When you call, mention priority code 20X-P3L9

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez SR300E Bass

The Ibanez SR300E's custom 3-band EQ and PowerSpan Dual Coil pickups help you dial in the precise bass tone you desire.

"Happy with my purchase" submitted October 5, 2016

By Edith G in Sauk Village, IL
Musical Background: Rookie bassist six months
Music Style: Jazz, blues
Overall: I have only been playing for six months. I started out on a Yamaha 170 I got as a gift. I wanted to upgrade but I didn't want to over reach. The SR300E fills that need. It's a sure upgrade (love the electronics) and it's an instrument I feel I can stay with for years to come.

"Excellent Playability" submitted May 19, 2016

By James Hendrickson in Murfreesboro , TN
Overall
Musical Background: Playing bass for 28 years in and out of bands...
Music Style: 70's Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Southern Rock, Country, and Blues
Overall: So I was looking for a new bass inside a certain price range. I've tried several other basses to see what was new out there and nothing was giving me that comfortable feel or a decent sound. I stumbled across the new Ibanez SR300 a friend had. I'm not really a big fan of Ibanez but this thing sounded and felt great. I was impressed by the feel of the 5 peace neck, it's so slim and fast, tonal possibilities with the EQ and it's lightweight. A very balanced bass with a thin body. I've owned many big name basses over the years and I would say that you can't go wrong with the SR300. I ordered mine here online with the "Pay as you Play" program, the Weathered Black version an as the girls put it "that is one sick bass" an yes it is. The paint job on this bass it light non gloss you can see and feel all the wood grain through it an with the black hardware. The Ibanez SR300 does feel like a beginners bass at $349.00, it appears and feels a lot like a high dollars bass, with the active electronics and tonality are incredible for any genre of music, bass feels solid, this Ibanez in the hands of a beginner would be like having one high range bass, very good bass for practice and very good to play live small gigs because of its playability and sound. For this price, this is the best bass on this website! I am in absolute love with this thing! Its poppy enough for funk but yet it can still hit all the low notes too. The pickups are great and the ability to change the tone any way you choose is ridiculous. There is Treble Cut, Bass Cut, Pickup Balancer, and Slap/Finger... the possibilities are endless! This bass should cost at least three times more. Enjoy!!!
27 of 28 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I had to get one for myself!" submitted August 31, 2018

By Jason W in Moorefield, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Bassist: mostly a hobbyist hack and a weekend warrior.
Music Style: Mostly a hard rock/ metal guy, but have been branching out to other genres. Been attempting some jazz lately...
Sound: I was impressed by the sounds I could get from this little beast. I'm a pretty heavy handed finger style player (I've always had a heavy attack), but I could hear the differences every time I alternated pickups, adjusted the EQ, and flipped the "Power Tap" switch. This thing offers a lot of sound for very little money! Feature: As stated, the thin fast neck of this bass is amazing. I have smaller than average sized hands, so the slimmer design is really comfortable for me. The PowerSpan dual coil pickups are really decent sounding for what they are. The "Power Tap" switch is what sold me on it. After some knob twiddling, trial and error, I found a really nice warm, but heavy sound that I enjoy. Also, the ease of access to the battery compartment is a nice feature as well - no screwdriver needed! Ease of Use: Ease of use is great! Plug it in and play ;-) Seriously though, my stepfather is a guitarist by nature, and even he's remarked at how nice it plays and how nicely the knobs freely turn to dial in the sound you are looking for. Quality: I was impressed by the overall quality of this instrument for the price. I own and play "higher end" basses (Warwick's, Ibanez SR Premium's, etc.), and the quality of this is bass is almost as nice as my SR Premium at a fraction of the cost. Of course it had a few things that needed some tweaking out of the box, but overall I am very pleased with the product. You could spend a lot more and get a lot less (I have anyways...). I guess there's a reason I keep coming back to Ibanez basses. Value: The Ibanez SR300E is considered by most to be a beginner bass. I get that. Yet, for the price, you will be hard pressed to find something with better quality and features. If you are new to bass, or need a backup for your regular player, I would highly recommend the SR300E. I see it becoming my regular player because of it's features and sound. And hey... If something were to ever happen to it at a gig in one of those "seedy" venues, I could easily replace it and not be too upset about the price. Manufacturer Support: I've never had to deal with Ibanez directly, but I have dealt with zZounds a few times and their customer service is wonderful! Friendly, knowledgeable, and courteous. Those are the things that make me a repeat offender to this site! The Wow Factor: This bass is a lot of bang for the buck! I love the look of the black hardware on the weathered black finish. When my girlfriend gave me the "Oh no. Did you buy another bass?" look - even she had to admit the weathered black finish was sexy looking. Ha! Overall: I originally bought an Ibanez SR300E Iron Pewter as a gift for a member of my family who took an interest in playing the bass. When it arrived I took it out of the box to tune it and give the action a little tweaking. Of course, being a bass player myself, I had to give it a try to see how well it played. I was in shock and awe by how well it played and sounded. The neck was extremely comfortable; very thin and fast! It felt like this thing could play itself. After playing it for a few days, (and a few times since), I was so amazed by it that I had to come back to order one for myself (Weathered black - that black hardware on black bass just looks so good).

"Prefect bass Perfect price" submitted October 24, 2016

By Shaun F in Lakeland, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 16 years. Guitar, bass, drums, keys, vocals.
Music Style: Currently playing mostly Death Metal in a band. Play any style though.
Overall: I ordered the Pearl Black Metallic Fade. It came perfectly. Did a quick tune on it and it was ready to play. I don't notice much difference between power tap and series on the switch. But they are both way better than leaving it in up position. I started playing bass ina death metal band and needed to do a serious upgrade from my old Yamaha. I changed the string gauge(comes with 45-105. We tune drop C so I put on 50-115) did a small truss adjustment, and set the intonation almost too quickly. It's very easy to work on. I'm curious to know how long the battery lasts. Only thing left to say is, "BUY THIS BASS!" That's it!

When you call, mention priority code 20X-P3L9. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST