map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-6D7P

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez RG1070PBZ Premium

A trio of DiMarzio's most potent pickups and an Edge-Zero II tremolo bridge make this Ibanez well-equipped for prog, djent, or any heavy genre you can name.

"Fantastic" submitted May 31, 2019

By Ryan M in Omaha, NE
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for 5 years, and bass for 9. I play shows and write music.
Music Style: Hardcore, Progressive, Ambient, Metal
Overall: I am no stranger to Ibanez, owning several standard and Prestige RG's I was beyond excited to see this at NAMM. I pre-ordered after a few days of decision making, but since there were few reviews, I was anxious to see if it was worth the money. As soon as I opened the case, I was blown away. The pictures truly do not come close to doing justice. The poplar burl looks fantastic in any lighting, but pops in bright light. The neck and fingerboard are stunning in their own way. I soon plugged it in and was instantly please. Great clarity, and the single coil provides sparkly cleans. I play ambient, progressive, and punk music. The guitar plays all of these genres exceptionally. It absolutely can djent. The neck, as always on RG's, plays extremely fast and smooth. This has become my main guitar, even over my prestige models. It is well worth the money, and the only thing I have thought about changing are the pickups eventually, but really is not necessary.

"Wow!!" submitted July 15, 2017

By Seth R in Bend, OR
Musical Background: 11 years gig at local places in town jam at home
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues, alternative , country and title
Overall: I got this guitar from zZounds and that's all I have to say is wow I watched a lot of reviews on this guitar and the thing that people get caught up on is their Indonesian made well don't worrie this guitar Is by fare on of the best guitars I've ever played and iv me played gibsons fenders top of the line guitars and this guitar is every bit as good if not better in some aspects the neck is butter the picks scream if you want them to or warm on clean tones when on high gain there's so much note definition they don't sound muddy at all I love the poplar bural top it's icing on the cake get this guitar you won't regret it
33 of 37 people (89.19%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Beautiful Guitar" submitted June 18, 2019

By Leon L in Mary Esther, FL
Musical Background: 40+ years
Music Style: 80s hairband, blues.
Overall: Fit and finish are perfect. Had to lower the action. Was to high for my liking. Neck was set correctly. Intonation was spot on. Dimarzio pickups sound great. Have the same set in another Ibanez, which is the prestige model. For being the premium model it is very hard to tell the difference from the prestige. zZounds was awesome once again. Pay as you play is great. Quick shipping. Order this instrument. You will not be disappointed.

"Great sound" submitted July 3, 2019

By Mark Stewart in Sedona, AZ
Music Style: Hard rock instrumentals
Overall: When this new 1070pbz arrived . First impression was good .looks great .however tuning was a bit of a struggle the fine tuners on the bridge are hard to turn and I almost wondered if i had made a 1000 dollar mistake but I'm warming up to it .After tuning and making some adjustments plugged in and the sound is top notch love the pickups .over all loving it ....

"Best guitar I have ever owned!" submitted July 12, 2019

By Jeff K in Ponte Vedra, FL
Musical Background: jam at home
Music Style: classic rock, metal, Blues
Overall: I love this guitar, the playability is exceptional. I don't have any experience with expensive guitars, the most expensive guitar I have owned was under $500. I am not a musician, but play for my own enjoyment. My ability has grown beyond my beginner guitar and I knew if I was going to get any better, I had to upgrade my equipment. Kudos to zZounds for their payment plan, otherwise I never could afford this guitar. I am extremely pleased with my purchase even though it was expensive, at least it is to me. I know real musicians will pay two to three times that. The only flaw I see is cosmetic. In the lower left corner of the guitar, if you stand it on end upright, there is a seam where the body and top were attached. It is a very visible seam, and looks like a crack. Then you look at the face in the same area and there is another seam line, very visible. I thought this might be a defect on my guitar, but when I zoom in and look at the picture you can see it. I know it is a cosmetic issue and not a crack, but for such a beautiful guitar, I think they could of done a better job of covering this seam

When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-6D7P. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Sábado 9AM a 7PM EST
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2019, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.

Please enter your shipping zip code: