Gretsch G5220 Electromatic Jet BT Electric Guitar
BACK IN STOCK

Gretsch G5220 Electromatic Jet BT Electric Guitar

Capable of both clear tones and dirty distortion, the Gretsch G5220 Electromatic Jet BT electric guitar amplifies your playing with clarity and definition.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 8, 2018 by Vic Nolo in Houston, TX
"That Gretsch sound at an affordable price"
I’ve always wanted a Gretsch but had a had time playing them thier bridges are setup so high. Not this year. These new Gretsch guitar have a much lower neck that makes them so easy to play. A lot of the YouTube reviews say that this Gretsch guitar is a Gibson killer, even though I can not agree 100% with that statement, it can go toe to toe with my Gibson Limited Edition at 1/4 of the price. Which is a complete and pleasant surprise because this Gretsch immediately became my #2 go to guitar. The resonance the hollowbody produces is amazing, yes the Gretsch guitar is a hollowbody. I find myself actually playing the guitar unplugged for some time before I feel the need to plug it in. The binding on the body, neck and head stock a well done. Hardware feels top notch and I’m really digging the selector switch, might have to find something similar and install it on a couple of my Gibson’s. The controls are a bit different from what I’m use to but it’s not a bad thing, I’m actually enjoying having a master volume knob. Overall this is an amazing guitar for the price. This is my first Gretsch and I will not be my last. If you are looking at this guitar and you are not sure or on the fence about it, don’t be. This is definitely money well spent and it is definitely not leaving my collection.
18 of 18 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 3, 2018 by William Donaldson in Kuna, ID
"This is a awesome rock and metal machine!!!!"
I love this guitar i have les pauls, teles and a black beauty and a couple of strats . But all i got to say is this is my go to guitar now. I play old school punk and this guitar has a unique voice that soars with clarity and gets growling and dirty as well. The craftsmanship is something you would expect on guitars double this price and the set up was perfect out of the box. I couldn't be happier with this guitar i got the gold top and it is beautiful...the mahogany back is gorgeous and the gold is just sophisticated to the max. The black broadtron pick up are power houses and yet can switch to a jazzy tone just as easily as it can lay down all your Black flag and circle jerks power chords. The neck is very interesting it has a really flat feeling finger board the radius feel you get on gibson and fenders is non existent. However this lends itself to fast lead runs boarding on a shredder guitar...buy this guitar if you want a unique sound that wont let you down and at this price point it cannot be beat.
40 years
Punk and metal
36 of 37 people (97%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 3, 2018 by Johnny Horton in Haleyville, AL
""Awesome Guitar""
This is an awesome guitar both looks and playability. I was able to get a "Blemished" model reduced. I will say that I have yet to find any place that would cause this to be labeled as blemished. ZZ did a fantastic set up and the guitar only required tuning. Intonation was spot on and the guitar plays amazing. You will not be disappointed with this purchase. This is now my go to guitar. Thanks to ZZ and Gretsch
Playing for over 30 years, home, Church
Blues, Christian, rock
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 14, 2018 by Patrick D in Elkton, VA
"Fantastic guitar for the money!"
I've had this guitar for a couple weeks now, and I've been extremely impressed by it. It feels, plays, and sounds like a much more expensive guitar and I've not found another guitar in this price range that is this good. Sounds amazing straight into my Vox AC10 with a Celestion Greenback.
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 25, 2019 by Dean Caldwell in Malvern, AR
"Great guitar"
I bought the Casino Gold and it is beautiful. I pick this over my Gibson's and Fenders..This is my 4th Gretsch in my collection and all of them are exceptional. This one came in with the intonation perfect.....stays in tune day to day. It is in competition with my EPI 335 for playing time. I am totally happy with this purchase. Wonderful sounds through a Boss Cube.
57 years playing guitar, bass, drums, sax and clarinet
country and blues.....50's rock .....Motown
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 18, 2019 by charles deal in SAINT LOUIS, MO
"Love it!"
Quite pleased with this Gretsch, Thanks to zZounds I could afford to buy something I always wanted. These newer gretsch's have a nice low action. I like the BT's better than the FT's, although the BT's are quite as distinctive. This is one of those rare guitars that I won't need to buy upgrade parts for, I like it the way it is.
Long time tech, but I have been playing for about 2 years.
70's southern rock style, Mostly write my own stuff.
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 27, 2018 by Jason V in Brawley, CA
"Great Guitar!"
Awesome guitar, extremely underpriced, neck is perfect for me, out of the box it did need a little setup with the truss rod but other than that it was perfect, sounds amazing!
Rock, Blues, Reggae
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 17, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"G5220"
I bought this guitar here at zZounds and I couldn't be more pleased. It played like butter right out of the box. I am a guitar tech and I expected to have to make some adjustments, but none were needed. It has great highs and settings for every need. No fit or finish issues that I could find. I really think this guitar is a great value and a solid axe. If you are considering a single cut electric to gig with, this is it.

Submitted April 21, 2018 by David W in Charleston, SC
"Wicked Jet"
Fit and finish are much better than I expected, sounds amazing, pickups are phenomenal, especially if you like the heavier stuff! Knobs and switchgear could be more inspiring, but overall I'm quite pleased.
I've had a metal band, just play for fun now
Metal, rock, rockabilly, bluegrass
8 of 10 people (80%) people found this review helpful. Did you?