Ibanez Artcore Expressionist AM93QM Semi-Hollowbody Electric Guitar
ONLY 3 LEFT

Ibanez Artcore Expressionist AM93QM Semi-Hollowbody Electric Guitar

The Artcore Expressionist AM93QM is ideal for gigging players, with versatile Super 58 Custom pickups and a Quik Change III tailpiece for fast re-stringing.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted November 17, 2019 by Jason G in The Villages, FL
"Fantastic Guitar"
First, condition on arrival. Not well packed, but no damage. Covered with what looked like sawdust, but wiped off easily. It required a truss rod adjustment, and had oxidation on all frets. Strings were not fresh. Came with Allen wrench and booklet. Corrective action. The guitar truss rod cover slides open so you don’t have to remove it. I had take out relief. I took it from 2.7 mm to 2 mm, and the action was then nice with no buzz. That’s a sign it was constructed properly. Removing the strings was easy with the tailpiece, and I now think all brands should do it that way. Cleaned guitar, polished frets lightly with 0000 steel wool, moisturized the fretboard. When I got it tuned up, it then played great. I debated about a semi hollow, I looked at all the models available on zZounds, and in this price range, I don’t think you can go wrong if it is not defective. So if it is built well, and just needs a quick tweak, doesn’t require professional help, it will be good. This model is light but solid. Features. The electronics all work smoothly and are tight, nice taper to the pots, and it is dead silent. The body is a great size, not as big as the 335 style. Has a lot of open ring and sustain. The neck reminds me of my D-28, but is not quite that size, it feels great. Substantial but quick enough. The frets polished up with little effort, and the fret ends are right, so I don’t feel them. The tuners seemed cheap at first, but they actually are functioning correctly. Solid and it is staying in tune. The intonation is really so close that I can’t hear anything needing adjustment. It’s staying in tune and playing in tune. Sounds. I honestly don’t know where they should be as far as height, so I played, and I just raised them 1 turn. Perfect, and it plays with different pickup selections with consistent volume. The pickups are warm, but articulate and respond to dynamics well. They are not the same as PAFs. But I didn’t want those, I wanted to have them start with mellower tones, and they do, but then I can brighten things up with the bridge, or more with the eq on my amp and pedals. I love the sound of them. I have a Mustang GT 40, and a Princeton RRI. The 65 twin model, and several tones through the tube amp have been a lot better than I expected. The highest gain so far was a Dirty Little Secret into the Princeton, medium, and it’s great. I can tell that I can go up to say, Duane Allman cooking slide tones easily, but slip back to B.B. and then George Benson and that is the range I was hoping for. Whether quiet and warm clean up to a maximum of ABB, with a semi hollow tone character, this attractive comfortable guitar is just great and I think it’s a good value. I think you would be better off than with say an Epiphone 335, but it’s not exactly the same sound, but this seems like the quality is a bit above to. The depth of the body is a touch thinner but it really rings when strummed. I am really pleased that I could adjust it easily, that it is staying in tune properly, and that it has a nice nice voice with a little versatility. I am very happy with the feel and sound, and I can’t think of one thing I wish was better.
Guitar, 20 years. I am not a pro but I am not bad.
I like so many types of music that I have trouble keeping track. But for guitar, I like blues rock, jazz, hard rock and metal, a
18 of 18 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 22, 2019 by RICHARD McCOIG in Columbia, SC
"A WORKHORSE SEMI"
THE FIT AND FINISH ON THIS WERE AWESOME. JET BLUE BURST. I PUT ON A SET OF 10S AND DID A SETUP. JUST A WONDERFUL INSTRUMENT . THE SUPER 58 PICKUPS SERVE WELL. I PLAY MANY DIFFERENT STYLES AND THIS COVERS THEM ALL. SO GLAD I MADE THIS PURCHASE.
BEEN PLAYING SEMI-PROFESSIONAL SINCE I WAS A TEENAGER. PLAY GUITAR, BASS AND DRUMS
CLASSIC ROCK, FUNK, COUNTRY, BLUES AND POP/DANCE
10 of 11 people (91%) people found this review helpful. Did you?