Ibanez SR405EQM Electric Bass, 5-String

Ibanez SR405EQM Electric Bass, 5-String

An Ibanez Custom 3-band EQ with a Power Tap switch and a pair of PowerSpan Dual Coil pickups help you access the SR405EQM's huge tonal possibilities.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted May 28, 2019 by Jason S in Belton, MO
"Surprisingly good tone!"
Ok this is a great intermediate bass! Has a tone that cuts like a knife through the mix!!! It is pretty brutal through my Darkglass Alpha Omega. I am very surprised by the pickups, I usually change factory one right away, but, these sound pretty awesome! Not as warm as a basswood body, this as more of a piano tone, very clear and even tone. The set up from the factory was really good as well, it was damn near still in tune when I recieved it! the only thing I was not all that impressed with was the figuring of the maple top, kinda dull and boring. but it sure plays nice!I would highly recommend this as a first bass or an upgrade! the neck is really fast and thin, with nicely dressed frets, very easy to play!!
Its my side hustle!
Lots of rock and metal!
13 of 14 people (93%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 4, 2017 by Marc White in Ignacio, CO
"The sr 405"
This is a very nice bass, with some minor set up I have this thing playing like a dream, the tone has a wide spectrum, and the Finnish and feel are superb
Bass/guitar
Rock-blues-country
25 of 28 people (89%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 13, 2019 by Sotero Rivera in Torrington, CT
"Low quality hardware."
I would stay away from these cheap Ibanez basses if I were you. The scrappy bridge is made of the cheapest Asian steel they could find. It will probably last you around 5-6 years if you are lucky.You still see Fender basses from the 50's that are still being played. The hardware on those basses were made of the best American materials.
Rock, metal and classical guitar.
Classic rock and 80s metal.
3 of 13 people (23%) people found this review helpful. Did you?