When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-DFVL

Rating and Reviews: Gretsch Tim Armstrong

Recreate Tim Armstrong's monstrous punk sound -- or any tone from rockabilly to blues -- with this versatile hollowbody's "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups.

Overall

"In love with my Tim Armstrong Gretsch guitar! Love the sound & the looks of the fantastic instrument." submitted July 5, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Country
Sound: Sounds fantastic with the traditional Gretsch sound. If I crank up the gain on my Fender Blues Deville & the master volume on the guitar, it rocks with the Les Pauls. I add the Way Huge Swollen Pickle fuzz pedal when I want to jam out on some Fu Manchu or some War Pigs. Always wanted a Gretsch and I was not disappointed even after the initial wow factor wore off. I use 12-53 strings so the action & ability to bend strings is not on par with a Fender Tele or Strat. The versatility of the guitar giving me many different sounds can't be beat. Love the hollowbody sound. Feature: The versatility of the guitar giving me many different sounds can't be beat. Love the hollowbody sound. I wish the guitar had metal knobs. I added them later. Ease of Use: Love the hollowbody sound. Many different sounds possible from this guitar. Quality: Seems to be very well made. No blemishes. Nice wood. Good action. Value: Great price for the better Filtertron pickups. Better tuners too. The Wow Factor: Love the sound & have gotten nothing but gaping mouths of awe with the guitar. A real looker. Overall: Might eventually get a Tele for the better action or could get a Gretsch Falcon without the tremolo bar.
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"dream guitar from my favorite artist" submitted March 20, 2014

By robert nordgren in bristol , CT
Musical Background: guitar im new
Music Style: Rockabilly pyscho bbilly , punk, crust, doom, anything good to the ears
Sound: I luv pyscho Billy , rocks Billy ,punk ,thrash , doom , this does it all , and sounds treat doing it , not just for rock a Billy , sounds great and uniqe in all genres Feature: I'm not fond of the knurled strap locks , they come lose easy , I'll switch em out, and why no case ??? For such a great , expensive, signityre guitar , from gretsch and no case !?? Otherwise perfect Ease of Use: It goes great with my little peavy blazer158 till I upgrade, can only imagine the rocks Billy sound with a twin fender amp , and slapback!! Quality: Built like a tank , exept the knurled strap locks Value: Great price , awsome payment plan , never thought I could afford a great gretsch like this!!! The Wow Factor: Its stunning , beuitiful, punk rock looking! Built like a tank , looks like u can play it out and it can take abuse like Tim Armstrong himself does every show and his country club is still as good as the he bought it so if exepct the same of the replica Overall: This guitar sounds great , even in my little peavey blazer158 , I can't wait to get a twin fender amp!! The looks are are beautiful, yet still punk rock with the flat black color, the harp tail and the gold hardwear add to the beauty, and it has that great gretsch sound and twank gretsch is known for , it can roar one sec then get all twankyvon the flip of a switch and turn of a dial or two ! This is my dream guitar come true , always wanted a gretch , and Tim Armstrong is my favorite front man of all time so I feel lucky and proud to own this, and thanx to the great payment plan zzounds offers i can offerd this treasure!!!

"Gretsch has a winner here!" submitted December 18, 2010

By a customer from excite.com
Musical Background: guitarist
Music Style: blues jazz rock
Sound: The pickups are clear but not very powerful, so I run this guitar into my MXR Micro Amp first and then straight into my 20 watt tube Laney head. The sound is slightly diffuse and unfocused. The guitar plays like a dream, and you can bend strings on this hollowbody. Perfect fit and finish the guitar is flawlessand looks stunning. Really plays well, set up out of the box with perfect action and intonation. The hardware really is all outstanding top notch. This guitar is based on the Country Club of the early 1970's which is a smaller version of the huge Country Gentleman.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-DFVL. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449