Ibanez TMB100 Talman Electric Bass
BACK IN STOCK

Ibanez TMB100 Talman Electric Bass

Resurrecting the retro Talman body shape, the affordable TMB100 is loaded with a P/J pickup combination and active 2-band EQ for maximum tonal versatility.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted December 6, 2015 by Jerrod K in Greenfield , OH
"great bass low price "
I've had this for a few months now. I've been nothing but pleased with it. It plays and sounds good. I have been playing 17 years and use multiple techniques. Now is it as good as a higher end bass no. It however is gig worthy. Plus it's just sexy. Got so many compliments on the sound and appearance.
17 years of jamming around
Whatever is fun. Punk, funk, rock, metal, doesn't matter
44 of 45 people (98%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 6, 2018 by Jon M. in Flint, MI
"Great Bass"
This was the very first bass I purchased, only having played for about three months. The price was the factor that led me to purchasing it. While playing it at an open mic, I was surprise when my friend who is classically trained in music asked to play on it because of the tone and feel of the instrument. Once you pick this bass up you will question the decision to pay for a bass that’s more expensive. This all happened with the stock pickups.
4 years, Bass and Guitar
Christian, Jazz, Rock, R & B
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 12, 2019 by Patrick S in Cleburne, TX
"4 stars because ...."
I purchased this bass new for a back up bass. I’d seen some reviews and they were all quite positive. The bass it self looks amazing. It has an awesome feel and for the price you can’t go wrong. My only issue is this, if you are a beginner and purchasing this bass just know that mine required a full set up. When I opened the box and pulled it out I noticed a pretty pronounced back bow on the neck. The truss rod had been tightened to its max... I have been playing bass for 15 years and knew how to loosen the truss rod to correct this. My fear is that a beginner won’t. This is a budget bass and more beginners are likely to purchase. It could have just been mine but I wanted to put this info out there. That being said after a set up, it’s dope!
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 7, 2018 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Killer Bass Guitar for the Price!"
Wanted a low-priced but good bass guitar for home practice. The Ibanez TMB100 Talman delivered in spades! I've gigged with this bass guitar because it's incredible, especially for the price. I didn't even need to set it up. It played perfectly right out of the box. And the tone and ease of play are mind blowing. No annoying rattles, buzzes, or dead spots like some cheap guitars. And I think it looks totally cool in mint green with the tortoise shell pickguard. People at performances have been surprised by the price after seeing and hearing it. I'm sure that at least a couple went out and bought one for themselves. I bought both this bass guitar and a Peavey home practice bass amp and the two fit like hand in glove. They sound so good together that I've also used the amplifier at gigs. But I won't name the amp since this review is about the guitar. Read the features and look at it, anyone who knows guitars will be impressed. Try one out at a local store if they have one because you'll be surprised by its feel and punchy tone, plus the range of tones with the control options. Highly recommended. Great work by Ibanez.
rock, metal, alternative, indie, punk, grunge
11 of 12 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 12, 2019 by Kevin B in dana, IN
"Worth the money,"
Worth the money, if you can do the setup, as with any ibanez I've ever owned, it required full setup, as its not a problem for me. Up graded strings to fender 7250m, strings much better string tone and player friendly wise, now it not only looks great but feels and sounds awesome!!
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 23, 2020 by Ivan D in Houston, TX
"Ibanez basses are great!!"
I’ve had this bass for over a year. I got it to have a 4 string bass as a back up. To me this bass feels like a fender jazz bass or p bass. I love the sound and I use it every time I play bass at church because I am the drummer at church. It is only $199 so don’t expect it to feel like a $1000 bass. I bought it because it had good reviews and then I played it and I am now giving it a good review.
I’ve been playing drums for 10+years and bass for 7+years.
Christian and Latín Music

Submitted February 5, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"GREAT BASS!!"
This bass is great and sounds really good. For $200 dollars you cant beat it. I play it for church and it sounds really good. My friend that has way more experience in bass playing plays it and it sounds amazing! the tuning stays and it looks super cool, specially the mint green color.

Submitted June 19, 2020 by Wayne S in Montrose, CO
"Poor fret fitment"
Very good sound and tone control. BUTfound poor fret fitment and finish. Had to file several frets under the G string.. played slide up on the G string, when finished i look down and was bleeding. The 7,8, and 9th fret was like razor blades on the fret ends..
7 years
Rock
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 17, 2020 by Erik Newcombe in Ionia, MI
"Good bass but even better price."
The Ibanez Talman100 is a slick bass with active pickups and great tonal features that make it easy to play in any genre. This bass for the price looks and sounds like a $500 guitar. My only complaint is that mine didn't come with a setup and don't have a lot of experience doing them myself and can't really afford to go get an $80.00 set up. In summary this is a great bass with great sound and versatility and is a nice option for a beginner or the seasoned bassist.
Been playing music for 15 years bass guitar and drums and play with a band based in capitol area Michigan.
Rock/Alternative/Garage Rock
1 of 3 people (33%) people found this review helpful. Did you?