Ibanez RG421AHM Electric Guitar

Ibanez RG421AHM Electric Guitar

Powered by a pair of proprietary Ibanez Quantum humbuckers and equipped with a thin, fast Wizard III neck, this RG is a stable axe for utilitarian shredders.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted June 15, 2018 by J F
"Very impressed"
I am very surprised and pleased with this guitar, especially at this price. It came set up just about perfect. The volume and control knobs feel cheap but everything else seems good quality. Frets edges are smooth and tuners are good. It is a 3 piece glued body but that's expected in this price range. I've recently sent back several guitars from other manufacturers, with quality issues (zzounds customer service is absolutely top notch btw.) but this thing is a keeper. It appears that Ibanez cares about their product and final inspection more than some other companies.
play guitar and bass for 30 years
rock
14 of 14 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 31, 2020 by Gordon Campbell in CARSON CITY, NV
"Great guitar. Ibanez is the best!"
I had a friend buy this for me to do some tracks, because my Ibanez Prestige and Charvel were in pawn at the time. Upon arrival it played well - everyone has their own idea of how action should be...it was well intonated right out of the box. I realize that when a guitar ships in cold weather that there will be an adjustment period. I waited a couple days before I adjusted the bridge and truss rod. After three weeks this guitar is magic. Plays as well as my $1200 prestige. The pickups are good, not Dimarzios but they sound good. This is a worthwhile guitar, and its also beautiful for an Indonesian incarnation.
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 19, 2019 by Aaron Manderscheid in Baytown, TX
"Ibanez RG421AHM Electric Guitar"
OK first off very nice Guitar everything the other reviewers say is true . I may upgrade the Bridge pickup because I'm a EMG 81 FAN the stock pup is very good though !! Now for the 1 bad but not really BAD . Its a Green moon Burst a little Blue on the edges turns into a Green color as you move towards the center of the Guitar ? Its mentioned in another review . So unless you just hate green its not a problem . Im disappointed but not enough to send it back & Blue is my favorite color . The varnishing is great and you can see the wood grain underneath . Setup was spot on , frets could be a bit smoother but I can fix that easily . Oh and its not light its got some weight to it which may surprise some who buy Sub $1,000 dollar Guitars . Gives it killer Sustain . So yeah great Guitar price is well worth it , thin neck ready for Shredding also .
6 of 7 people (86%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 23, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Frets!!!"
Great guitar, but the frets have to be filed, really rough edges, other than that a great guitar!!!
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?