HeadRush Pedalboard Guitar Multi-Effects Processor

HeadRush Pedalboard Guitar Multi-Effects Processor

The HeadRush puts Eleven Rack amp sims and effects modeling at your feet with a 7" color touchscreen. Drag & drop to build your dream rigs, plug in and play.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted April 2, 2020 by Andrew Bleakley in Marana, AZ
"This thing is amazing"
Ok so first off I’m new to this thing, I never thought I get away from tube amps, but....this headrush caught my attention and I love it! I like the simplicity of it and it produces great models plus sounds really authentic for what it does. I will recommend pairing with headrush frfr108 or frfr 12 or a frfr (Full range flat response) speaker instead of an amp. That way you get the absolute most out of this. I got the headrush frfr108 and it’s sounds amazing! too. As far as the headrush’s competition I haven’t used them yet. But end of the day it’s all personal preference. Pros..Easy to use Touchscreen is vibrant and responsive Great models and sounds Effects are easy to map Creating rigs is fun!Easy to carry than those heavy ampsWell built durable The oled switch labels with color choice is niceCons...There is a little bit of a learning curve but plenty of resources to learn fromNot the most portable but they do have a smaller more gig friendly version just no built in pedalNot exactly ideal for hooking into a tube amp (even a 4 cable method) just seems I don’t know extra ...Overall this thing is a beast of a board. For the price definitely a quality choice ! May not have all the sounds and models others do. But I don’t think that was their aim. Quality over quantity if you ask me. Highly recommend
The sound on this board is amazing, I fee it’s also very responsive to your playing and you get that responsive feedback. Makes me feel like it’s easier and more joyful to play my guitar. I will say this you have to tweak settings to get your sound typically the pre made ones aren’t the best.
12 of 12 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 29, 2019 by JK Richard in Orlando, FL
"Yes and YES!"
I own a complete suite of HeadRush products (Looperboar, Gigboard, and now: PedalBoard). If you’re on the fence between the gigboard or the pedalboard — my personal preference is for the pedalboard. With the built in expresssions pedal, capability of adding a second pedal - and the additional knobs for tweaking the on screen parameters vice double tapping a pedal or cab or amp to get into the parameters — the Pedalboard feels that much more streamlined. Touchscreen makes this far less intimidating than other modelers - easy to see pedal chain, easy to move around in the chain, easy to change settings, makes scenes. Pedalboard (like gigboard ) allows you to load IR (impulse response) files that come with pre-installed, or load custom IRs. Highly recommend the frfr cabs, you’ll love the stereo effects if you get two frfr cabs.
Multi instrumentalist: guitar, bass, Latin percussion
Rock, jazz, blues, lo-fi, Latin music
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 17, 2017 by T Perry in Katy, TX
"You have to tweak it but boi is it awesome"
After several weeks of listening to demo videos on you tube I decided to buy the headrush . Let me say after 5 min of playing it I was tempted to send it back , because the stock rigs sound thin ........ after about 5 min of moving around pedals and and trying different amps this beast came alive OMG ! The sounds will come alive with minor tweaks,you really an create your own tones that not only sound good they feel organic. This pedal feels your playing thru a real amp . I love the bias fx like interface really easy to use and a adventure to create rigs uponMan I sat in the middle of the floor for 2 hrs riffing on a rig I created ! So don’t be discouraged with the stock presets they ah suck But the sounds you create are cd quality in tone on the headrush!
Professional jazz guitarist
Jazz, Metal, funk
18 of 19 people (95%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 29, 2018 by Mickey Sanker in Cumberland Furnace, TN
"* The Wow Facto is here. "
Very nice pedalboard. It is good for live or in a studio. I downloaded two Celstion speaker IRs. I was even able to design my own using a DAW. It is very cool right of the box, however, I would recommend going to http://www.headrushfx.com/ and downloading the newest updates you will get more of everything.
Audio Engineer over 30 years.
All
16 of 17 people (94%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 13, 2018 by Jesse Smarslok in Jacksonville, FL
"This thing really slays"
To preface this review I would like to say that I am not much of a tone snob, even with tones that I myself would not want to use, I can differentiate bad tone from something that isn't my taste. With that being said when approaching your purchase of an amp modelling device you must know that ALL OF THESE DEVICES ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS THE TIME YOU ARE WILLING TO PUT IN TO ACHIEVE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR! The Headrush board is incredible for the players who want to spend more time jamming vs. fiddling with settings, but don't think you won't find yourself playing with it for hours, the goal of this board is to give you more usable sounds quicker to get you experimenting. With all the options that each of these products offers it is very easy to start doing things you might not ever even use and that does cause a disconnect with players when you spend hours trying to dial in something specific and come up with a whole lot of nothing. I ordered my HeadRush from here and have been jamming on it for about a month, in that time the first of my 2 bands have all purchased a HeadRush due to the amazing tone they were each able to dial in with just 10 minutes of playtime each. So to end this review, bite the bullet and pick one, zZounds offers an awesome 45 day return policy for most of their products, and if you pick a HeadRush...... YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED
15 years of music production/ engineering, 13 years of guitar playing
Metal, post-hardcore, metal-core, Rock, Acoustic Jams
13 of 14 people (93%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 14, 2020 by Jeremy W in Richland, WA
"I've had the Kemper and Axe Fx Ultra--this thing blows them away"
Everything about this thing rocks. Make sure you use the Celestion IR's (2 included). I spent another $20 on a couple more IR packs from Celestion, and it was worth far more than that. It was just OK, but now this thing sounds better than anything else in this category that I've had or played. My buddy is wanting to sell his Ax8 to get this unit for ease of use and incredible sound quality. You won't be sorry if you buy this thing. Just take the time to download the IR's, which is super easy.
Touring and session guitarist in the past, but now session and church to keep my fam together.
Rock, Pop, Country, Worship
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 29, 2017 by Wesley Boas in Columbus, IN
"Just a nudge under awesome"
I play in a weekend warrior cover band, and needed to have more tones than mild crunch - overdrive. I am very pleased with the Headrush. Just like everyone else has said, touchscreen is intuitive, easy to find good to very good stock tones. I enjoy plugging direct in to our mixer in stereo. Going direct and stereo really makes the "chorus/vibrato/delay" effects pop. I monitor with earbuds and a headphone amp so no stage volume = no feedback issues from my rig. If you want great sounding tones, and there are plenty to get, you have to pay a 3rd party for IR's and patches. Which is my biggest concern with the unit. It's a slippery slope that a tone hunter could easily drop a $150 or more into the 3rd party software. Unfortunately you have to buy then try the IR/Patch most of the time. Very little free content is being offered. But it looks like all of the other similar platforms are doing the same. I can't comment on Headrush vs. (helix,axefx,bias,etc.) as I have never heard those other units. I can tell you I have been told by other guitar players that this rig sounds great in my band. Guys are coming up and checking it out while I am playing, because they don't see an amp, and are amazed at the looks and sounds. Is it a JCM800, Nope. But this thing really rocks , sounds great, has a thousand different pedals, and is very affordable.
Hobbyist
Classic rock.
12 of 13 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 22, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Better than the 11rack"
Okay, I have had the Avid 11r for years, and it was great, even with the annoyances, like having to have a separate midi board for foot control among other things, they were fixed in the Headrush.On the 11r the tuner was always a touch twitchy, the Headrush is solid and can be seen from outer space. Another improvement, if you can count to ten while walking, you can operate a lot of the functions without reading the manual (but I do recomend it).Pedals and cab sims, they added a few, but, the old ones are still there if you have rigs you already like and want to transfer over. Volume, another improvement, the 11r you had to watch your settings or it disabled the volume controls, you had to go into menus and it sucked. Headrush, volume control right on top, so you can raise your amp volume and still control from the HeadrushThe presets, well, they suck, but, they suck less than the 11r, there is probably 150 or so that with a few adjustments are decent and useable.Outputs, so many, from 1/4 to XLR and USB. I have the 4 cable (suggest it highly, but dont forget to add a FX loop into your rig), I am using the XLR straight to the AMP and the USB for recordingIf you are thinking this will be a cooler Boss ME50 or 80, you are dead wrong, that would be like comparing the options in a 1970 car to a 2020 fully loaded, it can be easy, and you can develop into more intricate.So the sound, love it, some adjustments to my amp and cab, blows everything away. I have my main guitar, and amp I have zero intention of upgrading, this now made the list, something would have to be totally beyond belief, this thing is fantastic,If you are on the fence, but it, portable enough for a blues jam instead of carrying a bunch of pedals, and good enough if you are a live band.One feature I left out, you can organize a set list in an order you want to simply click up and down

Submitted July 31, 2019 by Carlos Salgado in Yuma, AZ
"Great Pedalboard"
I bought this pedalboard about a year ago and now I can truly give a review based on my experience with it. The pedal board is very well constructed, it's heavy at 16 lbs but it feels strong and road ready. The sound is amazing and the programming is not as hard as it may seem, pick create new rig and start adding amps or effects and tweak them save them and done. Of course you can explore more into it but it does take time and dedication. I did have an issue after I upgraded the firmware to the 1.2 version, after that my pedal wasn't being recognized by any PC even using different cables and also different operating systems. I contacted support via e-mail and I never got a response which I was beginning to doubt their customer service until I used the "chat" with support and that was more helpful. I told them about my pedal and right away they sent an e-mail withe and RA number for me to return it with paid shipping and to my surprise I received a brand new pedal even before I sent the old one back which help me because I already gotten rid of the original packaging. That made me change my mind about their customer service, I still think they should respond to e-mail requests. The new pedal had firmware version 2.0 and they fixed many things on it like the tail changing rigs and being able to still hear the delays or reverb of the previous rig. In my experience other than the firmware update issue, it's been a great tool for me, I take it on tour and I've been able to get the sounds I want out of it.
Been playing professional for over 20 years
Regional Mexican
8 of 9 people (89%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 11, 2019 by Jeffrey M in Chicago, IL
"F’n Awesome"
To start off I have owned the Helix floor unit and sold it. It was challenging to update, and it had some dropouts and didn’t feel right for me. It was kinda overkill and expensive. Now I just got the HeadRush Pedalboard about a week ago. When I first used it I was a little surprised that it didn’t sound as good as the Helix. But going to the categories like clean crunch heavy tones this thing came to life and with better sound than the Helix, easier firmware updates, easier to create tones with the touchscreen, better looking, laid out better better user interface imho it’s better than Helix and also it’s cheaper in price not quality. And Headrush has 2 frfr speakers that are so reasonably priced. I have not tried them but I’m sure they sound good. 2 thumbs up. I made the right purchase. And with zZounds' payment plans it’s a no brainer!
Jam at home
6 of 7 people (86%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 24, 2020 by Raul P in Beeville, TX
"headrush pedal board"
Fantastic piece of gear!!! Easy to use right out of box! Stunning sounds!
Ive playing guitar for most of my life....i play mainly on weekends and jam at home 24/7.
i play blues, rock, country, and conjunto music!

Submitted December 7, 2017 by Walt Metts in Wilmington, NC
"Not worth the expensive price tag"
I've been using a Digitech RP 1000 for the past 5 years performing live. I bought the Headrush as an upgrade. The touchscreen is useful but for the money...it doesn't sound any better. The only 3 things I like about it over my RP is total silent switching, the delay and verb 'tail' function and no wall wart. I like the fact I can use my RP with my amp and the amp loop puts my amp's preamp in proper line with the FX. The Headrush does not have this feature. I find my RP is easier to program too. The Headrush is also heavy. Almost as heavy as my Carvin V3M combo. While it looks cool and has the wow factor, that's about it for me. I'm returning it and getting a new guitar instead. It is built like a tank and I gave it high marks for quality. The $100 gig bag is a joke too.
I've been a working guitarist for 30 years
rock
12 of 28 people (43%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 14, 2020 by Greg E in Two Harbors, MN
"Crash and Burn"
After a Firmware Update complete system failure.corupt files.on a Mac computer headrush shortcut revealed no files on system.guitar center where purchased cant help headrush.fx support no return of support of any kind.not as much as an email.but my credit card company stepped in and they are taking care of this terrible blunder of a purchase I made.
20 years guitarist
Stoner rock.
3 of 4 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 30, 2020 by a customer from tampabay.rr.com
"Great item if you have lots studio time or dealt with the digital side otherwise useless"
I could not buy any extra instructions for this item. Manual was pitiful for someone who has never used a product before. Took 5 working days for anyone from head rush to answer their phone when they finally answered they were no help. I offered to pay for any instructions that starts from the get go. No stores in the Tampa area that sell this problem could operate it no better than I which means they could not navigate through the equipment. I would love to learn how it saves me a great deal of space. Sad that I can not even find somebody That I would be willing to pay for the time. The instruction manual is not in sequence but jumps around which makes it very hard to follow. Sad I bought it and for the unit 2 speakers cables and I can not find any one to explain it better and for the money I spent to buy this they could have added a CDR with aa start to the finish instructions.
2 of 5 people (40%) people found this review helpful. Did you?