map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 20X-ZZRW

Rating and Reviews: HeadRush FRFR-112 Speaker Cab

Amplify the exact sound that comes out of your pedalboard or amp modeler, free of tonal coloration, with the HeadRush FRFR-112 powered guitar speaker.

"Great Value FRFR Speakers!" submitted September 20, 2018

By Alexander C. in Fitchburg, MA
Musical Background: Guitarist/Bassist
Overall: Overall: These speakers are an amazing value! They sounds just as good as any other FRFR speakers I've seen, and at the price, they're an absolute no-brainer. Designed for guitar multi-fx, but literally everything I've thrown at them sounds incredible. I've got two, and I run them in my backyard to play music. They are very loud, and have no problem filling a large space with sound.Features: They're a speaker in a box. Not a ton of features to be expected, although there are 2 volume-controllable XLR-1/4'' inputs, which is pretty nice. They've also got an output for daisy-chaining, but I have them running stereo, so I have no need for this.Quality: Pretty decent, especially for the price! The plastic casing seems sturdy enough to trust at gigs, although I haven't had the chance to yet. The metal grill is sturdy aswell, and has yet to dent, even after I've gotten my hands on a pair.Manufacturer Support: I've never had to contact the Manufacturer.Sound: Amazing! For a $300 speaker, these things really sound incredible. The day I got them, I literally sat there listening to my guitar's reverb tail off for what seemed like forever. Very low noise speakers, even at higher volumes.Ease of Use: They're a speaker. I'm confident you can figure them out. Value: These speakers are one of the best value FRFR speakers I've ever seen. I spent $600 on a pair, at a time where I was looking at other speakers that would have cost me double that.The Wow Factor: These speakers blew me away as soon as I plugged them in. Really a fantastic product, and I can't wait for Headrush to come out with a 4x12 cab version of these. I'd buy that in a heartbeat, get on it guys!

"Headrush FRFR...WOW." submitted September 18, 2018

By Matt D. in Lubbock, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I jam for a metalcore band named Through Life.
Music Style: Metal, rock, Christian worship
Overall: I have my POD HD500X running through the Headrush and even with the POD being a bit dated, it still sounds killer through the speaker. I’ve been using this setup for a metalcore/djent sound. I run my POD through the speaker and blast it at me with the speaker tiled like a floor monitor, while also having the signal go to the FOH via XLR out of the back of the speaker. It sounds massive and killer. The contour switch on the back definitely gives me more low end oomph when I need it on stage and doesn’t affect my signal to the house. Overall, it’s an amazing purchase and I’m glad I can leave the stack at home now!

"Very satisfied" submitted March 16, 2020

By Johnathan N. in simpsonville, SC
Musical Background: 20+ years, professional and session
Music Style: Christian, blues, rnb, rock, pop, jazz, party bands
Overall: I shopped for months comparing the Alto, Headrush, EV, and several other options. I actually purchased the Line 6 cabinet and was tremendously disappointed in it's output and tone. I tried a headrush 112 and absolutely loved it. People will say its really bassy but I prefer it, here's why. In the age of the new modelers taking over, some of us are still used to hearing that "amp like" air moving behind us and the headrush 12 makes me feel like there's still an amp on stage with me. Tip: if you have an issue with the bass, clean up your presets a tad: there are several ways to mitigate it (low cut on the amp models, low cut in the eq chain, low cut block in the chain, low cut on effects, and so on). Some will even say that adding low cut will screw your front-of-house sound, but thats not true either for the Helix, you just need to split your signal paths so that you can enjoy the speaker as a monitor and let the sound tech also do his job. I have used it all weekend as a monitor and also as my main stage amp, PLENTY of power. Im going to buy another just to run a stereo setup. Couldnt be happier. I do wish they made a speaker cover for it though.

"Buy 2 Headrush with any MIXER!!" submitted January 16, 2020

By Guillermo H. in Miami, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for 14 years and I've been playing from home to bands.
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Classical, Progressive Metalcore, Melodic metal, Death Metal.
Overall: Okay so let me start off by saying that for the price of the Headrush Frfr-112 is unbeatable. I waited until now to do the review because I wanted to test out the durability of the products and they still sound like when I first got them. I also bought a behringer 16 channel mixer from zZounds and I was able to fit from back tracking, vocals to guitars and keyboards in the mix at loud volumes and still kept clarity like in low volumes. Having 2 headrush speakers with a mixer is loud enough for shows PERIOD. I currently run a Kemper and a Line 6 Pod Hd500x through the mixer into both of my headrush frfr-112 speakers. Do I recommend the product!? Absolutely! And I also want to point out that you don't need a mixer to run your processors through the product. It will still sound great.

"Don’t just buy 1... BUY 2!" submitted November 29, 2019

By JK R. in Orlando, FL
Musical Background: Multi Instrumentalist: keys, guitar, bass, Latin percussion
Music Style: Rock, jazz, blues, lo-fi, Latin and world music.
Overall: I own 2 FRFR 112s. I live in a condo, my neighbors LOVE me. I initially started with just one cab, the second one really allowed the stereo effects of pedals and the HR pedalboard to shine through. For guitar, I typically use both ground lift and the mid-range shaping options on the back of the cab - this really gets rid of the ‘boxy’ sound I’ve seen in reviews. I’ve enjoyed running Strymon pedals through these as well (Guitar -pedals- cab) and I’m blown away how great these speakers sound. Really: buy 2!

"Blown away! If you are using a modler this thing will amaze you!" submitted February 12, 2020

By Scott M. in Hillsboro, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years performing and playing lead and rythm guitar in rock and metal music.
Music Style: Metallica, Slipknot, Tool, Disturbed, Statix-X, etc..
Overall: I am an old school rocker and it was hard for me to pull the trigger to move from my Mesa Boogie Triple Rec Full stack and Line 6 Vetta II stack to the Helix, but when I paired the helix up to this thing man did it sound great! I not want to get another one! My other guitarist plays an old Zoom pedal and it sounds great on this also. This thing can get super loud no issues keeping up with a hard hitting metal drummer. Amazing product! Buy it!

When you call, mention priority code 20X-ZZRW. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Miércoles 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: