map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 200-H91D

Rating and Reviews: HeadRush Pedalboard Guitar FX

The HeadRush puts Eleven Rack amp sims and effects modeling at your feet with a 7" color touchscreen. Drag & drop to build your dream rigs, plug in and play.

"Just a nudge under awesome" submitted December 29, 2017

By Wesley B. in Columbus, IN
Overall
Music Style: Classic rock.
Overall: I play in a weekend warrior cover band, and needed to have more tones than mild crunch - overdrive. I am very pleased with the Headrush. Just like everyone else has said, touchscreen is intuitive, easy to find good to very good stock tones. I enjoy plugging direct in to our mixer in stereo. Going direct and stereo really makes the "chorus/vibrato/delay" effects pop. I monitor with earbuds and a headphone amp so no stage volume = no feedback issues from my rig. If you want great sounding tones, and there are plenty to get, you have to pay a 3rd party for IR's and patches. Which is my biggest concern with the unit. It's a slippery slope that a tone hunter could easily drop a $150 or more into the 3rd party software. Unfortunately you have to buy then try the IR/Patch most of the time. Very little free content is being offered. But it looks like all of the other similar platforms are doing the same. I can't comment on Headrush vs. (helix,axefx,bias,etc.) as I have never heard those other units. I can tell you I have been told by other guitar players that this rig sounds great in my band. Guys are coming up and checking it out while I am playing, because they don't see an amp, and are amazed at the looks and sounds. Is it a JCM800, Nope. But this thing really rocks , sounds great, has a thousand different pedals, and is very affordable.

"This thing is amazing" submitted April 2, 2020

By Andrew B. in Marana, AZ
Overall
Sound: The sound on this board is amazing, I fee it’s also very responsive to your playing and you get that responsive feedback. Makes me feel like it’s easier and more joyful to play my guitar. I will say this you have to tweak settings to get your sound typically the pre made ones aren’t the best. Overall: Ok so first off I’m new to this thing, I never thought I get away from tube amps, but....this headrush caught my attention and I love it! I like the simplicity of it and it produces great models plus sounds really authentic for what it does. I will recommend pairing with headrush frfr108 or frfr 12 or a frfr (Full range flat response) speaker instead of an amp. That way you get the absolute most out of this. I got the headrush frfr108 and it’s sounds amazing! too. As far as the headrush’s competition I haven’t used them yet. But end of the day it’s all personal preference. Pros..Easy to use Touchscreen is vibrant and responsive Great models and sounds Effects are easy to map Creating rigs is fun!Easy to carry than those heavy ampsWell built durable The oled switch labels with color choice is niceCons...There is a little bit of a learning curve but plenty of resources to learn fromNot the most portable but they do have a smaller more gig friendly version just no built in pedalNot exactly ideal for hooking into a tube amp (even a 4 cable method) just seems I don’t know extra ...Overall this thing is a beast of a board. For the price definitely a quality choice ! May not have all the sounds and models others do. But I don’t think that was their aim. Quality over quantity if you ask me. Highly recommend

"Great Pedalboard" submitted July 31, 2019

By Carlos S. in Yuma, AZ
Musical Background: Been playing professional for over 20 years
Music Style: Regional Mexican
Overall: I bought this pedalboard about a year ago and now I can truly give a review based on my experience with it. The pedal board is very well constructed, it's heavy at 16 lbs but it feels strong and road ready. The sound is amazing and the programming is not as hard as it may seem, pick create new rig and start adding amps or effects and tweak them save them and done. Of course you can explore more into it but it does take time and dedication. I did have an issue after I upgraded the firmware to the 1.2 version, after that my pedal wasn't being recognized by any PC even using different cables and also different operating systems. I contacted support via e-mail and I never got a response which I was beginning to doubt their customer service until I used the "chat" with support and that was more helpful. I told them about my pedal and right away they sent an e-mail withe and RA number for me to return it with paid shipping and to my surprise I received a brand new pedal even before I sent the old one back which help me because I already gotten rid of the original packaging. That made me change my mind about their customer service, I still think they should respond to e-mail requests. The new pedal had firmware version 2.0 and they fixed many things on it like the tail changing rigs and being able to still hear the delays or reverb of the previous rig. In my experience other than the firmware update issue, it's been a great tool for me, I take it on tour and I've been able to get the sounds I want out of it.

"You have to tweak it but boi is it awesome" submitted October 17, 2017

By T P. in Katy, TX
Musical Background: Professional jazz guitarist
Music Style: Jazz, Metal, funk
Overall: After several weeks of listening to demo videos on you tube I decided to buy the headrush . Let me say after 5 min of playing it I was tempted to send it back , because the stock rigs sound thin ........ after about 5 min of moving around pedals and and trying different amps this beast came alive OMG ! The sounds will come alive with minor tweaks,you really an create your own tones that not only sound good they feel organic. This pedal feels your playing thru a real amp . I love the bias fx like interface really easy to use and a adventure to create rigs uponMan I sat in the middle of the floor for 2 hrs riffing on a rig I created ! So don’t be discouraged with the stock presets they ah suck But the sounds you create are cd quality in tone on the headrush!
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"* The Wow Facto is here. " submitted January 29, 2018

By Mickey S. in Cumberland Furnace, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Audio Engineer over 30 years.
Music Style: All
Overall: Very nice pedalboard. It is good for live or in a studio. I downloaded two Celstion speaker IRs. I was even able to design my own using a DAW. It is very cool right of the box, however, I would recommend going to http://www.headrushfx.com/ and downloading the newest updates you will get more of everything.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Yes and YES!" submitted November 29, 2019

By JK R. in Orlando, FL
Musical Background: Multi instrumentalist: guitar, bass, Latin percussion
Music Style: Rock, jazz, blues, lo-fi, Latin music
Overall: I own a complete suite of HeadRush products (Looperboar, Gigboard, and now: PedalBoard). If you’re on the fence between the gigboard or the pedalboard — my personal preference is for the pedalboard. With the built in expresssions pedal, capability of adding a second pedal - and the additional knobs for tweaking the on screen parameters vice double tapping a pedal or cab or amp to get into the parameters — the Pedalboard feels that much more streamlined. Touchscreen makes this far less intimidating than other modelers - easy to see pedal chain, easy to move around in the chain, easy to change settings, makes scenes. Pedalboard (like gigboard ) allows you to load IR (impulse response) files that come with pre-installed, or load custom IRs. Highly recommend the frfr cabs, you’ll love the stereo effects if you get two frfr cabs.

"This thing really slays" submitted February 13, 2018

By Jesse S. in Jacksonville, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 15 years of music production/ engineering, 13 years of guitar playing
Music Style: Metal, post-hardcore, metal-core, Rock, Acoustic Jams
Overall: To preface this review I would like to say that I am not much of a tone snob, even with tones that I myself would not want to use, I can differentiate bad tone from something that isn't my taste. With that being said when approaching your purchase of an amp modelling device you must know that ALL OF THESE DEVICES ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS THE TIME YOU ARE WILLING TO PUT IN TO ACHIEVE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR! The Headrush board is incredible for the players who want to spend more time jamming vs. fiddling with settings, but don't think you won't find yourself playing with it for hours, the goal of this board is to give you more usable sounds quicker to get you experimenting. With all the options that each of these products offers it is very easy to start doing things you might not ever even use and that does cause a disconnect with players when you spend hours trying to dial in something specific and come up with a whole lot of nothing. I ordered my HeadRush from here and have been jamming on it for about a month, in that time the first of my 2 bands have all purchased a HeadRush due to the amazing tone they were each able to dial in with just 10 minutes of playtime each. So to end this review, bite the bullet and pick one, zZounds offers an awesome 45 day return policy for most of their products, and if you pick a HeadRush...... YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I've had the Kemper and Axe Fx Ultra--this thing blows them away" submitted February 14, 2020

By Jeremy W. in Richland, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Touring and session guitarist in the past, but now session and church to keep my fam together.
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Country, Worship
Overall: Everything about this thing rocks. Make sure you use the Celestion IR's (2 included). I spent another $20 on a couple more IR packs from Celestion, and it was worth far more than that. It was just OK, but now this thing sounds better than anything else in this category that I've had or played. My buddy is wanting to sell his Ax8 to get this unit for ease of use and incredible sound quality. You won't be sorry if you buy this thing. Just take the time to download the IR's, which is super easy.

"F’n Awesome" submitted February 11, 2019

By Jeffrey M. in Chicago, IL
Musical Background: Jam at home
Overall: To start off I have owned the Helix floor unit and sold it. It was challenging to update, and it had some dropouts and didn’t feel right for me. It was kinda overkill and expensive. Now I just got the HeadRush Pedalboard about a week ago. When I first used it I was a little surprised that it didn’t sound as good as the Helix. But going to the categories like clean crunch heavy tones this thing came to life and with better sound than the Helix, easier firmware updates, easier to create tones with the touchscreen, better looking, laid out better better user interface imho it’s better than Helix and also it’s cheaper in price not quality. And Headrush has 2 frfr speakers that are so reasonably priced. I have not tried them but I’m sure they sound good. 2 thumbs up. I made the right purchase. And with zZounds' payment plans it’s a no brainer!

"headrush pedal board" submitted January 24, 2020

By Raul P. in Beeville, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Ive playing guitar for most of my life....i play mainly on weekends and jam at home 24/7.
Music Style: i play blues, rock, country, and conjunto music!
Overall: Fantastic piece of gear!!! Easy to use right out of box! Stunning sounds!

"Not worth the expensive price tag" submitted December 7, 2017

By Walt M. in Wilmington, NC
Musical Background: I've been a working guitarist for 30 years
Overall: I've been using a Digitech RP 1000 for the past 5 years performing live. I bought the Headrush as an upgrade. The touchscreen is useful but for the money...it doesn't sound any better. The only 3 things I like about it over my RP is total silent switching, the delay and verb 'tail' function and no wall wart. I like the fact I can use my RP with my amp and the amp loop puts my amp's preamp in proper line with the FX. The Headrush does not have this feature. I find my RP is easier to program too. The Headrush is also heavy. Almost as heavy as my Carvin V3M combo. While it looks cool and has the wow factor, that's about it for me. I'm returning it and getting a new guitar instead. It is built like a tank and I gave it high marks for quality. The $100 gig bag is a joke too.

When you call, mention priority code 200-H91D. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Viernes 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: