When you call, mention priority code 205-9WX9

Rating and Reviews: Jackson Soloist SLXTQ

This Soloist is perfect for pumping out heavy riffs and lighting-fast leads, thanks to the dual Duncan Designed humbuckers and compound-radius fretboard.

Overall

"Wanted the look and style" submitted May 25, 2018

By Ant Lefty in Philadelphia, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing since ‘92
Music Style: ThrashMetalSlamHardcore
Overall: I usually stick to other guitar brands and never played a Jackson. I am not interested in a tremolo system but wanted a dinky. After searching websites I found this model, looks like a dinky, and has no tremolo. Sold. I do, however have some “buyers regret” with this guitar, so I’ll get that out of the way first. -the Duncan designed pickups are horrendous. No “attack” or “chunk”. You can tell these are cheap. I played it through a 5150/1960cab and an egnater vengeance/celestions. They just sounded cheap and very thin. (I’ve also been spoiled with active pickups most of my guitar playing - and this is only one of 4 passive guitars I own, the rest are all active)-the neck isn’t has fast as my other guitars, but this price point is what you expect -any way I set this guitar up I just don’t feel as comfortable. Maybe it’s something to get used to. On the positive side, this is what I have to say:-the guitar looks awesome. I play in a thrash band and it belongs in the band. -full body guitar. I can reach all the frets if I needed to -stays in tune-this is a good project guitar. I swapped out the stock bridge pickup for an EMG HZ passive pickup. I also added a tube screamer in my signal chain and I just about have the tone I’m looking for live purposes. -this guitar is very light and doesn’t weigh you down like an LP. -with the new pickup this guitar sounds great in a mix. I’ll actually be using it on a few tracks as a rhythm track. So, overall if you want the look and feel of 80s and 90s thrash and are on a budget or just want to try a Jackson, this one is it. You MUST swap the pickups, at least the bridge. I would go to the store first to play.

When you call, mention priority code 205-9WX9. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449