Ibanez S1070PBZ Premium Electric Guitar (with Gig Bag)

Ibanez S1070PBZ Premium Electric Guitar (with Gig Bag)

DiMarzio Air Norton, True Velvet and Tone Zone pickups, an ultra-fast 11-pc Wizard neck and an Edge Zero II tremolo make this S1070PBZ a real shred machine.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted April 6, 2020 by Fred E B in Murfreesboro, TN
"Pure Art"
I have spent a lot of time just staring at this guitar and thinking of how it was constructed. From the different types of wood that were used to how they were put together and finished and all I can say is that this guitar is a beautiful piece of art that would satisfy anyone like myself who loves the look of wood and truly appreciates how it is brought together to be both functional and aesthetically pleasing. I have and do own other guitars that use exotic wood for the top of the body but in most cases the guitar is made of one type of wood and the exotic is a very thin piece of veneer, the top of this guitar however is a little more than a half inch thick. That doesn't sound like much but is about 6 times thicker than most guitar tops that use an expensive exotic wood including my other Ibanez guitars and considering the thinness of the "S" series guitars, that's almost half of the overall thickness. The rest of the body is the African Mahogany and in my opinion is beautiful enough to be the front / top of the guitar. The neck of this guitar is just as impressive and beautiful with the 11 pieces of wood combined to look great and more importantly feel and play wonderfully. All of the hardware on this guitar is top notch. This is the first guitar I've owned that uses the Gotoh machined tuning heads and I didn't quite understand the hype until I received the guitar and seen what actually makes them different. The same for the Zero Point Bridge / Tremolo system. The combination of this bridge and tuning heads and of coarse the lock nut makes this guitar stay perfectly tuned even during the most aggressive playing and whammy bar usage (I've put it to the test). Ibanez cut no corners on this guitar and it all makes for probably the best guitar I've ever owned out of the 80 - 100 Ibanez guitars I've had and played over the last 30 years. I highly recommend to anyone who seeks a guitar with great Playability, Tone, Quality and Beauty to spend a little more (or less, whatever the case) for this guitar and you won't be disappointed. If you are, I will personally refund all your mon.... Okay not really, but I will gladly take it if you don't like it and want to ship it to me.
32 years of playing. I play guitar, bass, drums, piano. Play professionally
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 26, 2018 by Tony V in Houston, TX
"So much ... maybe not enough "
This is the first IbAnez in my stable for nearly 10 years. I have always admired the S series for its thin neck and petite frame. This guitar carries that perfectly. The fret board is nearly perfect being responsive and high quality —both pad and thumb side ( like porous wood - feels incredible). Trem placement and response is exactly what you would expect. Pota and toggle are smooth and static free. Stays in tune without flaw. The complement of action and electronics is beyond perfect . Playing is smooth and the added technology would make this guitar incredibly versitle in low light conditions ( fluorescent dots on dorsal side of neck). Case candy was nice. No complaints on stuff it comes with. Concerns - jack - not deep enough for Bluetooth jack ( bevel catches on side and does not allow for proper seating ( for my gear). Finish pattern - it is a gorgeous finish just confusing to my eye. Very busy but, that is just my impression. On arrival - high e was broken at nut but was playable - until tuning - likely shipping process My opinion is this is a keeper - pro level for studio and stage. With zero hum in electronics exacerbated by the tactile aspects and premium aspects. Will be my go to for studio due to ergonomics and zero hum.
Studio
Jazz , rock
13 of 14 people (93%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 14, 2018 by Jeff M in Joplin, MO
"An excellent guitar!"
This guitar is one of the nicest I've ever owned. Fit and finish were very nice. Tone is great, pots rotate smoothly with no static, selector switch is also operates smoothly with a positive feel in each position. It's well balanced with a smooth action. It arrived with a good set up, but out of tune (no biggie).
Very versatile for everything from smooth melodic clean runs to hard rock and aggressive, lower tuned metal. No complaints.
The locking trem system is very reliable and stands up well to regular use, Maintains tuning well once strings are broken in. The locking tuners are very nice and all electronics and controls appear to be well made function just as they should. Comes with an awesome multi-tool that makes maintaining the guitar quite easy.
Any locking trem system can be a challenge to set up and maintain. This is no exception, but once you have it there it works well. That said, string changes are not something I look forward to.
Very solid build, amazing finish, smooth action, and a great neck.
It's a high quality guitar, and is priced as such. You get what you pay for with this one, which is a lot. But it's pricey.
Have not had to use it yet, so no opinion at this point.
Looks incredible, plays smoothly, and sounds great through all of my amps.
Played guitar off and on for 30 years.
Smooth jazz, modern blues, rock, and metal.
5 of 6 people (83%) people found this review helpful. Did you?