When you call, mention priority code 20C-GQNV

Rating and Reviews: Hohner The 64 Chromonica

Unleash the full range of your harmonica ability with four complete chromatic octaves. The Chromonica is Stevie Wonder's preferred style of harmonica!

"Hohner The 64 Chromonica Harmonica" submitted November 15, 2013

By Traian C in Redlands, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing harmonica since primary school but only occasionally.I like symphonic music and progressively more chamber .
Music Style: Chamber music,mainly string trios and quartets.
Overall: Have been playing as an amateur many types of diatonic harmonicas.I like symphonic music and improvisations on different Leitmotiven.Therefore I decided to try a chromatic harmonica and now I am very happy with the decision made.This is a superior sound,enhancing the musical expressivity.But Progress takes time,which is a great interpretative pleasure.

"If you already know how to play the harmonica or you want to learn how to play the harmonica, and you don't already own one, it" submitted November 23, 2011

Musical Background: 45 years-Harmonica, organ, accordian
Music Style: country, contemporary
Sound: I received my first 64 chromonica at age sixteen from my dad who played as well as any professional that i have ever heard. Iam sixty-four now. The sixty-four chromonica is compatible with any music style that you wish to play, and sounds good in any acoustic setting. Played with a microphone and a good amplifier it really will surprise you. One other point that I would like to make is that you can play music in other keys rather easily with a little practice even though this harmonica is in the key of c. Feature: The most useful features 0f the 64-chromonica to me is the ease of maintainence. There are no least useful features that I have ever experienced. Ease of Use: This harmonica is built for great sound! If you compare the sound of the 64-chromonica with other models and types (including other Hohner models, you will understand what I mean.) The 64-chromonica require little air. Anyone with a keen desire to learn to play the harmonica can teach themselves how to play. All that it takes is patientence and practice. This ia a professional instrument. It can be played with any type of band or instrument and it will sound great! Quality: The Hohner 64-chromoica is very well made and extremely reliable. My chromonica has lasted me for ten years now. It is still in perfect tune and looks as nice as the day I bought it. Value: In my opinion the 64-chromonica is under priced. The Wow Factor: I would rate this product a 10 out of 10. Just the sound of this instrument makes you want to play it. Overall: I would not even consider looking for another product! If it were lost or stolen I would replace it with another 64-chrominca.
64 of 67 people (95.52%) found this review helpful. Did you?

""Me and my Partner-- the Hohner 64 Chromonica" !!" submitted August 24, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Lover of music.
Music Style: Nameless!
Sound: The Hohner 64 Chromonica is the cadiliac of the harmonica family - in other words--"The Tops!! I've been the proud owner of one for many years (I'm 87 and have been playin' the harp since I was a young'un}. When I graduated to the chromatic instrument (self-taught) -- the fuller joy of melodic expression was experienced!! The sounds, the range, the flexibility to express uniqueness in my renditions -- makes it a prized possession!! I record some of my efforts -- using my iMac and CD-burning features -- and get very good results!! Not professional -- but ample! I get various compliments from time to time -- but the major reason is not mine, alone -- but to the Hohner 64 Chromonica that is my constant companion!! Thank you, Hohner -- from me and my Chromonica!! Feature: The Hohner 64 is a perfect "stand alone" instrument. The only accessory needed -- is the player!! Ease of Use: The harmonica is one of the easiest instruments to generate unique sounds -- limited only by the players' breath and breath-control and the players' inventive "holds" and personal styling-- aside from microphones and amplifiers! Quality: Hohner deserves much credit in building and maintaining decades of leadership in producing top-of-the-line instruments. It is obviously tops in portability for "on the road" events -- and for just about any event or instant that may present itself - (I've played "taps", solo, on occasion, "Oh! Promise Me" at weddings, etc.) Value: In many respects the Hohner 64 Chromonica , to me is priceless!! There are a couple of other producers of chromatic harmonicas but they don't come close to the overall character of the Hohner 64 Chromonica !! Manufacturer Support: I have never had the occasion to contact the company or any reps -- but have always felt that they would be "top-of-the-line" in that aspect, too!! The need for repair or info has never required "professional" assistance --- I've been able to clean, make minor adjustments and minor upkeep chores on my own very effectively. The Wow Factor: The quality features of the Hohner 64 Chromonica are complete in every regard - appearance, feel, construction details, brightness of tone, response to lever-actions!! All important things that we harmonica buffs would want -- are provided for in the specs of the Hohner 64 Chromonica!! Overall: I expect my Hohner 64 Chromonica to outlast me!! (I'm 87). If it doesn't, I'll be certain that I'd buy another Hohner 64 Chromonica replacement --- no other, I assure you!! I like the way it responds to my particular antics -- we play together - - nothing else matters when expressing our mutual responses -- they seem to build on each other -- and VOILA!! Music!!
55 of 58 people (94.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great instrument" submitted November 17, 2012

By Tyson G in Chubbuck, ID
Musical Background: Play at home multiple instruments
Overall: I thought I new how to play the Harmonica until I played on this dream. The amazing things you can do with this Harmonica will allow even the most experienced player to grow and learn. Simply an amazing tool of music.

"Beautiful instrument in every way!" submitted February 25, 2015

By Hans K H
Overall
Musical Background: I am 65 and started playing as a child on Tenor and Alto Sax. Played bass professionally for 22 years.
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Americana, Pop
Overall: I bought this harmonica from zZounds a few months ago and just love it. It plays beautifully, feels nice when you hold it and has a bright tone in the higher register which I like. I haven't played chromatic for decades but decided to get back into it. I have been working on 'Round Midnight by Thelonius Monk and this instrument sings when I don't make a mistake! I was a pro bassist for 22 years but I am only an amateur on harmonica. However, I know what great jazz harmonica should sound like so this one should please. The great Toots played Hohner I believe. The Suzuki might be my next acquisition as it is mellower and would be fun to play also.

When you call, mention priority code 20C-GQNV. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449