Ibanez GRG131DX GiO Series Electric Guitar

Ibanez GRG131DX GiO Series Electric Guitar

Built solidly and inspected for quality, the Ibanez GRG131DX GiO electric guitar delivers easy playability and aggressive, powerful tone every time.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted December 10, 2019 by Shawn K in Salem, IN
"Great Guitar!"
I fell in love with Ibanez guitars since my very first GSA60 model. This guitar is no exception. Great set-up from the factory and a very good sounds considering the stock pick-ups. Some might consider the red on block a cliche color combination but Ibanez leaves nothing out with the deep crimson color. Overall, if you're looking for something with a little more not clarity, throw some duncan's in it and it will sound way better than a $200 guitar. I love it!
20+ year guitar vet!
Metal/Rock
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 2, 2018 by Brandon P in Springfield, PA
"Excellent Bang For Your Buck"
This guitar is amazing at this price point. Needed very little setup out of the box. More of these cheaper Strat-style guitars should have a hardtail bridge like this does, far better tuning stability and amazing sustain.Stock pickups are a little on the dark side and lack clarity at high gain, however they do clean up very nice. With a set of Duncans this $230 axe could be a shred beast. Very impressed overall. Also this is my first Ibanez.
10 years exp. Guitar
Hair Metal
25 of 27 people (93%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 26, 2020 by B.A. G in Elizabethton, TN
"Can't go wrong with this guitar"
This guitar plays better than guitars I've paid triple the price for.Everything you need in a guitar is here. The only fault I have found is when playing, the volume knob seems to be a bit in the way,which makes me have to alter my hand position..especially when playing metal...If anyone is on the fence about this guitar...go ahead..you won't regret it.I also think this color scheme is my favorite...looks great...imoThe pick ups are solid..nice highs and lows..not dissatisfied at all..and I've not spoken with support so I cant comment....i would not hesitate to recommend this guitar to anyone from beginner to advanced..performs great.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 25, 2020 by Christopher Mixon in Jacksonville, FL
"Awesome guitar"
Bought this guitar the overall look is great love the shark finn inlays dropping some dragon fire crusaders pickups in it now should wake it considerably......\m/.....
20 year drummer, 10 years guitar
Metal

Submitted March 9, 2020 by Anthony L in Crawfordsville, IN
"Little work but love it!"
My wife got this guitar for me. I love this guitar!I have been a epiphone les paul fan for years. But my Ibanez blows it out of the water. I had to do a little adjusting to it but once I got it dialed it it Rocks! I also put heavier strings on it.
15 years semi professionally
Rock heavy metal

Submitted June 29, 2019 by Steven Thorp in Leesville, LA
"Budget guitar with Superior Performance"
I am a fan of Ibanez for over 20 years. I love the look of this guitar. I have an RG I bought in 1997 and it still rocks today. This guitar came straight out of the box ready to play. I did go through the process of set up and intonation and found it the act was spot on. I only had to make small adjustment for intonation on two strings the 5th and 6th respectively. I oiled the frets and polished the body to protect the paint and started playing in the sound room within a hour of getting this guitar. I do recommend this guitar for all styles of playing.
Play off and on for 30 years. Electric Guitar is my preference. I jam at home but in the past played with other musicians.
I love Metal, Hard Rock, Southern Rock and Blues.
6 of 7 people (86%) people found this review helpful. Did you?