Hammond SK-1 Keyboard Organ, 61-Key
ONLY 2 LEFT

Hammond SK-1 Keyboard Organ, 61-Key

At only 15 pounds, the SK-1 keyboard organ delivers what you want from a Hammond: mechanical drawbars, authentic Leslie simulation, Chorus Vibrato, and more.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 24, 2013 by Toby G in SANTA CRUZ, CA
"15 pound Hammond :-)"
I have a C3 & 122 Leslie in my studio that I've used for years to record but RARELY took it out on a gig. A friend (who has a B3 & XK3) purchased the SK-1 about a year ago and found it delightful sound wise and for traveling including flying, The Hammond features are real. Drawbars, leslie speed ramping, percussion, vibrato/chorus, waterfall keys, all right on. Programming presets is fairly easy. The other sounds a bonus although I haven't spend too much time with them. The acoustic piano sounds real good on stage as does the Rhodes an Wurlitzer. My compact rig including amp & stand I can move into a gig with one trip using a small folding hand truck. I'm very happy using the Boss expression pedal which is LOT more affordable than the Hammond offering. Did I say it only weighs 15 pounds? :-) Check out some of the Youtube demos online if you need convincing.
Playing professionally since 1968
Rock, Reggae, Blues, New Age, Jazz, Americana
47 of 50 people (94%) people found this review helpful. Did you?