Ibanez S570AH S Series Electric Guitar

Ibanez S570AH S Series Electric Guitar

Comfortable to hold and easy to play, the Ibanez S570AH S Series electric guitar has a thin, fast neck and Quantum pickups for a wide range of tonal options.

Overall:
5 out of 5 stars
Submitted July 27, 2019 by Joe H in Columbia, MO
"Worth Every Penny"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
After playing primarily Jacksons over the last few years, I decided to go out on a limb and try the silver wave S series. The first thing is the amazing finish. If you're not familiar with the S Series they are basically paper thin compared to most guitars but it doesn't hold back tone. The stock HSH pickup configuration will get you into any tone territory. Seriously, top-level instrument at a mid-level price.
Fretboard is easy to glide anywhere. Thin neck built for speed. The pickups are super high output but are definitely clear. Doesn't take much to get the bite out of them.
The thing is light, contoured, and the dual action tremolo is like butter.
Super easy to play.
For as thin and as light as it is, this thing feels solid. Pretty sure it's built like a tank.
Very much so.
Haven't had to.
Very, very appealing and you notice instantly. Nothing hidden.
18+ yrs, play very regularly
Mainly modern metal, but also get gigs in country and rock genres from time-to-time.
15 of 15 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 26, 2021 by Scott P in Springfield, OR
"Ibanez S570AH awesome"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
Well, I wasn’t sure what to expect, as I took a chance and bought one that was listed as minor blemish on zZounds site.It took awhile to get to me, but that isn’t zZounds fault. The FedEx hub in my state doesn’t have enough truck drivers, and delays at the Troutdale hub are just a reality at this time.It arrived well packed and it turns out that the minor defect was just a small crack at the neck pocket. This would have probably happened anyway, and it is really small.I did have to call customer service, due to a saddle adjustment screw rounding out when I set the intonation. Sounds got me a new set of these screws through Ibanez, and it only took a few days. So good on zZounds and good on Ibanez.
The guitar came with Quantum pickups. I have Quantum pickups on another guitar, and they sound alright on my Jem Jr. However, they sound spectacular on this guitar. This may have something to do with the ash body on this guitar, vs. the Mahogany body on the Jem Jr.It is amazing that Ibanez can offer ash on a guitar in this price range, when Fender has stopped using ash on more expensive guitars.
The most useful feature on this guitar is the Edge Zero trem. As a matter of course, as I’ve done with my other trem equipped Ibanez guitars, I replaced the springs. The springs that come on these guitars are awful and won’t let the trem return to pitch. I replaced them with Floyd Rose extra strength, silent springs. Now the trem returns to pitch as good as my Floyd’s and original Edge trems.There is no string retainer on this guitar. If you put a few extra winds of strings around the post, it will increase the break angle from the back of the nut, where the strings exit. If you get the break angle right, you can lock down the nut without having to retune.
The guitar is quite playable out of the box, with the exception of the trem springs. There were a couple of high frets, but they weren’t high enough to cause buzzing with a normal action. I always do a level and crown as part of the set up anyway.
The fit and finish on this guitar is excellent. I love the grey and black top on this. Definitely a looker. Also, the description of the guitar on the website, when I ordered it, said that the fretboard was Jatoba. Well, as it turned out, my guitar came with a rosewood board, which according to Ibanez’s website is what the guitar comes with for 2021.Also, the jack placement on the top, is really nice. The end to the cord doesn’t stick out. Just be careful plugging in.
This guitar is worth every penny I paid. I am quite pleased that the guitar is less than 600 dollars. Great bang for the buck. And zZounds makes it a no brainer with their payment plans.
I haven’t had to call Ibanez personally, but I have gone through the dealer before, and they have got fast service from Ibanez for me.
This guitar not only looks good, but plays great as well. If you aren’t able to do work on a guitar yourself, spend the money for a pro set up. It’s so worth it.
Been playing guitar since 1983
Hard Rock, Metal, classical

Submitted August 25, 2019 by William von Zangenberg in Spring Hill, FL
"Absolutely Wonderful"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
The Ibanez S series is a dream come true. The neck is extremely fast and wonderfully comfortable. It's like gliding over water very fluid. As far as tone goes I have gotten jazz, 50 and 60's rock, country, blues and pop with no trouble at all. Prior I played mostly Fender and Gibson guitars and high end ones. I still love Fender and Gibson but my new go to is my Ibanez S series. It plays incredibly well but best part it weighs next to nothing but doesn't sacrifice tone at all. Play a gig with a Les Paul and you feel like a weight is around your neck with the Ibanez you don't even know you're holding a guitar it's that light, but nevertheless an absolute tone monster. This is definitely one you want in your collection.
Professional musician
Jazz, 50 and 60's rock, blues, country, pop, religious music, and once in a while fingerstyle, bluegrass
9 of 10 people (90%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 11, 2020 by Mark F in Columbus, OH
"Happy....sort of..."
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
This will be no way intended to be aimed at zZounds.They are fantastic. Ibanez,however......hmmmm. I have an American Master and 7 USA Custom's.I bought this because I have to have some inexpensive guitars for live shows....Box arrived on time,and had no issues.Guitar has perfect condition.However, inspection of it was another deal.Trem was no where near 0 angle.Nut was so low,first fret notes were dead.Intonation was waaaay off for D,G,B........and where is the string retainer bar? Doesn't come with one?This is nothing new,as I expect to set up my guitars to my liking,but this was unbelievable. .024 of nut shim, neck tweak,set trem angle to zero,and intonate bridge just to make it playable,and I had to buy a part that should have been installed anyway is way to much.....I mean,I expect SOME adjusting to my guitars but this was major work....Ibanez...Iove your guitars,and I have many,but the nut shim is inexcusable on a $500.00+ guitar...I expected it to at least be playable out of the box.Set up right, it's pretty badass. Quantnams are big improvement over Infinity's.….I might just not use DiMarzio's right away....I hate to rant,but Ibanez has much,much better quality control than this usually........
20+years, regionally professional
Progressive Rock/Metal, Symphonic MetalColumbuslocalmusic.com/celestialfurnace
7 of 12 people (58%) people found this review helpful. Did you?