Ibanez S670QM Electric Guitar

Ibanez S670QM Electric Guitar

With humbucker and single-coil pickups, an Edge Zero II tremolo, and Wizard III neck, the versatile Ibanez S670QM is perfect for multiple styles of wailing.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted January 11, 2019 by Bob S in Oakfield, TN
"Ibanez S670QM-DEB"
Wow!!This is one beautiful guitar!! The pictures do it no justice, just stunning!!I looked it over really well (neck joints, finish, fret ends, binding) and could not find anything at all wrong with it.Right out of the box (after tuning up), it played great. I changed the strings from 9's to 10's and adjusted the trem and action to my specs. I also have an S520 from 2014 that came with the Quantum pickups, I didn't care for them in that guitar, but they sound great in this guitar, maybe the quilted maple??
Been playing for 42 years. I play almost every weekend.
Rock, Blues, Funk, Fusion........
18 of 18 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 24, 2020 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Unbelievable Value!"
This guitar required minimal setup out of the box. Now I have to say this straight away: This is the best guitar I have ever played!! No doubt!! I’ve owned vintage Les Pauls, EVH Wolfgangs and Fenders, and this Ibanez beats them ALL. The pickups are hot and the neck is blazingly fast. It’s so good that I played for three hours this morning and had to force myself to put it down. It’s got great harmonics and it makes tapping a breeze. This dang thing almost plays itself! I played some Clapton and Kiss, Van Halen and Motley Crue... it handled them all like a dream. I really can’t say enough about how great this Ibanez is!! Buy one before Ibanez realizes they could sell these for $1000!
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 12, 2016 by Michael K in Stafford, VA
"S670QM in Dragons eye with edge 2 and wizard 3 neck"
I purchased the s670qm in dragons eye finish with the wizard 3 neck and edge 2 tremolo. When the guitar arrived the first thing I did was look it over for any flaws. There were none, the finish was flawless and I saw no evidence of over-spray anywhere on the instrument. The guitar is amazingly light even when compared to the RG line. It took about a 1/2 hour to get it in tune (note: all floyds are shipped with the locking nut loosened) which is not bad for a floyd rose tremolo straight out of the shipping carton. After I got it in tune I ran through several songs as well as an intense dive and pull routine on the bar to see if it would hold tune. It held tune pretty well requiring only slight adjustment of the fine tuners to bring it back to perfect (specifically the b & g strings). The guitar comes with D'addario strings on it and like most guitars is set to A440 (E standard). Out of the box the action was low and no fret buzz. After acclimating for about a week some fret buzz developed at the first fret but it was relatively minor. I had the guitar set up by a local tech after it acclimated and it has not buzzed since. I also had it restrung with ernie ball slinky strings (9-42), the tuning set to Eb and intonation adjusted. This is like any other guitar, you will need to either have it set up professionally or set it up yourself how you like it. The pick ups in this guitar sound great with regards to the humbuckers. The middle pick up (single coil) is noisy and somewhat tinny when engaged by itself, however, when it is switched on with either humbucker it is quiet and fuller sounding. If I had a complaint about the guitar the middle pick up would be it, this is so minor and easily dealt with that it's just not an issue for me. Overall this is an amazing guitar especially for a production line instrument. I have played many guitars through the years and this is probably my favorite to date. To give others reading this review an idea for comparison I have played Gibsons and epiphones (les paul models), charvels, esp's washburns, paul reed smiths, deans, laguana's, and ibanezes (various rg models inclusing mij and mii variations). Overall I give this guitar 4.5 stars. I dinged it a half a star for the middle pick up but at the price point it's at I'm not sure even that is entirely fair to it.
30 years playing music. I play guitar, bass guitar, and some drums.
Rock, hard rock, southern rock, heavy metal, blues, and jazz
54 of 56 people (96%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 19, 2016 by a customer from gmail.com in West Chester, PA
"Great guitar, setup lacking"
Purchased this around November because I wanted an HSH superstrat-style guitar. I normally play Epiphone Les Pauls, so the light body weight is noticeable (and amazing for my back). My real gripe is with the setup of the guitar; the action is so low that there was string buzz out of the box. Pretty disappointed in the shipping as well, there was a hole in the box around where the neck was. Luckily nothing was broken, but it makes me think twice about who I'm purchasing from.
Classic rock, progressive rock, alternative rock
7 of 21 people (33%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 26, 2017 by david w in jefferson city, MO
"ibanez s670qm "
i bought this guitar as my first floyd rose experience. the guitar did not come with instructions as to how to tune it. i realized that the locknuts were loose so i tuned it first and then tightened them. of course it went out of tune that way so i used the little knobs to fine tune it. for some reason it stays a bit low on the tuning and im sure it is user error. other than that it is a nice looking and lightweight guitar.
jam at home for about 3 years
blues and heavy metal
3 of 11 people (27%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 21, 2020 by PAUL C in Oklahoma City, OK
"Inspect as soon as you recieve"
Bad Fret work unplayable till after 5th fret i didn't inspect this guitar when i first got it so the 90 day return on zZounds is long gone so I am at the point i have to deal with Ibanez or just pay to have all the frets replaced its hard to believe Ibanez QA let this pass i feel like i received a cheap china made copy
1 of 5 people (20%) people found this review helpful. Did you?