitar players just aren't used to. Even if you have used a modeling amp like a Vypyr, Mustang, or Spider before, keep in mind that those units have a speaker built in so the sounds are for the most part already EQ’d for that full range guitar speaker. Here you have a blank canvas, so you may have to tailor your EQ and signal chain to fit whatever output device you are using. The best advice I can give anyone interested in this product is do your research! Decide what you area going to be playing the board through first. PA system, Headphones, Studio Monitors, Guitar Amp, FRFR etc Then join some forums, watch YouTube, and to understand how to create usable sounds for your particular set up. I’ve seen too many threads by people who are frustrated because they can’t get a good sound. Once they were steered in the right direction for their particular set up, the majority were quite pleased.
The sounds out of this box are second to none. Some of the best modeling tech I've ever used. It's the closest to a tube amp I've used. It responds well to pick dynamics and guitar volume control. Again learn about EQ'ing to your particular output device. You can literally dial in any sound you can think of. There are a couple hundred presets. Some can be used out of the box, others are solid foundations for building your own sound around a particular amp. The effects available are all usable and you can get very creative with where you place them in your chain to create totally unique sounds. Whether you are looking for high gain lead, chunky rhythm, or haunting ambient tones, take your time and you can create whatever tone you are looking for.
The input output options are more than enough for the average home or working guitarist. The USB is multi channel and is an amazing USB recording interface for your DAW. The ability to record a dry track along with your modeled sound at the same time is a great tool. Then you can go back and play that track back through the LT and tweak your sound real time to fit your mix. No more spending time getting your guitar sound the way you like it only to realize 2 days later than delay you used isn't quite what you want.
The onboard editing is intuitive and great for quick on the fly changes. The HX Edit computer software is very easy to use as well, and graphically similar to the onboard editor so you don't need to learn 2 tools to tweak your tones.
The unit is constructed very well. It's definitely road worthy, and it's not too bulky for your home studio set up either.
The LT is in line with the Headrush and the new Boss GT-1000. It's not inexpensive, but you are getting ALL the sounds of the full Helix. I think it's a good value.
I haven't needed to contact Line 6 for any of my products so I can't really comment. I can say that the Line 6 forums on their website are a great resource for tips and tricks, and links to tutorials all over the web. There's also a user sound library where you can download and try out patches the community has created. A great place to get a starting point for a particular artists sound. Line 6 also has been updating the unit regularly, often adding more features and amps with updates. The 2.5 update is coming soon, and will be bringing a ton of new and legacy Line 6 effects to the box. I can't wait for that one!!
I am very impressed with the sounds I can get. But again, it may require some work on your end to get the sound you want out of the speakers you are playing through. Overall I am very very happy.
Playing for over 40 years
Rock
16 of 16 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 20, 2017 by Steven Menezes in Atwater, CA
"Excellent processor"
I have owned a pod hd500x, x3live, and an atomic amplifire. I have also owned many great tube amps from Mesa, Orange, Marshall, Hiwatt, Vox, and Rivera. In my search for tone I found great sounds out of all of those amps but nothing that I could stick with as my styles of music changed. The Pods gave me the flexibility but I could never get a great tone. The Amplifire gave me the tones but lacked the effects and had a slightly annoying digital artifact that I could hear as notes decayed. At first when I got the Helix I was ready to send it back after an hour. After taking some time digging into the adjustments and watching some youtube videos. I started to get some great tones out of and now that I have a better understanding of the workflow I can have a great tone for any style in minutes when I used to spend hours dialing in the hd500. The icing on the cake was learning the snapshot function. I have snapshots for each song on my bands set list and it has made the pedal dance obsolete.
15 years, regular gigging for the last 4
Modern hard rock
21 of 21 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 5, 2018 by a customer from gmail.com
"Outstanding!"
Thank you zZounds for shipping this out so quickly! I previously had mixed experiences with Line 6 devices. The XT stuff sounded great, but was hard to program. The HD and X stuff was hard to program and it was hard to get it to sound good. All of that is alleviated with this Helix! I compared this to the Kemper profiler and ultimately Line 6 won! The Kemper does a few things extremely well, but it does not come close to the wide range of outstanding sounds, effects, and ease of use of the Helix. The Helix is a modeler, the Kemper is a profiler. The Kemper is a set and go device. The Helix offers that plus a whole lot more. The Helix models amplifiers down to the component level, whereas the Kemper just profiles the frequency response of known amplifiers. I am having so much fun and sound incredible.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 19, 2020 by Jim S in Fuquay Varina, NC
"Helix LT is AMAZING!!!!!"
The sound this thing produces makes this worth every penny. Unmatched tone. It takes some patience learning how to utilize features but it’s not difficult. Absolutely the best money I’ve spent on gear. Love it. Not what I’d call easy but it isn’t hard to learn and I haven’t had to call support. There is plenty of videos on YouTube and on Line 6’s website.
Church worship band
Christian
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 7, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Heliboy"
I love it the delay effects are sweet

Submitted July 5, 2017 by Derrick Davidson in Nevada, TX
"Worst sounding amps ive ever heard by line 6"
I have active and passive pickups but mainly active. I was looking forward to the helix panama amp sim. I tried and tried to get a good sound with line 6 cabs and ir's. Nothing sounding good. Switching pad on ir off didn't do anything, maybe I got a messed up unit or they all suck. The effect and organizing of everything is awesome but the amp tones are horrible to me. People say mess with the global eq or put and eq before and after the amp which sounds like a lot of work to get a good sound. I want to get a good sound with the amp and overdrive and go from there. After hrs of wasted time the panama still sounded glassy and fizzy. Tried my horzo. Devices precision drive and even sounded worse so it doesn't work well with other pedals. Stick with hd, pods or firehawk for line 6 and use ir's with those with a laptop or pc. Or go with headrush, kemper or fractal audio.!
Few hrs here and ther
United States
5 of 46 people (11%) people found this review helpful. Did you?