IK Multimedia TONEX ONE Modeling and Effects Pedal

Bring next-gen AI amp and effects modeling to your pedalboard with TONEX ONE. Choose from thousands of tones, or model your own rig and take it anywhere!

$179.99

• No Credit Check
    6 x
    $30.00
  • No Credit Check
    4 x
    $45.00
  • Overall:
    5 out of 5 stars
  • Sound:
  • Features:
Submitted May 3, 2024 by a customer from gmail.com

"Aliens..."

Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
(see rating details)
They must be aliens. There's no way humans came up with something like this. I bought the Tonex Pedal a while back and to be honest, had a hard time understanding it. Almost like it had too many functions and I got frustrated. When the Tonex One came out I figured I'd give the folks at IK another try. Glad I did. The Tonex One simplifies the user experience for a user like me. There are a finite number of things to remember on the actual pedal in order to operate it properly and those things are all very intuitive. Hooking up to the computer is easy and the unit can be powered by a USB port which is brilliant. The Tonex software is great but again, you need to have an understanding of how the developers structured it. Once I got my head around it, I was off and running. The biggest challenge was understanding which input and output choices to make but I got that figured out. Building presets is easy and the ability to audition tones directly in the program is a game changer. Even without the pedal you can build presets just sitting on the couch with a glass of Bulleit, neat. Integration with my rig and playing those first few notes brought a huge smile to my face. It was almost a moment of relief, knowing that now I have improved my setup and tone to a level that to date can't be surpassed. Each amp model has such a distinct personality and even the slightest adjustments can be heard. There are tons of cabs available and the virtual cabs are fantastic. As for feel, the amp reacts the same as the physical version. Natural power stage compression is what so many digital modelers strive for but never really achieve. The Tonex One has it. Digging in brings out the tone dynamics while keeping the levels correct. The size is so perfect. You can mount this anywhere on your board (even underneath if you set it and forget it).I plan on capturing my amps later today and am looking forward to the result. This pedal will create a revolution in the industry and there are a lot of R&D folks at some of the major manufacturers sweating bullets right now. IK is going to sell a ton of these. At around the price of a normal pedal its almost silly not to own. Heck, I'll likely buy a 2nd one.
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?