When you call, mention priority code 20B-CJFS

Rating and Reviews: Lexicon Lambda USB Interface

Start recording with this USB interface! You get 2 mic pres with inserts, a 1/4" guitar input and MIDI I/O, plus Cubase LE and the Pantheon reverb plug-in.

"Very good product, excellent value" submitted June 26, 2007

By a customer from optusnet.com.au
Musical Background: Serious Hobbyst
Music Style: Rock, Acoustic
Sound: I had it for a bit over a month. The sound is very good. I use the Behringer C-2 and C-3 microphones. From a home recording perspective I really can't find any fault in it. Feature: It has everything you need for home recording. I record guitar in stereo or voice in mono and connect my multi effects to it via midi. I can't think of any additional feature I would need. Ease of Use: Very easy and intuitive. Quality: So far it's probably one of the best quality piece of hardware of this complexity I had. It works fine from a usb hub or any of my laptop's built in ports. Not the case with lots of other gadgets. It's much smaller than it looks in the picture and has a very solid construction. Value: I paid $US150 for it and would probably value it around $US300-400. Manufacturer Support: Actually with this product it's the first time I got useful information from customer support. I wasn't getting a signal strong enough with the Behringer C-3 microphone for instruments and they explained that I need a lower impedance mic that's closer to the Lambda's. They replied within 24 hours. The Behringer C-2, which has lower impedance, solved this problem. The Wow Factor: It looks good, useful and does the job perfectly well. Overall: This is the perfect interface for home recording. I tried lots of other products and returned them all. There is a huge difference in the quality of the Lambda and other non top range interfaces. I would definitely recommend it.
54 of 56 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

""ALL IN ONE MINI STUDIO"" submitted February 28, 2007

Musical Background: Hiphop R&B House
Music Style: DJ
Sound: This is a great sounding interface i used it to record from my mixer and 1200 turntables into an nuendo program. I have no latency problems even if i did the direct monitoring feature of the lamda fixes that problem by its self. The mixdowns are always crystal clear and CD quality. It also sounds excellent with any condenser mic you throw at it so if your a vocalist you'll be pleased with it. Feature: It has everything i need if you need more inputs you should check out the omega. Ease of Use: User intuitive features with a small learning curve even a child can pick this up in ten minutes. The instruction manual is very easy to understand if you need a quick reference or to troubleshoot. Quality: Its made of plastic but sturdy its a little tricky trying to fit it in a laptop bag though. Value: It feels like you just stole it. I would pay 3 times as much if i did'nt know any better. Manufacturer Support: The best support is not having to call for support. The Wow Factor: It looks good and compact enough to travel with small and sexy... yeah i said it sexy! Overall: I would recommend this to anybody from hiphop to rock, pop whatever you do it well make it sound studio quality.
19 of 21 people (90.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great package - out of the box to great recordings without much of a learning curve." submitted December 5, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: live pro sound + hobbyist recording.
Music Style: Indian
Sound: My experience to date has been on the Midi-1010. Comparatively, the sound is very clean and I am impressed at how well it can bring out the natural differences between the various mics I have tried on it. IF YOU ARE HEARING CRACLKING SOUNDS: Make sure you turn off all unecessary background tasks on your computer. I had this problem until I turned off my wireless manager, virus checker, and firewall related items. Once I did this, i was surpirsed at the low latency and how I could dial in changes on effects and sends - almost as it it were an analog device. I suppose getting the full version of Cubase may also improve the real time feel. Feature: For the price, the package is pretty swell. The Pantheon effects is defintely a huge plus. It lets you make great sounding recordings with just what is in the kit + a decent mic. Ease of Use: I had never used cubase and I had to record something with a group of 10 people within 2 days of getting the unit. There was no time for me to figure out how to use the thing and I ended up learning it during the take. It was surprisingly easy for me to pick up and go. Quality: I wish there was some sort of case for this. I don't feel very comfortable just putting it in my laptop bag. Value: I would probably pay upto $350 for this if I didn't know its price. I got it for $170 since my local store only had an open item. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use it yet. Overall: The earlier mentions about palyback latency is the major gripe. I just have to adjust the tracks in time as part of post production. You end up doing a lot of it anyway since singers may not line up with each other when they sing.

Lexicon Lambda USB Interface Customer Review submitted August 2, 2007

Music Style: Alternative Country
Sound: The main problem with the sound is that there is no wall wart, so it's incapable of supplying phantom power for my two favorite condenser mikes on USB-spec power and the result is that I have to plug my second mike into my dying old mixer, which I'd hoped to retire. Otherwise I can't get good volume. Some laptops will overdrive their USB ports with more power than spec, my Macbook won't. This guy really needs its own power supply. I'm going to go search for a "Y" USB cord that'll supply 5v power via a wall wart to the USB and see if that helps. Feature: Other than the lack of sufficient juice for powering condenser mikes, this thing has all the features I need in a low/mid range recording device. Ease of Use: I use Garageband, not the included Cubase. Beware of upgrading Cubase, the maker of Cubase stripped out the mp3 export feature from the latest update to the "bundled" Cubase. _!_ them. Anyhow, it was literally plug it in, go to sound preferences, select the Lexicon as input/output device, and that was it. To be fair, the ease of use here is probably because I'm using a Mac. Oh, the controls are pretty easy to use and the supply of ports is outstanding for a product in this price range, and their location is mostly rational (e.g. the banana plugs at top and the XLR's lower down since the XLR's are bulky). Quality: It's a cheap device and looks it, as well as sounds like it (if you try to power two condenser mikes from the thing on spec USB power). You get what you pay for. If you want better quality, pay more dough. Value: Good value for the money. Its competition doesn't have the range of ports and controls that this guy does. The only problem in the value calculation is that it pulls more power than the USB standard if you're trying to drive two condenser mikes, and some laptops like my Macbook won't do that. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used their support. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal... uhm, no. It looks like a perfect match to my Behringer mixer -- i.e., cheap junk that does the job (barely). If I had to do it over again, I'd pay more money for better quality,

"Serious sound deficiencies" submitted February 6, 2008

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: Sound man
Music Style: Speech recordings
Sound: Does not have sufficient phantom power to run 2 condenser mics, yet if you try to run dynamic mics you will hardly be able to hear them at full volume. Even with condenser mics using a separate power source, the volume has to be turned almost all the way up. There is a constant whine on track 1, but not on track two. About 30-45 minutes into a recording the volume on track 1 will start fading and going in and out. I've tried several different mics and the result is the same. Ease of Use: Everything is laid out in a user friendly way. Quality: See above comment on Sound Value: For what I am doing the product in it's current condition is worthless to me. I will most likely end up buying something with better quality and it's own power supply. Manufacturer Support: Have not had time to contact yet. Not looking forward to it either. Overall: See Above

"good audio interface" submitted August 26, 2006

Musical Background: producer? engineer
Music Style: rap hip hop
Sound: it sounds exellent for the price Feature: had everything you need 2 mic 2 line Ease of Use: really easy to get up and going Quality: it seems to be made well its great for home use and would be fine to take on the road Value: worth every penny Manufacturer Support: i dont know yet The Wow Factor: it looks alright

"It's almost very nice." submitted December 24, 2010

Overall
Sound: The sound is, well, okay at best. Like others have said, the Lexicon cannot supply phantom power to two condenser mics, which is a shame. When I plugged my guitar into it, I barely got anything out of it. The wavelengths were tiny. Then I tried routing it through my amp, and it was slightly louder, but way, way too gainy. Feature: Free audio recording software. Couldn't go wrong with it, except I already have decent software. Ease of Use: All the dials and inputs are arranged nicely. Quality: It's cheap. It feels cheap. Don't drop it. Like, it looks really cheap. For 139$ I expected better, I have to say. Value: I don't think it's worth this much money for what you actually get. Manufacturer Support: Can't say, I haven't had to call support yet. The Wow Factor: Looks cheap, but is small and slim and could be carried around with you, so that's something. Overall: Uhm. If I could find better recording equipment, I'd use that. This isn't that great, but it's cheap and it gets the job done.

"A prima-donna. It works when it feels like it." submitted October 9, 2009

Overall
Sound: This product has always been "picky", "wonky" and any other adjective to describe a unit that works only when it feels like it. As a MIDI interface it works reasonably well. As for Audio... I never know if it will play back, give me a whining static sound or not play back at all. I sure wish I could exchange this for something that was dependable. Because of the frustration of an unreliable interface, I sometimes feel like giving up recording. Quality: Reliability? None. Value: It is not worth the price. Overall: If I found a product I could rely on, I'd get it tomorrow.

"Good for a couple years" submitted August 19, 2009

Overall
Sound: Sound is about as good as any... Ease of Use: Pretty easy to use right away Quality: No longevity. My friend and I have the Lexicon, but both of ours crapped out after a couple years of use.

"ITS SO SO NOT WORTH THE PRICE $150 I WOULD SAY $50" submitted August 2, 2009

Sound: ITS SO SO GAVE ME PROBLEMS HAD TO KEEP HITTING THE DEVICE BUTTON TO GET THE SOUND TO PLAY KIND OF AN HEADACHE WE U READY TO RECORD GOTTA KEEP OPENIN UP DEVICE AND SETUP ...BUT ME I WASNT TOO HAPPY WITH IT!!! TOO MUCH PROBLEMS Value: SO SO

Lexicon Lambda USB Interface Customer Review submitted September 13, 2008

Musical Background: Active musician/Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock/Metal,New Age
Sound: Cuts out periodically, clicks, stuff like that. LATENCY issues! Lots of them. Cannot play live and cannot monitor through computer. Serious latency. I have no problems with going through built in audio on my mac with latency. Feature: HAd everything I was initially looking for. Ease of Use: Seemed easy, no drivers needed, however, lots of fidddling in preferences to pick the right inputs and outputs. WOULD NOT WORK WITH GUITAR RIG 3. I don't know why. Would not let me select any inputs. Quality: Plastic. Nice, but don't drop it. Value: This would be higher if I could figure out how to work with this with guitar rig 3 alone or with garageband.

"Overview of a great basic desktop recoarding studio" submitted April 3, 2008

Musical Background: Pro Audio installer
Music Style: ALL MUSIC!
Sound: I have used the lambda and the omega. The mic pre amps did not create any noise for my recoardings, I have also used the omega which is ac powerd and this is much better than the lambda for powering 2 condenser mics. I also believe the omega uses pro DBX low noise mic pre amps which are flippin awsome. Feature: Good features for basic usasge. I enjoy using cubase le as is very simple to use but has everything you need if you start digging deep within the software. it i handy especially for the midi inputs. Also allows you to use inserts which could be great for certian applications. Ease of Use: Very very simple to use. Have had no problems with help that i needed as well. Its bascally just plug and play! Quality: Seems like a good product. Its made by one of the biggest reverb companies in the world and has lots of support from the harmon pro group who have heaps ov experiance in the music industry. Value: This is perfect for what you need it for. Some people have said that it doesnt run two condenser mics on phantom power very well, buy the next model up would be common sense(or use a frigin desk). If your buyig it to use for mics its perfect, Midi-Perfect. Great value for what you pay. Manufacturer Support: Its made by one of the biggest reverb companies in the world and has lots of support from the harmon pro group who have heaps ov experiance in the music industry. i havnt used support for the desktop recording studois but have for other lexicon units and have had no problems. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal....Well it looks pretty nice sitting here on my desk. Very basic system and kinda looks it to. Overall: If this got stolen then i would go buy two so if it got stolen again i would have another one there. Sooo cheap for what you get is worth every dollar! It comes with cubase!!!!! its a barain. If i need something better i would definately purchase the omega...Already thinking of getting it.

"Good looking interface but I got a lemon!" submitted November 18, 2006

Overall
Sound: I got a bad product and had to send it back for repairs. The recording quality was poor as it had a crackling background noise on all tracks/instruments. Also the non-zero latency made using effects difficult. Feature: Best feature is the ease of use and multiple inputs incl. Midi. The worst feature is the playback latency. Ease of Use: Very easy to use but manual a bit brief. Quality: Looks great! Value: Good value. Manufacturer Support: I needed to return the unit for repairs due to a noise problem. It was covered under warranty though although the repairer was 300km away! The Wow Factor: Looks sexy. Overall: Already searching but will give the repaired Lambda another go.

When you call, mention priority code 20B-CJFS. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449