map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 20B-0CFY

Rating and Reviews: Jackson Pro Mick Thomson

Get blacked out with the Jackson Pro Mick Thomson Soloist -- its super-thin neck profile and Blackout pickups combine to create an evil shredding machine.

"Minor Flaws, but still great!" submitted April 27, 2019

By Andrew B. in Des Moines, IA
Musical Background: 12 years, professionally
Music Style: Metal
Overall: This guitar is fantastic, but there are some minor issues that bug me that I believe every potential buyer should be aware of. Out of the box, this guitar seems it was not set up in any way before leaving the factory. I suggest doing a fresh setup when you receive it. The truss rod cover also comes uninstalled which is a bit strange and you have to drill in the screw holes for it, which is another reason to get it set up professionally. Also the binding on the body does not match the binding on the neck and headstock on the black model. The body is more of an ivory while the neck/headstock is more of an alpine white. The brdige was also SLIGHTLY angled off center, but it's so small you would have no idea. These things could very well be on purpose, but it doesn't affect playability in any way! Make no mistake this is a quality guitar. SUPER heavy and I want not expecting that and feels fantastic.

"Absolutely FANTASTIC !!!!" submitted April 8, 2020

By Shawn C. in Calumet, MI
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Rock, Country, Metal, Hip-hop, Christian, Jazz
Overall: This guitar is a LOT of bang for the buck, seriously. The neck feels like any USA soloist that I've ever played in my 33 year playing history. And these pickups are some of the best I've ever heard, passive or active. Very musical and versitile. Unbelieveable. If you buy this guitar, and you're an actual player, you will not be dissappointed.

"It's exactly what I wanted, but..." submitted August 18, 2018

By randell m. in new braunfels, TX
Overall
Musical Background: playing/recording/producing professionally and casually since 1986. Guitar, bass.
Music Style: Metal
Overall: Preface: my first new Jackson was 1989. Though I have played many other brands since, Jackson is my fav. I have a couple of Mick Thomson's Ibanez MTM1 signature guitars, so when he went to Jackson, I was excited, as I do like their compound radius fretboards. But...issue 1: Upon opening the box, as the pics show, the truss rod cover was not installed. it comes in a bag with a screw and the tools. Why? Why do I have to pre-drill my screw hole and install the truss rod cover myself? issue 2: the back of the neck has 3 finish blemishes(bumps). This is a first for me. In all the Jacksons I have bought, including another post-Grover era guitars, I haven't had this issue. Maybe I've been lucky in the past? I don't know.issue 3: the ebony fretboard was amazingly dry, and needed to be conditioned immediately. Really noticeable right out of the box at the edges of most of the frets.So, with that said, I adjusted the neck out, installed the truss rod cover, and conditioned the fretboard. tuned it, played it, liked it and chose not to return it for the bumps on the back of the neck. They were minimal and not noticeable at all when playing. And, I love the way it plays! So, I kept it. I still give it high ratings. I like Jacksons, and this was exactly what I wanted. I am keeping the signature SD pickup set too. Sounds great, no complaints.

"SAD quality" submitted June 28, 2019

By Russell C. in Granada Hills, CA
Musical Background: 25 years guitarist
Music Style: Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Speed Metal, Metal Metal lol
Overall: I really want this guitar , I bought it and it had black paint spat on the front , not way this could pass quality control and the side frets had gobbs of glue not painted black so I sent it back once I noticed the binding on the top headstock was over routed and still fitted on, looked bad, it was too much. I got a second one sent to me and it was a nightmare again , the bridge pins were drilled obviously crooked so the Floyd was slanted, the side of the frtes were still bad, now I see others having issues now as well, I sent two back never got It after all, SAD. If they could inspect it before shipping all ok I would buy it now. My stars are based on my experience the guitar looks awesome if not so many flaw issues. MICK should fly to Indonesia and kick someone's ass.

"Horrible." submitted December 29, 2018

By Edwin B.
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician.
Music Style: Metal.
Overall: Okay where do I begin. This guitar looks good. The body and the finish just look menacing. However, right out of the box the one I received had dead spots every where completely unplayable. The fret work was terrible. Very unpolished/finish on the frets so when you would try to do some bends The frets felt like sand paper. Aside from that the guitar has a lot of cosmetic flaws. The finish was very poor and certain areas had paint bubbling. Near the input jack there’s was dust or something and it looked horrible. So I took it to my tech has him set it up and the guitar would not hold tune. He tried everything possible and the guitar just wouldn’t hold its tuning. Even though it’s supposed to have a locking system. Upon closer inspection near the 12th fret it seemed like the frets were not leveled and some looked taller than others. An additional $100 was spent to try and get this guitar sounding good and nothing seemed to work. For a guitar that cost $899 I’d expect way more and better craftsmanship. It seems like there is no quality control with these guitars and it’s very upsetting. I own quite a few import models and they are great guitars. This guitar however was horrible and is not worth $899 at all. You’d think there would be more standards with this being a signature model. This was my first and last Jackson guitar as I’ve heard from others they’ve had the same issues. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this guitar. I returned mine and got my money back. There’s lots of better options in the same price range or less.

When you call, mention priority code 20B-0CFY. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Martes 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: