Ibanez GSR205 Electric Bass, 5-String

Ibanez GSR205 Electric Bass, 5-String

A real player's bass, the Ibanez GSR205 5-string boasts DXH-5 pickups and PHAT-II EQ so you can dial in the perfect tone -- no matter what style you play.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 20, 2015 by K 2 in Moab, UT
"Nice Bass for the money"
Poor neck relief and minor bowing on delivery,(unplayable fret buzz and dead 2nd fret) but easily fixed with a neck adjustment , and those instructions and tools come with the Bass. The sound is great, The feel is good and I am really impressed with how light weight it is.
Bass player for The Moabites former Bass for STEELBENDER191
Classic Hard Rock
13 of 13 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 16, 2014 by a customer from hotmail.com
"Great Bass!"
I love the way this bass sounds! The quality that you get for the price is very good. I do need to get the bass set up a little better but the power and warmth that I was looking for is definitely there. I think this is a great buy for anyone that wants quality sound on a budget.
13 of 13 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 4, 2015 by Tony Amato
"Lite on the back and a lot of EQ room"
The only star I gave less than a 4 is the Overall, I gave that a 4. Why? Because it feels like the price in the weight and appearance. That's not a bad thing because it plays and sounds Awesome!! I grabbed this because I was looking for something lite on the back for the 3 hour shows. When I first got it I was a little nervous thinking it was maybe for a beginner but once I plugged it in with the band it punched right through and the guitarist noticed a huge difference in sound compared to an Epiphone Thunderbird I was playing. I should mention that Epiphone costed me $300 more and this Ibanez seems to beat it in punch and overall sound. All that said I may buy another in black for the metal band. (Using the one I bought in classic rock etc..) That metal band sound? Think Lamb of God meets Slayer...I used it in that style of music and it punched right through. A problem I WAS having is whenever you play in metal bands the bass seems to drop out and more so during guitar solos. Well the reason I may buy a second one of these is because it performed well with that "Metal" test. So...If your looking for some punch, more EQ room and something that doesn't hurt your back for a GREAT price this is a great choice.
Been playing for over 20 years in different rock and metal bands. The Standard Assault can be found on facebook or reverbnation.
Rock, Classic Rock, Metal
17 of 18 people (94%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 8, 2016 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Great for the price"
This thing is awesome. It's super lightweight, with a super solid low end. Easily outclasses any other bass in its price range. If you want the best quality on a budget you can't go wrong with this one.
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 8, 2015 by Noah M
"Decent 5-string value"
This bass is very playable with its thin neck, but also at the same time feels a little cheap. This is probably due to how light the bass really is. Even though it is light, it still has good sustain. It has a wide range of capable tones with its various controls. Overall it is an extremely good value. A great way to get started with 5-strings.
Two-year bass hobbyist
Progressive Rock/Metal, Heavy Metal, Jazz
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 15, 2014 by Raul Chavez in Miami, FL
"Wow for the price!"
Received my ibanez 5 string bass a month ago and it's sounds great. The quality you get for the low price is great! Those hum bucker pickup sound great! Super quiet! When I first received the guitar I did have to make a slight adjustment to the necks trust rod. It was buzzing on the first and second fret. I loosened the the rod and lowered the action to my taste. I tuned and intonated the strings and no more buzzing on the frets... If you know how to adjust the concave of the neck you would know it's easy! For those that have never done it, I would recommend taking it to your local music store and paying a little extra money in a proper set up. Very happy with guitar very versatile, you can tune in the sound you want for what ever style of olaying you want.
I've been playing for 25 years. Currently have been playing at my church for the last. 5 years medium size venue that seats 1500
Rock, metal , Latin salsa, Christian/gospel
22 of 24 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 2, 2015 by John Jones in Dallas, TX
"NICE!!"
Great bass, I just started taking lessons my instructor really likes it a very nice finish
R&B and gospel
4 of 5 people (80%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 15, 2017 by Gary Vaughn in Glasgow, KY
"Bought over the phone from Musician's Pro in Bowling Green, Ky."
I had two basses mess up at once and needed one asap. I phoned a store and bought this one from the ads I saw on this site. I thought iI might just use it until my others were fixed. Man was I surprised at the weight, sound and ultimately a low end punch with some high end twang. I guess this will be my number one user bass from now on.
I have been playing guitar and bass for over 40 years. 30 of those doing bars and clubs around several states.
Rock, Country, Gospel, Bluegrass Gospel. Among a few. Recorded with a lot of bands and musicians from all genres.
3 of 4 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?