Gretsch G-5655TG Electromatic Center Block Jr Single-Cut Electric Guitar

Gretsch G-5655TG Electromatic Center Block Jr Single-Cut Electric Guitar

Featuring a smaller-sized body with a chambered spruce center block, this Electromatic is primed and ready for high-gain power and lightweight comfort.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted June 14, 2019 by Stephen Douglas in St. Petersburg, FL
"A Great Guitar!"
The Neck Scale Length is 24.6 vs. 25.5 on a Telecaster. This makes it extremely easy to play. It also comes with a GraphTech Tusq nut installed which I did not know when I bought it. I was planning on putting one on it, but, Lo & Behold it already had one! I find it stays in tune just fine. I am not sure why the other review said otherwise. The Guitar looks and feels great. It's a little more fragile than a solid body Fender. That's to be expected. Jazz chords are real Dreamy with the Bigsby. Stray Cat Strut sounds just like the record.
50 Years
Rock, Blues, Jazz, Folk
11 of 12 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 27, 2019 by Brian H in Lockwood, NY
"Bummed out"
Guitar sounds amazing. However, won’t stay in tune even without using tremolo. Strap button (screw) pulled out the second time playing it. Small crack formed in the top due to a screw for the neck pickup being installed crooked. Tuner for the D string allowed string to go out of tune. Strings were binding in the nut. Neck had very little relief and strings buzzed. I replaced the tuners, adjusted truss rod, filed nut to stop the binding and to set height at first fret. Also replaced faulty output jack. The only reason I kept this guitar is because it sounds amazing. It now plays pretty well and tuning stability is better as long as I don’t try to use the tremolo at all. I don’t expect perfection from a $800 guitar but my first impression of Gretsch was a little disappointing. I’ll make the 3 hour drive next time to my nearest dealer to try before I buy.
I’ve been singing, playing guitar and keys for 42 years. Been gigging since age 14. Opened for national acts
Rock, Modern Praise and Worship
15 of 21 people (71%) people found this review helpful. Did you?