Ibanez AS73G Artcore Semi-Hollowbody Electric Guitar

Ibanez AS73G Artcore Semi-Hollowbody Electric Guitar

Perfect for anything from jazz to rock, the AS73G has tone in its DNA. The linden body adds bite, while the mellow Artcore humbuckers smooth everything out.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted January 13, 2020 by Johnathan Nance in Greenville, SC
"Exactly What I Expected"
I love hollowbodies, I am not a huge guy (about 180lbs, 5'10") so the shape and style of this 335-like guitar was perfect for me (I dont like the thicker bodies). The tone is superb, the bridge pickup has a lot of bite and the neck pickup can be dialed in for all the genres I play (RnB, Jazz, blues, and gospel). Versatile axe and I couldnt be happier with the purchase. I also bought the Gator Journeyman tweed case and it fits perfectly so I'd recommend that as a hardshell case option too. I opted for the Ivory White version of this guitar and it is very impressive with the gold hardware. Setup and action was very good right out of the box, I only changed the strings to D'addario NYXL 10s. Reliable and fun guitar, industry sound. Exactly what I get everytime I buy an Ibanez.
professional, producer, solo artist, also contributes to several cover bands
RnB, Jazz, Gospel, Blues, Rock, Pop
13 of 13 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 10, 2018 by Dave McCullough in Phoenix, AZ
"My first Ibanez"
Been looking into this guitar for quite some time. Always wanted a 335 type guitar, now I got one - couldn't be happier.
Played nice right out of the box - no issues.
Seems to be as well made as any of the other guitar that I own. Fairly sure that it won't fall apart anytime soon.
Definitely worth the price.
N/A
For me, the guitar looked understated and classy - just my style. So, it has serious WOW factor in my book.
20+ yrs.
Rock, Blues, Jazz., etc ...
12 of 12 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 19, 2020 by Michael C in Pensacola, FL
"Gorgeous Semi-Hollow"
Guitar arrived well packaged and undamaged in 3 days. Super impressed with this guitar. Love the gold hardware, sold me instantly. Plays great and sounds even better. The cream binding everywhere is an awesome touch.
10 year guitarist, hobbyist.
Alternative, chill hop, R&B, Jazz
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 4, 2018 by Scott P in Fort Wayne, IN
"First semi hollow"
Love this guitar! Perfect setup right out of the box. I have had trouble putting this thing down. The sound is good unplugged and amazing through my amp. I'm blown away by the overall quality of this guitar...and it is very cool to look at!
I'm a beginner and started playing 4 months ago.
Rock and Blues
12 of 13 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 15, 2018 by Joey Solebello in Fort Myers, FL
"Versatile Guitar. A Little Heavy. Or Am I a Little Weak."
I am using this through the Boss Katana 50, as a first time electric. It weighs almost 13 pounds, and the $6 Ernie Ball strap I have is a little rough. I don't have any complaints, really. The 2 tone and volume knobs, plus the 3 position switch make it able to get a bunch of variety of sounds in your playing. The neck / fretboard is cozy and very playable. It has great sustain. It's great on the Katana, getting great acoustic, bluesy and metal tones. Rock on, Ibanez!
Intermediate skill, self taught, beginning advanced practice
Jazz, blues rock and metal
11 of 16 people (69%) people found this review helpful. Did you?