When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-QPXZ

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez JEM77WDP Steve Vai

A mahogany body, wood pickguard and steampunk-styled DiMarzio Dark Matter 2 pickups all lend a unique aesthetic -- and tonality -- to the Steve Vai JEM77WDP.

"Another beautiul Guitar from Ibanez." submitted February 14, 2017

By Tamer Sayin in LEDYARD, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing since childhood, I also play classical and Flamenco guitars
Music Style: Rock, fusion, Flamenco
Overall: I bought this guitar from zZounds. I love the guitar. Out of the box guitar had a high action. After I lowered the bridge a little action was on the right spot and playability was much better. Guitar is very exotic looking and feels good quality in hand. Neck is thin and very fast. Great value for the price and those pick ups sound and look fantastic. I recommend it.

"JEM77WDP" submitted March 12, 2017

By Roland Lemus in Corydon, IN
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years of playing guitar off and on, but mainly Rock, Metal, anything guitar
Music Style: mainly Rock, Metal, anything guitar, I love bands that have guitar prominently in the song. Many bands and music, Testament, Ove
Sound: the dark matter pups are awesome and I loved the sound and tone I got from them Feature: The neck was smooth and played very well. Loved the pups. Ease of Use: There is no learning curve, if this guitar was a quality product, then I would buy it again. Quality: Please see my overall review, already stated my reasons. Not 100% reliable at this time. Value: I think it is overpriced for the issues they have at this time. Manufacturer Support: I have sent a note to Ibanez but have not heard back from them on my concerns. The Wow Factor: Yes, this guitar has extreme wow factor, that is why I bought it. loved it until I lowered the action and had issues. Overall: Overall, the guitar was nice to play, but there were construction issues. I will list them below. I HAD to send the guitar back, sadly, the lower end post on the guitar where the Edge 2 fits, would not lock back up and slid up and down with ease. That was a defect, and while I loved playing on the neck, it was not going to play will with that issue. I have talked to other owners of this guitar, who had issues of their own as well. If I didn't change the strings and lower the action, I would have never found this issue under the warranty time frame. The neck was awesome looking and beautiful, and it played very nicely. The sound of the guitar was all as advertised, I was very impressed with the tone, and the playability until I decided to lower the action. The guitar is a wonderful concept and I do know that some customer have bought their JEM77WDP without issues, but I am seeing that there are others out there that have issues and I will get this guitar again but not until it has all of the bumps in the road worked out. For the money they should put the most high end tremolo bridge on it, it did stay in tune, but others have said it doesn't. So, to me this is a 50/50 gamble and I don't like to gamble with my money on an investment. If you bought one that is ok, then jam on, and that is great, but when I buy an Ibanez for this money, I expect it to be in great operating condition. I think Ibanez needs to quality inspect these better out of the factory. I give massive Kudos to zZounds for helping me through this education and process, they were professional, eager to help, and honored their return policy. I will always use their services, they are very helpful, I wrote to Ibanez about the cracks on the upper neck I saw on a few other models as well. I had researched this guitar a lot before buying, so I was pretty disappointed and bummed when I had to return it. So, I am moving on to another Ibnanez that has better quality control.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Beautiful Guitar - Great Playing - Great Sound" submitted August 1, 2018

By Chad P in LEXINGTON, NC
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for 35 years. Have played with various bands thru the years, as long as I'm playing, I'm happy.
Music Style: Metal
Overall: No issues at all with this guitar. I must have the lucky one. Once it was set up, the action was perfect.Classic Ibanez. Frets were dressed like the Japanese Models. It is just flawless. Playing with my band it cuts thru the mix great and has the most balanced sound of all my guitars. I happen to be a fan of the Indonesian Ibby's. I have an Iron Label that has to be one of the most perfectly assembled guitars ever. It amazes me every time I play it.

"Terrible Quality Control" submitted February 3, 2018

By brian parra in concord, CA
Musical Background: BA Music
Music Style: Classical, Jazz, Fusion
Overall: Don't buy the Non-Japanese Ibanez's! I bought an iron label Ibanez a while ago and had to return it due to terrible quality. I guess I didn't learn. Bought this brand new. Had to take it 3 times to a guitar shop. Turned out the screws on the nut are not long enough, so the nut was sliding back and forth, making it completely un-tunable and not playable. Finally discovered the problem, and had to have the holes plugged and drilled for longer screws.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-QPXZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST