Gretsch G2420 Streamliner Hollowbody Electric Guitar
BACK IN STOCK

Gretsch G2420 Streamliner Hollowbody Electric Guitar

Built for the guitarist yearning for something beyond the norm, the Gretsch Streamliner boasts high-output Broad'Tron humbuckers and a resonant hollow body.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted June 23, 2019 by bob k in Frederick, MD
"HOLY UNDERWEAR BATMAN!"
Bought this as a travel guitar, didn't want to subject my Eastman or Taylor solid wood guitars to the elements in the back of a silverado. I had originally ordered an Ibanez AG75 -- I like ibanez and have both an artstar and a talman bass, but the AG75 was nothing. Tried the Streamliner and I am blown away. Workmanship is amazing for the price. The pickups are really good -- they can generate jazz, blues and rockabilly twang for sure. I can't believe what a bargain this instrument is! Highly recommend this one. zZounds' exchange policy paid off for me in a big way. Great outfit.
play in an amateur jazz band, jam with friends. guitar, bass, some piano
jazz, blues, learning some rockabilly
11 of 11 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 24, 2020 by Bill Melvin in Portland, OR
"G2420"
Just received, inspected, and played my new G2420. Setting the action way low it plays as if I just had it set up and fret dressed professionally. Extremely comfortable and smooth action and feel. Perfectly clear pickups and surprisingly responsive body. Cosmetically flawless and tasteful. I do everything from reading bop heads out of the real book to Chet style. Not much into hard rock and never use distortion though I like a lot of players who do . Only use reverb and a little chorus but this guitar seems a lot more versatile than what I use. Mainly I like a clean simple jazz box and this is that with character. Tuners are butter smooth with no play. I have an Ibanez AF55 with which I'm perfectly satisfied but I couldn't resist risking $459.99. My preference is hollow archtops. In my opinion there are a jillion brands now importing high quality low priced instruments that really impress me. This is a beautiful jazz box for no money and although it's versatile it also satisfies my taste for uncluttered simplicity. The fact that it's visually stunning and tasteful is secondary but sure is nice, It came with inspection labels with check off lists hanging all over it and in the box and the attention to detail is some of the most impressive Ive seen.
Some professional experience and completed a one year conservatory course.
Jazz

Submitted April 30, 2020 by Paul P in Weaver, AL
"zZounds the best"
Returns Department is AAA efficient and honest. After I returned a guitar that I had purchased I decided this beautiful streamline is the guitar for me to play blues with. I have a custom built electric thats awesome . However was looking for that growl that Gretech produces . I ordered the Mahogany and its beautiful the craftsmanship is awesome .This guitar came set up right out of the box and the action is as good as my high end custom guitar. I carried it to my guitar man to look at and set up if need be. He took one look and said its set as good as it can be and that it was a great buy and guitar. I already knew this just wanted to show this beast off. Man its fun to play and gives me the sound that i'm looking for. Cant wait for my custom tube amp to be finished . What a combination it will be . Right now I'm using a Line 6 and it comes alive through it. but the Fender tube custom built amp will give a old time sound from the 50's . I'm an old timer and it works for me
Jam at home and with friends
Country, Blues and Southern Rock ( the real S R from the past)

Submitted February 10, 2020 by Lou P in Fairfield, OH
"Limitless"
....big bodied, blustery, softly purring, growling, snarling, mellow toned, beautiful, sexy, sultry, smoky, easy playing, lovely touch, musically versatile, raging, singing, crooning, soaring, comping...
15 years beginner. No one's ever heard of me except on Neptune.
Jazz like, rock-like, blueslike.