When you call, mention priority code 20C-BK8T

Rating and Reviews: KRK RP5G2 Rokit G2

Trust in monitors that deliver a clean, flat sound. The RP5G2 Rokit G2s from KRK feature a speaker voicing that has an extremely accurate frequency response.

Overall

"AMAZINGLY GOOD MONITORS - BUT ACOUSTICALLY TREAT AND TUNE YOUR ROOM!" submitted August 2, 2010

By a customer from bayprop.net
Musical Background: 40 years playing and recording
Music Style: Modern Hard Rock /R&B/Gospel/Jazz/World
Sound: Spectacularly even, balanced sound. The mids and highs are smooth and clear, and the bass is fat and punchy - in fact, the bass specs on these 5" speakers are only slightly less than the specs on KRK's 8" speakers, so little is lost. The only slight downside is they don't put out much at 12kHz and above, so they probably shouldn't be used to fine to the upper top end "air" in your mix, but who cares. After everything's compressed and down sampled, the air gets all squeezed out anyway! The objective of monitors is to provide a complete yet neutral representation of your music, which I believe these monitors do. These are small speakers and are best suited for near field use, so I have them situated less than 3' apart. The speakers must be placed at ear level, and they must be placed in the right position in your mixing room. Also, you really have to acoustically treat your mixing room in order to obtain accurate sound from any monitors, regardless of price. I installed a handful GIK bass trap panels at various places in my small office/studio and now these small, inexpensive monitors sound damn close to perfect at the listening position. I'm sure that Genelecs probably sound slightly better for 5 or 10 times more money. Feature: Who needs features on monitors? You shouldn't be messing with features. You should use small near field monitors to give you a more or less accurate representation of what you're doing. I don't use any features. Ease of Use: Simple. Quality: I've only owned them for 2 months but they seem well built and solid. Value: Unbelievably good value. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with KRK, so I can't comment. Overall: I am very happy with these. I'd buy them again. But the huge improvement in playback sound came after I positioned the monitors correctly in my studio, added bass traps, and EQ notched the one remaining room boom frequency. Now the monitor sound is as close to perfect as I can reasonably expect.
31 of 32 people (96.88%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Second set of monitors" submitted January 26, 2012

By Dennis McGowen
Musical Background: DJ/Producer
Music Style: EDM, Electronica
Sound: These reproduce sound very, very well. I am no sound engineer but I know good speakers when I hear them and these are not just good they are really good! Feature: I love the adjustability and even if you have bad acoustics where you do your thing these still do a great job. Ease of Use: Very easy to use just plug em in! Quality: Very high quality and heavy Value: Worth every penny Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it but my buddy did for his bass module and they were waaay helpful and got it figured out in 10 mins The Wow Factor: They have pretty lights the light up when you plug them in! Overall: Good monitors

"Don't think twice about buying these! just get them!" submitted January 13, 2009

Music Style: metal, symphonic, classical
Sound: im very impressed! the sound these small speakers produce is amazing, sounds much 'bigger' than they physically are, nice punchy bass (great for metal) very crisp, no annoying resonance, mids are very clear and precise, high end is nice and bright, but not to the point where it's harsh, over all sound is brilliant. Feature: Digital input would be nice, but really its no problem, im going straight from my PC to the monitors using XLR inputs, at the end of the day, they do what you want them to do, they produce crystal clean sound! Ease of Use: very ease to setup, functions arent difficult, a beginner wouldn't struggle to get a nice sound from these, just as long as they' sensible with the low/high frequency settings. Quality: aesthetically i think they look great, i didn't much the first time i saw them, but they've grown on me, you can tell they're built to LAST, very tough/sturdy box, good weight Value: they cost a little more in Australia (I'm Australian) opposed to most places around the world ($400) so for a pair ($800) but even still, they're definitely worth every cent, im not even going to say "for the price" because it has nothing to do with it, these KRK RP5's are very good monitors, yes great value Manufacturer Support: well, i havent had to deal with 'KRK' The Wow Factor: hehe the sound quality is to good to resist Overall: i honestly dont think ill ever need another set of studio monitors, im recording in my room, they suit the room very well, i wouldnt want any bigger, these babies really crank, without losing clarity, they're really quite amazing, you will not be disappointed 10/10
47 of 51 people (92.16%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"popular monitor for a reason" submitted July 28, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: active musician and home studio production
Music Style: indie rock
Sound: i work with a variety of music going from hip hop to indie rock. i've read a lot of reviews saying the bass response is poor on these monitors. well i disagree, as far as a 5 inch cone can go these are fantastic monitors. as with all equipment everything has its unique strengths and weaknesses and it is usually just a matter of adjusting your ear to your equipment. i have had no trouble at all adapting to the monitors. i have had fantastic results. Feature: these monitors are well equiped. gain and eq adjustments on back along with power switches. the krk symbol lights up to let you know they are on. they look nice in the studio too. i like the yellow cones on black. i do wish the powers switches were on the front but that is such a minor complaint that im not even sure why i mentioned it. Ease of Use: very easy. plug em in position them according to your room, a little eq again according to your room. thats all there is to it. Quality: well finished, very heavy, feels well made. i have had mine for close to 6 months now and they still sound and look great. Value: its possible there are better 5 inch monitors out there, but i wouldnt bother spending more money for a speaker this size. for a small/bedroom studio these have plenty of volume and bass. if you feel the need to spend more money get a bigger speaker. but these are solid monitors. Manufacturer Support: dont know, havent used it The Wow Factor: looks nice Overall: i dont plan on replacing these anytime soon. i have no complaints at all
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Used by an university student majoring in engineering" submitted October 1, 2011

Musical Background: hobbyist, engineering student
Music Style: hip hop, R&B, blues, alternative
Sound: the sound is very linear and balanced throughout the different ranges and is suitable for any music. i listen to mostly hip hop and R&B, but I've tried playing multiple different stuff and they all sound great. the only downside of these is that they do not have enough bass for playing some of the hip hop genre songs, and if you force them to play the bass heavy songs loud, the vocal part would become chopped up by the bass (not distortion). Feature: when i ordered them, i did not know they come with stands too, which was a surprise when i went to the mail room and found out that i need my friends to help carry the stuff. the isopads and the stands are amazing and although the isopads aren't really necessary if the speakers are put on the stands, they do look pretty good. Ease of Use: just like all other active speakers, they're as easy as plugging in and playing. it may be a bit harder to modify the sound to individual taste though, because unlike the more high end studio monitors, only the higher frequency were adjustable on the speakers. the only way to manipulate the rest of the frequencies is to adjust them on the computer, receivers, or whatever else is used as the source. Quality: I took great care of my speakers, but occasionally i would like to crank them up just for kicks, and they performs perfectly. one time my friends decided to borrow them for an outdoor event in a 150 square ft courtyard and the speakers were played at near maximum volume for 3 hours, they performed great without distortion or overheating, everyone at the event were surprised that such small speakers could sound this loud and clear. Value: if you're looking for balanced, linear sound, then yes these are perfect. if you're looking for speakers for purely playing music or watching movies, then they may not be the greatest speakers because a subwoofer would most likely be needed, which costs a lot more. The Wow Factor: they are used in my college dorm, and everyone who dropped by have commented on how awesome and professional they look before even hearing them. the black and yellow scheme is a plus for me because they are also my university's color scheme Overall: I expect them to last for at least until i graduate from university, which should be about 4 years, or until they break. i have considered adding a sub-woofer, although my student budget would not allow me to. also, if i decide to move into a larger place, i may consider buying a few more to create a surround sound system.

"Studio on a budget? Buy these!" submitted August 29, 2011

Musical Background: professional musician
Music Style: Rock, Alternative
Sound: Within minutes of firing these up I realized I had made a great purchase. My tracks came alive. I've used many other brands of studio monitors, some more expensive, and the sound of these stand right up to them. Feature: Size first is nice, narrow and deep. Three inputs, XLR, TRS(balanced), and RCA. All you need there. Tweeter level and and main level, again, all you need. Ease of Use: Plug em' in and turn on. Turn em' up. How much easier can it be? Quality: Built like a truck, and look cool. Plus a cool KRK light up logo when their on. Value: I bought these as a re-sealed box item, so the deal was killer. Just like new. Even at new price these would be worth it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used it yet. Hope I don't need to. The Wow Factor: Hot Stuff! Overall: I hope to use these for years, until I need another pair for another studio.

"Good monitor for small home studio" submitted November 27, 2012

By Morris L in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: Amateur keyboardist
Music Style: Ambient and New Age
Overall: I paired these speakers with a ASUS XONAR ESSENCE STX/90 sound card, and the sound is excellent. I have them on the sound dampening foam on my desk about 4 feet away from my head. The bass is there but not overpowering, the midrange is crisp, and there is clearly audible high end frequencies for uncompressed format music. As far as I can tell, the response is very flat. I am an amateur musician working on ambient/new age music with a lot of synth and reverb - all digital sources, and I can hear some irritating interference above 10k hz created by one of my reverb VST's that was totally muffled by both my other speakers and my mid-level quality headphones. I would never have known that it was two reverb effects interfering with each other without these speakers. Also, these things with my sound card can get LOUD. I typically have the overall sound level on the card set to about 20% or less. If you need volume and clarity, these are the ones to get. I am also considering using these for my left/right channel speakers in my home theater system. I occasionally watch movies on Netflix on my computer, and the dialog is way easier to hear on them. My one reservation is that the yellow cone clashes with my decor in my family room. Otherwise, they would already be replacing some aging Bose speakers I'm using now.

"Great Product, Great Price, Great Value!" submitted April 8, 2011

Overall
Sound: Flat response. Excellent small room playback monitor. I rate it a 9 because I am sure there are high-end monitors out there that are even better but I haven't heard them and I'm sure I couldn't afford them! Feature: Great variety of high quality hookups. High freq. adjustment makes it easy to match to the room. Ease of Use: I record my band on my laptop, come home and plug in to these for mixing. Simple. Quality: Solid, well made, good looking. If you recognize quality you'll see it in these. Value: IMHO, a bargian at full price. Manufacturer Support: This rating is given on faith. It's hard to imagine someone making something this good and not backing it up. The Wow Factor: Sharp looking and looks really cool with the logo lit up. Overall: I exect when I wear these out I may upgrade to the 6" or 8", but then as happy as I am with these I may not.

"Simply fantastic" submitted May 27, 2012

By ARTIE KIFER in CLEARFIELD, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years ( since 14 years of age. I play 12 string, piano and bass and do alot of work with my Roland Fantom
Music Style: I have played rock and country rock, but I just do music in modern christian worship music
Overall: I have always been a musician with one simple basic EQ curve in my live performances. You know, high lows, middle mids, high on the high ends. But after working with the Tascam 2488 and the Rokit G2 pack I now hear my music in a very defining manner. I was a little concerned about lacking amperage in these monitors, but there is more than needed especially for the final mix down. My work consist of alot of 12 string acoustic, piano and a few in between, and the definition of just those two instruments is fantastic.

"The first great stuff I own" submitted September 21, 2012

By TU P in Hewitt, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I have a home studio. I play guitar mainly. I compose hiphop music
Music Style: rap, rock, Christian
Overall: My friend told me I should buy this gear. I did. And I won't apologize. Great sound that I have no ever heard before. Of course, because this is my first one. I don't have chance to compare to another brand name. But I like the sound they give me when I'm mixing.

"Great, Great Great, Glad I bought a pair!" submitted August 10, 2010

Overall
Sound: Sounds magnificent! Everything from Mozart konzert fur klarinette, Trevor Rabin Armageddon to Jimmy Eat World all sounds great. Quality: Great sound quality! Just like one person said, just buy them. Everyone that hears them like them and wants a pair. Manufacturer Support: Great service on the phone. I had some questions before I bought a pair.

"Rokit 5 is a BLAST OFF!!!!!!!!!!" submitted May 9, 2010

Musical Background: DJ, Producer
Music Style: All long as it sounds good
Sound: They are great and i enjoy mixing with these monitors. Great for starters! Feature: I wish all the controls were front or side loaded for easier adjustments. Ease of Use: Plug and Play with options for RCA, XLR & TRS connections. Quality: Excellent quality although i wish a grill would have came with them for that just in case. Value: Great price and great product! Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it! The Wow Factor: Awesome sleek look to add a bit of zest to my setup! Overall: I would replace these only if they became broken!

KRK RP5G2 Rokit G2 Customer Review submitted January 6, 2011

Music Style: Country & Gospel
Sound: The sound is great Feature: No access. just the manual Ease of Use: Very easy Quality: Very well built Value: Most definetly yes Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with company so far The Wow Factor: It looks great where it is set up at. Overall: I plan to keep it as long as it keeps working.And then get the same thing again.

"Good value without compromising sound and build quality." submitted September 29, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist, Band Director
Music Style: Eclectro
Sound: As near field monitors, the sound is super clean. They can thump if you need them to and can handle fairly high volume without distortion. Since these have 5" drivers, I paired them with the KRK sub. Consider getting the sub for the best total sound. Feature: Its a speaker. Comes with a variety of input options, a high frequency filter knob and a volume knob. All useful. The KRK lights up on the front bezel. Not useful but cool and unexpected! Ease of Use: See features. What could be easier? Quality: Heavy and solid. Good switches, knobs, and connectors. If you drop on something, be prepared to fix/replace that thing. These are bulletproof. Value: For $149 with a stand and a isolation pad, you just can't beat it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had the need, so that's good. The Wow Factor: Did I mention the light up logo. Useless, but kind of nice when tracking in a darkened studio. The yellow cone is also hot. Overall: I will use these until they blow up and buy another set if they haven't come out with something better.

KRK RP5G2 Rokit G2 Customer Review submitted June 21, 2009

By a customer from planet.nl
Music Style: ecclectic,
Sound: Given the Size ubelievable. Feature: There flexible enough without features you normally will not use, and only will raise the costs. Ease of Use: Really, plug and play does exist.(first time for me :)) Manufacturer Support: didn't need it yet. Overall: Maybe i will add the sub in while.

"KRK RPGG2 with FREE Stands" submitted November 1, 2012

By Tyler T in Elmhurst, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music for about 10 years, producing electronic music for about 5 years, playing shows professionally for about 3 years.
Music Style: BASS music, dubstep, glitch hop, juke, trap, laser bass
Overall: These monitors are great. After dealing with some super cheap Numark speakers, these monitors have pushed my production, mixing and mastering to a new level. Even when I am using them for casual music listening I am hearing things in my music that I have never heard before. The stands and isolation pads are a great addition, and make this a complete setup

"I love them" submitted July 7, 2011

Musical Background: Student of Music Production
Music Style: rock, blues, hip hop, pop, jazz
Sound: I love these monitors. They are very clear, easy to set up. They do a great job in the Mix and have great features. Even listening to classical music, you can hear the finest details within the orchestra, deep within the mix. Feature: Everything but the Connector cables is included. The Rokits come with their power cable. They have a lot of great features. I like the rubber pad that is on the bottom of the monitor to give it some isolation from it's sitting surface. I was debating these against the HS50M's and do not regret buying these. They are super easy to setup and look great in my studio. Ease of Use: These monitors are basically plug and play. Power everything else up first and then turn the monitors on last. They have a high frequency adjustment knob to mess around with to adjust to the frequency response in your room, so basically if you don't have an acoustically treated room it gives you the power to cut off some HF so they aren't bouncing around, interfering with your mix. Quality: Damn these things feel sturdy! I was surprised @ almost 18lbs a piece they pack a lot of punch for their size. The finish on the white ones are beautiful. I even ordered a blemished monitor, and I can not see a blemish on it. Anywhere. Value: The product is well worth the money. Especially hearing my mixes before and after. Wow. I should have had these a lot sooner. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed to contact support for these monitors. They give you a nice little handbook for getting things setup, some pointers and any information that is needed to run the monitors in basically any setting. The Wow Factor: Ugh! I love the way they look and feel. To my eyes they are art, to my ears they serenade me. ha! Overall: I will look at the KRK 8's and the higher end line eventually when I get more money in my pocket and keep these 5's for my reference monitors.

"No regrets here,all about what you need it for." submitted September 5, 2009

Musical Background: Singer/Songwriter/Producer
Music Style: Soul,Rnb,Hiphop
Sound: If you're a singer or vocals are your thing then this is for you.have had people telling me that the bass response is so-so...for hiphop maybe but for rnb/soul its amazing. Vocals come off as clear,just a very clean warm sound.As a hiphop/Rnb music producer and a singer myself I'd recommend it to a fellow singer/producer.All about getting used to the sound of your monitors but I really do love these. Feature: Came with cables thats about it,The monitors are the main thing here.Good for me. Ease of Use: Just required me plugin it in and taking a few weeks to warm my ears to its sound. Quality: Heavy,very very solid build. Value: Bang for buck monitors fo sho! Manufacturer Support: Didn't need it. The Wow Factor: very sexy...black curves,yellow aramid cones...KRK logo lights up when turned on..in a dim studio,sexy. Overall: A 10.

"Too muddy" submitted August 18, 2013

By Norman Bent in Brooklyn, NY
Musical Background: engineer
Music Style: reggae
Overall: Nice speakers but it's too muffled and bassy for people doing acoustic tracks or anything with hi's and fine tones

"Excellent studio monitors at an affordable price." submitted August 21, 2011

Musical Background: Professional musician for more than 40 years
Music Style: Jazz
Sound: Excellent sound quality. I'm using them in my home studio. They give a clear, balanced, realistic sound. The bass is surprisingly full for such small speakers. Ease of Use: Easy to set up, easy to use. Quality: Quality is good. Good design.

"Excellent monitor for home studio" submitted January 4, 2011

Overall
Sound: I really like the sound of the Rokit G2 monitors. I don't think I would use them for critical mixing, but they have a great sound for a small monitor. I haven't done a side by side comparison with my other monitors, but the KRK appear to have a bit more bass than my Yamaha small monitors. I am not sure how well the bass boost would translate when mixing at low volume. Feature: Multiple inputs make this monitor very easy in interface. The high frequency attenuator helps balance the monitor to your listening preferences. Ease of Use: Plug and play. Quality: Nice monitors. Solid. THe only thing I would add is a grill over the tweeter to protect against damage. Value: Good value for an entry level monitor. The Wow Factor: Good monitor for the price. Overall: No problems with the monitors. If you are on a tight budget, then this isa good choice. If you have more cash, then look for a bigger monitor or a set of small monitors and a sub-woofer. I have the Yamaha HS50M and sub-woofer setup. I like this even better than my NS10Ms or big monitors for critical mixes.

"Okay piece of gear" submitted January 8, 2010

Musical Background: Engineering/Producing, Vocals
Music Style: Hip Hop, R&B
Sound: I would describe these as being very creamy sounding, as weird as I put it but that's what comes to mind. It's very easy on the ears. My only problem really is that it sounds quite like a muffled sound compared to many other monitors I've heard. I'm definitely going to invest in bass traps for my room because these have a heavy bass response. Feature: In the back there is a high shelf option. I just wish there was a knob for the lows. Quality: Very solid and looks great. Strong mid-range drivers doesn't seem very vulnerable to damage. Value: There aren't many $300 options out there so I'm going to have to say that these are an okay value. I've heard the M-Audio BX5A compared to these and if I can go back I would get those instead.

KRK RP5G2 Rokit G2 Customer Review submitted February 7, 2009

Music Style: Rap
Sound: These monitors ar very good at they are supost to do. They have a very clean crisp detailed sound. What suprised me the most is the Bass and Sub sound for only a 5 inch woofer. I have these monitors, an Emu 0202 interface, an Art tube pre for my vocals, an Mxl 2003 studio condensor mic, and a Akai mpk-49 midi controller and music comes out sound profesional. Ease of Use: Very easy to use just plug and play Quality: Sound is supperior to other more expensive monitors (Yahmaha hs50) Value: GREAT VALUE! Manufacturer Support: never had to use it

When you call, mention priority code 20C-BK8T. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449