Guild Jumbo Junior Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Guild Jumbo Junior Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Yes, "Jumbo Junior" is an oxymoron. But strum this solid Sitka spruce-topped Guild and its volume and rounded low-end tone will make you a believer.

Overall:
4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
Submitted February 16, 2018 by Mark Brummer in Yuma, AZ
"Incredible baby jumbo guitar"
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my wife as a valentines day present since she has gotten away from playing and I though this baby jumbo might entice her back. What a nice guitar! Solid Spruce Top, OPEN pore mahogany back and sides, nice rosewood fretboard and rosewood bridge. Its not made in the USA but I am stating the build of it doesn't matter. It comes with heavy 13's on it but I put 11-52 on it and it just sings. I think this is my new favorite electric-acoustic lol. I would not put this in the travel guitar mentality: I would just say it is a smaller version of their jumbo which can be quite bulky. It has a pickup in it but I haven't tried that out yet but I am sure being a Guild it will capture the true tone of this instrument. If you have small hands, or are tired of working too hard to play a larger instrument this guitar is for you!
Electric, Acoustic and Bass played 46 years
Rock, Country, Folk, Christian
13 of 13 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 4, 2020 by David Fredericksen in Bellingham, MA
"Can't beat this for the price"
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
The build is very good and the spruce top looks great. The setup surprised me, the action is unbelievable for a factory $400 guitar. I've had many guitars well into the thousands and this guitar plays as well as my Lowden. The sound is a bit of a letdown unless played through my board or amp. I lost all my guitars in a divorce and haven't played in 6 years. This is a VERY playable guitar.
45 years, had, Guild F35 Jumbo, Rickenbacker 360/12, Martin N10 and N20, Lowden F12
Folk,Folk Rock, Rock, Blues, Country and Classical
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 12, 2020 by Aaron S in Roseville, CA
"Killer Jumbo in a compact size"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
The arched back projects sound like a full sized guitar that's both bright and deep. The A/E setup sounds killer both plugged in and mic'ed. The latter is better. Nice small size for portability, but doesn't give up the sound of a larger guitar. Really impressed with this piece for the money. My fingers are too big for the neck near the nut, but it's perfect for my 17yo daughter who has a tough time wrangling my Yamaha FG411S dreadnought.
I'm a beginner, but my daughter blows me away in skill.
Blues and folk
1 of 2 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 26, 2018 by Richard Felton in Midway, TX
"Not what I was expecting"
Overall: 1 out of 5 stars
I knew this was a junior but had no idea it would be that small. I figured it would be like a big baby taylor. it is not. it is very small. the sound is very thin. The frets are extremely uneven. i would stay away from this guitar if i were you.
30+ years of professional playing
anything and everything
of 3 people (0%) people found this review helpful. Did you?