When you call, mention priority code 20G-2VMQ

Rating and Reviews: Kramer 84 Baretta Guitar

Take your shredding higher with a Kramer 84 Baretta. A modern classic, the Baretta includes a Seymour Duncan humbucker and a Floyd Rose tremolo system.

"Better Than Expected" submitted February 1, 2013

By B F
Overall
Overall: I have several 80s-era Kramers and checked out this '84 model. It is far better than one of the other Kramer models I bought last year. better quality and better sound. nice feel to the neck. very good sound if you are into 80s high gain rock. the push=pull pot wired for parallel in a nice option when you dial it down a bit you can get some nice PAF-ish tones, making the guitar more versatile than it looks. prior to buying, I did call Gibson (who owns the Kramer name) and they were quite thorough in answering my questions. much better than some. the guitar feels solid and I have no reason to worry about the quality. there are a lot of guitars out there priced for entry-level, but this is built much better than the price would suggest, especially considering that a new Kramer guitar similar to this in the 80s was going for over a thousand in 80s dollars. if there were any suggestions I could make to Gibson it would be to offer more colors, drop the cheesy bullseye graphics, and offer a case with the Kramer line of guitars. for anyone looking for an 80s-themed hot rod that really delivers, it's hard to go wrong especailly for this price.

"Good value for the money." submitted April 9, 2015

By Rick P in Los Angeles, CA
Musical Background: Professional bassist and guitarist
Music Style: All.
Overall: I wanted to make a 5150 replica and this was the best option for getting most of what I needed in a single purchase. The workmanship is similar to what you find in most Korean guitars or output from Fender's Ensenada facility. The I had to dress and polish the frets but most players would be satisfied with what came out of the box. The JB sounds close enough to the Custom Custom that Eddie used during the mid-80's and the ability to tap the coil was a bonus. When I sanded the body down, I was pleased to find solid wood instead of a plywood laminate that I expected. The neck profile feels like the Kramers I owned back in the day and real Floyd (another surprise, I had expected the licensed version) works as it should. The headstock looks oversized with the black paint and gold logo but when I got done with the red & white stripes it looks correct. All in all I am very happy with the purchase.

"84 Baretta Bliss !!!" submitted May 11, 2012

By Erick Heft in Decatur, IL
Musical Background: 25+ of Jammin
Music Style: Anything that Sounds Good.
Overall: This is an 80's "Shred" Tricked Out Pony !!! Killer Tone & Scream , Attention to Quality and Detail are Top Notch. I Expected a Good Guitar , But this thing Exceeded all of my Expectations !!! The Coil Tapping adds allot of extra Tonal versatility to this guitar allowing me to play and explore other types of music other than what you would expect from this Beast. "Irons Up"

"Total Badass Guitar" submitted June 22, 2012

By ruben trevino in katy, TX
Musical Background: play professionally
Music Style: rock, classic rock, pop, blues, country rock
Overall: Bought me a "the 84" black with red bullseye. In a word the guitar is a total badass! Maple is without doubt the king of tone hands down. Fabulous resonance and articulation along with a great neck, pickup and coil tap. Excellent price point makes affording all 3 "84" models a snap! I give it the Olympic Gold Medal! Kudos to Kramer and Gibson for keeping it real!
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"1984 reissue" submitted December 8, 2015

By Ernest K in Riverside, CA
Musical Background: Jam at home and parties
Music Style: Metal, classic rock, classical
Overall: Picked one up for a real good price $550.Solid maple gives a great tone. I'm not crazy about the thickness of the neck. Looks like they used a Less Paul 50's neck profile. Im a product of the 80's metal scene, so I couldn't pass on this being I don't have an original Kramer. I gave this thing a total workout. The Floyd comes back to "zero" after dive bombing, and pulling up 2 whole steps. Real happy about that, Even my Jackson SL1 doesn't do that perfectly. I have the black/red bullseye. Overall it plays great, and looks stellar. I love working on guitars, so I will be sanding down the neck to thin it out 1/8".

"Nice Guitar" submitted May 12, 2012

By Troy H in Sacramento, CA
Musical Background: Home Musician
Music Style: Anything that sounds original and structured nice
Overall: This guitar setup nicely and looks great. It has a nice chunky neck and feels great. The paint job, Jb duncan and floyde are very nice. I like how you can adjust the truss at the heal without having to take the guitar apart whatsoever. It has great fret access at the heel. Solid great playing and sounding instrument. I am very happy.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Took a chance and no regrets." submitted March 14, 2017

By James Dunham in Colcord, OK
Musical Background: Professional Player
Music Style: Hard Rock
Overall: As a fan of 80s style guitars I was drawn to this one based on the reviews at the different music sites. Took a chance and purchased it from zZounds. Right out of the box, it was set up perfectly. I had to take a few minutes and loosen the springs as I tune half a step lower than standard. The neck is wider than many of other guitars I have in this style and I must say I like everything about it. The Floyd Rose stays perfectly in tune. I enjoy the JB pickup as well 5 stars all around for this guitar! It's my new #1

"Good Guitar. new ownership take on Ed's workhorse." submitted April 3, 2013

By Bill F in Bedford, TX
Overall
Musical Background: been playing guitar since 1985.
Music Style: rock, 80s rock, early 90s rock, pop metal, hair rock, hair metal, heavy rock, pop rock, etc.
Overall: first and foremost, dealing with zZounds has been a pleasure on this guitar. I've been buying Kramers since Kramer was Kramer, and before Gibson bought the name. owning or having owned nine real Kramers prior to Gibson, I think I can speak with a little bit of knowledge on the brand. while there was never an '84 model put out by Kramer, this is obviously Gibson's attempt to give a nod toward the guitar that Eddie was playing in the mid-80s. so no, this is not a classic Kramer Baretta. however... it feels great and plays great. it's nice it comes with a genuine Floyd Rose, as some of the Gibson versions of Kramers that are advertised with a Floyd are just a licensed version. and this is the Korean-made 1000 series Floyd, which meets the same standards as the German. so that's nice. the collar around the arm might need a little teflon tape if you like it to stay still, but that's fairly common these days. it also comes with a real Duncan JB, which was fairly stock on most real Kramers back in the day. the JB sounds great in this guitar. when jamming along to your typical 80s rock, it fits right in the pocket. it's advertised as a maple body, but I can't tell for certain what quality or grade, due to the paint. I know it is lighter than some of the solid maple ESPs I have. the maple neck is nice. a bit beefier than the classic Kramer profile, but far from being a chunky monkey. the droopy banana head isn't nearly as severe looking in person as it appears in photos. they do use a push/pull pot to put the pickup into parallel mode, which is nice for cleaner parts or to use when the volume control to get a bit more of a classic or even 70s rock sound without having to tweak the amp. Gibson puts a treble bleed modification in there, but I took it out since it wasn't something Kramer did and not applicable to my playing style. the body is comfortable and feels well-balanced for your typical shred stick. it doesn't have the Schaller strap locks that the classic Kramers had, but it's not like it's a big deal to swap them out. the setup out of the box was pretty much nailed. that action was great, the truss only needed a slight tweak and there was only one string that needed an intonation adjustment. sadly, there was a crack in the wood under the bridge. it ran from the trem post hole back to the trem cavity. there was also glue in the trem post hole, which indicated it was seen at the factory and still shipped. I called right away and it was obvious that Gibson's warranty process was going to be a huge hassle. but zZounds was totally hassle-free and a pleasure to work with on that process. real class act.

"Solid guitar" submitted March 1, 2017

By David R in Westborough, MA
Musical Background: hobbiest
Music Style: 60s to current Rock, 80s metal
Overall: I didn't buy it here. I would have if the color was available. I had to buy mine used in White. This guitar plays and feels fantastic. As for the sound, I like it for tones I cannot get with Charvels/EVHs. If I had to buy a Charvel San Dimas or this, I would buy the Charvel. However, no complaints and a good value.

"A Lot Of Guitar For The Money!" submitted March 8, 2018

By Martin S in Lake Oswego, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing over 40 years. Play guitar primarily. I play professionaly.
Music Style: 70’s and 80’s hard rock and heavy metal.
Sound: Sound quality not as bright as I thought maple would be. Very responsive to your picking style...if you aren’t a clean picker it will out you lol This guitar works very well for my musical style as I play in ‘70’s and ‘80’s hard rock and heavy metal bands. It has a nice clean sound and a grinding overdrive tone although I have to turn up the Presence knob on my Splawn to get the tone I want. The best way to make it sound better is to get a good set-up that includes a fret level and dress...you won’t regret it. Feature: Nice Floyd Rose. Push-pull non for single coil options. Easy truss rod adjustment. Feels well made and sturdy although a bit heavier than expected. These are all nice features. Also my first maple guitar and I likey! Ease of Use: Pretty easy to get my tone with a little amp tweaking.Have to get used to theneck profile although not really that big a deal. Very playable guitar although a bit on the heavy side. Quality: Feels very well made, especially compared to the MusicYo Kramer’s that we’re made in the past. Not sure about reliability as I just got it. I’m not worried about it though. I feel like this guitar will hold up well against gigging and time. It’s a keeper! Value: Absolutely worth the price I paid. As I said it’s a lot of guitar for the money. Even better made than I expected. Manufacturer Support: I’ve had no contact with the manufacturer. The Wow Factor: I think the guitar and paint job looks awesome. It’s Zakk Wylde meets Eddie Ojeda from Twisted Sister in the best possible way! Overall: Finally received my ‘84 Bullseye in the red & black. Was missing for a bit after Fed-Ex did their usual delivery to the wrong house thing. zZounds assured me that they would get it handled and luckily it showed up later in the day. What a relief. Sooo...upon opening the box my first impression was of the Bullseye paint job. I personally like it very much as it’s my favorite color combination. After picking it up I realized that this was a substantial, heavy guitar for a shredder which kind of surprised me. There are no cracks in the neck pocket or anywhere else which can happen to bolt on necks in a guitar like this. The neck profile while slightly chunky was still very flat and fast to play. Takes a little getting used to compared to my Charvel USA San Dimas or Gibson Les Paul Standard with the ‘60’s neck profile. But not a problem...it’s just a little different. The set up it arrived with was ok but not completely to my liking. Not a biggie since I have all of my guitars set up, intonated with a fret level and dress. The JB humbucker does its job well and the original Korean made Floyd Rose is a nice touch that works as well as the German made one I have. The coil tap is a nice option to get some spanky single coil tones and the headstock...that alone is worth the price of admission to an ‘80’s metalhead like me lol I dinged it a rating star for features (only 1 pickup), manufacturer support (I’ve never used them) and sound (until I get it dialed in I won’t know if I love the sound of it). As of now I like it but will know more after set-up. My final review opinion? All in all the Kramer ‘84 Bullseye is a solidly built guitar with a lot of great features that combine to make it a terrific value for the money. I’m very satisfied and happy I bought it. And zZounds rocks! Two devil horns up for the guitar and zZounds!

"Huge Bang For Your Bucks!" submitted March 19, 2018

By Martin S in Lake Oswego , OR
Overall
Musical Background: 30 year gigging musician. Guitar, bass and drum player.
Music Style: Hard rock and heavy metal,
Overall: Have spent about 2 weeks with my ‘84 Bullseye so I could give an objective review. This is the 15th guitar in my collection of both USA and overseas made axes. Played it through a Marshall DSL half stack, Mesa Mark 5 combo and a Splawn Street Rod combo. Here we go! The Pros: 1. Out of the box I loved the color and finish. Might not be for everyone but if love the red and black color combination and bullseye graphic. The finish is good quality. The neck joint is nice and tight. No finish or quality issues that I can spot. 2. The headstock alone is worth the price of admission for me. The banana shape is not for everyone but it screams ‘80’s and Van Halen to me so I totally dig it. 3. The neck is beefier than I expected. Not a bad neck just different than when I play my Charvel USA San Dimas. It’s a little wide but flat. Once I got used to it was very comfortable. It has a sligh varnish finish but is still fast and easy to move around on with no sticking. 4. Original Floyd Rose. Seymour Duncan JB with push-pull coil tapping for single coil sounds. Easy truss rod adjustment. All great features. 5. Maple body sounds good. Took a little amp tweaking to get the tone I wanted but I make those adjustments with any guitar I play. The Cons: 1: It’s surprisingly heavy for a super strat type guitar. Not Les Paul heavy but still weighty. 2. Needs a good set up. Wasn’t intonated well and there was a little string buzz. Not a deal breaker though since I have all of my guitars professionally set up. 3. Should have come with a gig bag. A lot of guitars at this price point do. That’s it. The pros far outweigh the cons. Once I get this guitar setup it will go into my regular gig rotation. I can’t wait to play it live. If you want a ton of value for your hard earned cash this is a great choice. Go ahead and get one...you won’t be disappointed!

When you call, mention priority code 20G-2VMQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST