Gretsch G5230T Electromatic Jet FT Electric Guitar
BACK IN STOCK

Gretsch G5230T Electromatic Jet FT Electric Guitar

Capture the essential Jet power at an incredible value with this Gretsch G5230T Electromatic Jet FT, loaded with a Bigsby and Black Top Filter'Tron pickups.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted May 16, 2018 by ROY H in Bridgeport, CT
"Gretsch g5230FT"
I took delivery of this guitar today...a very fine guitar despite its very affordable price. Fit and finish are extraordinary and it was well set-up right out of the box! Black Top Ft's are also great in this instrument!
Rock, Country, Blues
39 of 39 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 2, 2021 by Michael P in Easthampton, MA
"Excellent Instrument"
Just received my Cadillac Green Jet and is it beautiful! zZounds suddenly had one that was blemished that I took a shot on (I've been looking at the Cadillac Green ones for a while but zZounds didn't carry that color) and I can't find a thing wrong and it sounds great! I have a 2017 Candy Apple Red/Gold Hardware 5435TG Limited Edition Pro Jet in like-new condition that I don't play because I'm afraid of scratching it and only 600 were made, so I bought this one to takes its place while I morph the 5435TG into a permanent case queen. The only difference is this has the laurel fret board instead of the rosewood one, and the hardware in chrome and not gold. Action, intonation and finish are perfect and those Blacktop Filtertrons are wonderful for all genres. And this particular one has a sweet "growl" in the background that comes out nicely when distorted/over-driven. I have already ordered a VibraMate device to snap on the Bigsby for easy string changing and this baby is ready to rock! Great addition to my extensive harem. Gretsch always has a great product.
Playing, recording for 55 years
Original music, Rock, Blues, Pop....whatever hits me.
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 4, 2019 by a customer from att.net in Eagle River, AK
"Great guitar"
This is a great guitar. Other then tuning it was playable right out of the box. Fit and finish are very good especially for the price. Very versatile as far as tone goes. Very happy with my purchase.
Rock
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 25, 2020 by Rob M in San Diego, CA
"An unexpected surprise"
I bought this guitar on a whim because the price was so low and thought it would be fun to have a little trem/Bigsby action goin’ on.. what I got was a rock solid, beautiful guitar that plays and sounds fantastic! The guitar was setup great out of the box, beautiful dark fret board, no rough frets, low action, and the Black Top Filtertrons sound beautiful! I put some Grovers on it, but, despite some negative remarks regarding the stock tuners, they weren’t all that bad really, I just prefer Grover tuners. For a first guitar, I can’t imagine anything better in regards to a great player that makes you want to play.. for a solid, beautiful, gig worthy guitar that would be right at home in a professionals hands, without making your wallet cry, you also can’t beat this sexy beast either.. I truly was blown away with pretty much everything about this guitar, and zZounds shipping and service has always been good to me. Very satisfied guitar player here.
Been playing for over 20 years
Rock/Blues
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 30, 2019 by James Lafferty in Knoxville, TN
"luv this gretsch!"
just received my blue beauty,guitar is perfect in every way!set-up spot on sound is amazing, just great to look at, even nicer to play!thanks guys for making my christmas come true!
semi pro classic rock,blues only play at home now,to old for the road!LOL
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 13, 2020 by Harry L in Fort Payne, AL
"This is a great guitar."
Received my Gretsch today. Right out of the box it was great.I love it never owned one but became a fan today.Have played music for 55 years and never had a guitar so easy to play, very comfortable neck.If you get a crack at this beauty.Buy it, you won't be disipointed.
55 years
Southern Rock and country
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 9, 2018 by Bennett M in Liverpool, NY
"Drenched With Attitiude"
I became interested in this model after reading an article by a Nashville session guitarist who said this one is used on 90% of what's on the radio, because Country music is going through an "AC/DC guitar sound phase".I've been looking to branch out into new genres, so that sounded cool, but at the same time like it can be relied on for Hard Rock.Took it out of the triple-boxed package today, I began strumming it right away, and noticed the resonating sound reminded me a bit of a hollow-body guitar. But when I plugged it into the amp though, the sound coming out was totally different! Every note is drenched with attitude...this is not a guitar that can be played subtly.The body is mahogany and the neck is maple; I have a drum kit with a mahogany kick and a maple snare, so this should blend well in the mix with that. Pretty COOL!
I write songs and record them, post them online. I play guitar, keyboards, drums and bass.
Pop, Rock, Hip-Hop, Country.
14 of 15 people (93%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 9, 2018 by Carlis P in Sylmar, CA
"Awesome Gretsch. "
This is truly an amazing guitar. I expected less because of the price. I am so Happy With my G 5230. It is a gorgeous Silver. was very well packaged by zZounds It arrived set up and ready to play The action is wonderful the BT FT pups rock. Buy it!!You won't be disappointed !! zZounds Rocks !!!!!
40 years. Play US. made Fender Strat, Charvel sup strat, Martin acoustic. Christian recording artist and music ministry director
Rock, Blues, folk, shred, progressive and Gospel.
18 of 20 people (90%) people found this review helpful. Did you?