When you call, mention priority code 20Y-0D07
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 21 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Gretsch G5422G12

For jangly, chorus-y guitar tones with the warmth of a hollowbody, look no further than the Gretsch G5422G12, a double-cut electric with Filter'Tron pickups.

"A Beauty, both, Sight and Sound" submitted December 7, 2017

By Mikki Kennedy-LeFae in Colorado Springs, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Played for 51 yrs. Professional Musician, Studio work and On Stage, both in US and Abroad.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Classic Hard Rock, a little Blues, and Celtic Rock
Sound: The sound is absolutely spot on. The chime we all have come to love is there in spades. I play classic rock, a bit of classic hard rock and what my beloved wife calls Celtic Rock. The Gretsch fits in every sense of the word and adds a sonic dimension taking what and how I play to the next level. The guitar is absolutely gorgeous, pictures do not do it justice, but suffice it to say, it sounds far better than it looks. Feature: With an electric 12-string, EQ (tone and volume control) responsiveness is tantamount. The Gretsch controls are almost hyper sensitive, which for me is a real advantage. So, that is what I would say is most useful. The components fit the guitar perfectly. Someone, such as myself, being a tad biased where such is concerned, believes if it's not broken, why fix it. Go with what has worked reliably and Gretsch has done exactly that. Ease of Use: Well... it's as easy as strumming a chord or picking a note. Granted, when you play through a Marshall full stack, it's not hard at all. Even unplugged, the Gretsch is a sonic powerhouse. Quality: Given the fact, it is a higher end instrument, um... YEAH, it is well made, the fit and finish is immaculate, attention to detail, even the most minute detail is down right flawless. Gretsch has been building uncompromisingly high quality instruments for decades, and the G5422G12 is the epitome of this. Value: This guitar is worth every penny... and more. I am quite surprised it isn't selling for more, given the quality of the guitar. Manufacturer Support: As of yet, no, I've not had need to reach Gretsch's support team, other than to ask some technical questions, before I purchased the G5422G-12. But they answered my querie the same day as I posed it. The Wow Factor: This is a guitar that will turn heads, not only because of its looks, but because of its sound. It looks expensive, and to some, little under a grand in price might be expensive. Its elegant rich and classy appearance makes it stand out. On stage, it will draw the attention of the audience, both guitarists and non-players. And the minute it rings out, the audience will be riveted, by the classic gorgeous sound of its voice. Overall: 50 years ago, I picked up my first 12-String, an Alvarez Acoustic and it was on that I learned to play guitar. Since then, I have had an Epiphone 12-string,(which I carried with all through Vietnam), an Ovation clone,(acoustic electric), a Dean Boca electric 12-string, a Martin 12-string, (I currently own, acoustic electric), and now the Gretsch G5422G12 Electromatic. By far, this is, other than my Martin, the finest electric 12-string, I have had the priviledge to play and I've played some wonderful 12-strings. If you're a fan of 12-strings, you owe it to yourself, to acquire one of these amazing and beautiful guitars. As with any guitar, it takes time to become completely familiar, (if that's even possible), but thus far, I could not be more pleased and excited.

"Gretsch ya did it right!" submitted January 13, 2017

By Jay M in South OC, CA
Overall
Musical Background: a guitar owner trying hard to be a player
Music Style: Classic rock, blues and some country too...
Overall: I had at one time a G6122-12 string Professional model that was an amazing guitar. So amazing I was terrified to take out and gig with it bcuz of the fear of someone in the crowd would somehow destroy it. I finally sold it and have hunted for a 12 string ever since. Messed with an older 12 string Strat and a couple of others but nothing clicked.Just got the new Electromatic 12 string form Gretsch. They nailed it. ALl the class and style of a professional model at 1/3 the cost. They moved that ugly "Electromatic" from the head stock down to a tasteful placement on the pick guard. Nicely done.The guitar was shipped from zZounds quickly and safely without issue as is their norm. The guitar itself felt fine from the get go. I did change the strings but other than that the guitar was readily playable.It is a tad neck heavy but what 12 string isn't? Is it noticeable....not with a good strap that doesn't slip. The tone is solid, chimey as a 12 string should be. No its not a RIc but its not 3 grand either. The pickups are more than fine for what I need so I won't mess with them. The sound is pure 12 string gold. For a player like myself this fits the bill for those times a 12 string adds the "sound" a song calls for, looks spectacular, doesn't weigh a ton and didn't cost the price of a used car this is the guitar that flat works.Gretsch/Fender nailed this one!

When you call, mention priority code 20Y-0D07. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449