When you call, mention priority code 202-6287

Rating and Reviews: Gretsch G5422G12

For jangly, chorus-y guitar tones with the warmth of a hollowbody, look no further than the Gretsch G5422G12, a double-cut electric with Filter'Tron pickups.

"A Beauty, both, Sight and Sound" submitted December 7, 2017

By Mikki Kennedy-LeFae in Colorado Springs, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Played for 51 yrs. Professional Musician, Studio work and On Stage, both in US and Abroad.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Classic Hard Rock, a little Blues, and Celtic Rock
Sound: The sound is absolutely spot on. The chime we all have come to love is there in spades. I play classic rock, a bit of classic hard rock and what my beloved wife calls Celtic Rock. The Gretsch fits in every sense of the word and adds a sonic dimension taking what and how I play to the next level. The guitar is absolutely gorgeous, pictures do not do it justice, but suffice it to say, it sounds far better than it looks. Feature: With an electric 12-string, EQ (tone and volume control) responsiveness is tantamount. The Gretsch controls are almost hyper sensitive, which for me is a real advantage. So, that is what I would say is most useful. The components fit the guitar perfectly. Someone, such as myself, being a tad biased where such is concerned, believes if it's not broken, why fix it. Go with what has worked reliably and Gretsch has done exactly that. Ease of Use: Well... it's as easy as strumming a chord or picking a note. Granted, when you play through a Marshall full stack, it's not hard at all. Even unplugged, the Gretsch is a sonic powerhouse. Quality: Given the fact, it is a higher end instrument, um... YEAH, it is well made, the fit and finish is immaculate, attention to detail, even the most minute detail is down right flawless. Gretsch has been building uncompromisingly high quality instruments for decades, and the G5422G12 is the epitome of this. Value: This guitar is worth every penny... and more. I am quite surprised it isn't selling for more, given the quality of the guitar. Manufacturer Support: As of yet, no, I've not had need to reach Gretsch's support team, other than to ask some technical questions, before I purchased the G5422G-12. But they answered my querie the same day as I posed it. The Wow Factor: This is a guitar that will turn heads, not only because of its looks, but because of its sound. It looks expensive, and to some, little under a grand in price might be expensive. Its elegant rich and classy appearance makes it stand out. On stage, it will draw the attention of the audience, both guitarists and non-players. And the minute it rings out, the audience will be riveted, by the classic gorgeous sound of its voice. Overall: 50 years ago, I picked up my first 12-String, an Alvarez Acoustic and it was on that I learned to play guitar. Since then, I have had an Epiphone 12-string,(which I carried with all through Vietnam), an Ovation clone,(acoustic electric), a Dean Boca electric 12-string, a Martin 12-string, (I currently own, acoustic electric), and now the Gretsch G5422G12 Electromatic. By far, this is, other than my Martin, the finest electric 12-string, I have had the priviledge to play and I've played some wonderful 12-strings. If you're a fan of 12-strings, you owe it to yourself, to acquire one of these amazing and beautiful guitars. As with any guitar, it takes time to become completely familiar, (if that's even possible), but thus far, I could not be more pleased and excited.

"Fantastic Guitar!" submitted June 12, 2018

By a customer from aol.com in Chicago, IL
Overall
Overall: Got the black Gretsch 12-string 2 weeks ago and have probably played it for over 30 hours total by now. What a fantastic guitar! Looks great and sounds even better! Fit and finish are excellent, I can't really see any difference in terms of quality to my Country Gentleman, which cost nearly 3 times as much. When I tried out some Electromatic guitars a few years ago, they felt kind of cheap and flimsy. Not this one! A major improvement! I'm also glad that Gretsch changed the headstock shape, relocated the Electromatic logo and used a nicely aged looking binding on their newer models. Overall, this guitar looks very classy, a bit like the Black Falcon.Right out of the box is was set up well, it has good action and a very comfortable neck. The neck is fairly wide, which makes it easy to pick single notes. I used to own a Rickenbacker 12-string years ago but found the extremely narrow neck of the Ric to make it difficult to play. It didn't take me long to get used to the Gretsch at all, it feels great!Even unplugged, the Gretsch 12-string sounds excellent, rich, full and resonant. Through my Vox amp the pickups sound clear and chimey, with good differentiation between the three settings. The master volume, bridge and neck pickup volumes, and tone knob allow for good customization of the sound. All in all, it's actually a pretty versatile guitar, obviously great for strumming, but also capable of heavier, distorted chords and leads. The only downside is that this guitar does not come with a case or even a gig bag, however, it fits perfectly in the Country Gentleman case. Despite that, it's still a great value for $950 and I could not be happier with this guitar!

"So Happy I Decided on the Gretsch 12-string!" submitted October 24, 2018

By Mo Cee in Pasadena, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Songwriter. Play out occasionally. Jam with other songwriters. Been playing over 30 yrs.
Music Style: Rock-Pop-Jazz-IndieFolk-Experiemental. Love a blend of Soul/Jazz and Pop. Think Leon Bridges to Florence and the Machine to St.
Overall: I have been looking at a new electric 12 for a while. I owned the Dean Boca, it was nice, but the pickups really needed an upgrade, and it's a small body guitar. I was also looking at the Ibanez AS7312 (I own the AS73 OLM - Nice!!!), and also considered the Guild Starfire 12 (a very close second in my final choice!). Well, I finally decided I wanted a full hollow 12, and I am VERY happy in my decision. First the guitar is beautiful! What a looker! 2nd, the playability is astounding! I play barre chords on the 12th fret, no problem! I play lead jazz riffs, no problem! Great action. The pickups? Just wow! That Gretsch sound everyone talks about is in this 12 string. I'm very impressed. The pups are keepers for sure. Everything about this guitar shouts awesome - build, action, sound, tone, playability, everything. If you're looking for a great 12 that won't break the bank, this is the one!

"Warm, bright, and chimes all day long" submitted September 20, 2018

By William A in BOGOTA, NJ
Musical Background: Professional musician and composer
Music Style: Classical, jazz, progressive rock
Overall: What a wonderful instrument. Great action, fabulous sound, and absolutely gorgeous. My wife bought this for me for my birthday, and it is now the best sounding axe in my shed. I'm already committed to rerecording some tracks just to put this baby on them. Great guitar, great finish, great sound, don't hesitate to lay your money down for this beauty.

"Gretsch ya did it right!" submitted January 13, 2017

By Jay M in South OC, CA
Overall
Musical Background: a guitar owner trying hard to be a player
Music Style: Classic rock, blues and some country too...
Overall: I had at one time a G6122-12 string Professional model that was an amazing guitar. So amazing I was terrified to take out and gig with it bcuz of the fear of someone in the crowd would somehow destroy it. I finally sold it and have hunted for a 12 string ever since. Messed with an older 12 string Strat and a couple of others but nothing clicked.Just got the new Electromatic 12 string form Gretsch. They nailed it. ALl the class and style of a professional model at 1/3 the cost. They moved that ugly "Electromatic" from the head stock down to a tasteful placement on the pick guard. Nicely done.The guitar was shipped from zZounds quickly and safely without issue as is their norm. The guitar itself felt fine from the get go. I did change the strings but other than that the guitar was readily playable.It is a tad neck heavy but what 12 string isn't? Is it noticeable....not with a good strap that doesn't slip. The tone is solid, chimey as a 12 string should be. No its not a RIc but its not 3 grand either. The pickups are more than fine for what I need so I won't mess with them. The sound is pure 12 string gold. For a player like myself this fits the bill for those times a 12 string adds the "sound" a song calls for, looks spectacular, doesn't weigh a ton and didn't cost the price of a used car this is the guitar that flat works.Gretsch/Fender nailed this one!
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 202-6287. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST