Ibanez JEMJRL Steve Vai JEM Junior Electric Guitar, Left-Handed

Ibanez JEMJRL Steve Vai JEM Junior Electric Guitar, Left-Handed

Play like a black-belt shredding master with an Ibanez JEMJRL Steve Vai JEM -- the left-handed electric that brings top-shelf playability to the masses.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted July 15, 2020 by Jonathan Good in Lubbock, TX
"Amazing guitar, great purchasing experience."
I just received my JEMJRL today, and I am entirely enamored by this guitar! Great build quality overall. The unfinished maple Wizard neck is so effortlessly fast and comfortable to play, and the frets were well crowned and dressed right out of the box. The Quantum pickups were far hotter than anticipated, but once I adjusted the bobbins, surprisingly articulate and punchy, and very well suited to high gain tones. I especially admire the Ibanez double locking tremolo system on this guitar. I've always rather hated floating tremolos due to the touchiness when setting intonation and tuning, but this system is magic. I can bury the whammy bar until the strings are over a full inch slack, pop the whammy up, and it's still in PERFECT tune across the scale. I will also say that I can't believe the sustain on this guitar. I've clocked it at a full 41 seconds so far on open notes. I've had a great many RGs over the years, and this guitar quite simply displays why JEMs are superior in every way, even with the so called "budget" model. 10/10.
Guitarist for 25 years, performing musician for 17 years
Alternative metal, progressive, hard rock
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?