Guild F-2512E Acoustic-Electric Guitar, 12-String

Guild F-2512E Acoustic-Electric Guitar, 12-String

The F-2512E is quintessential Guild. Its 12-string jumbo construction results in a full-toned, impressively voiced acoustic with huge volume and projection.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 14, 2020 by Johnny G in Fruitport, MI
"The Guild F-2512E Acoustic-Electric Jumbo Guitar"
This Guild really impressed me especially for the price. I don't think you would be able to find a 12 string acoustic electric guitar that sounds this good for $500.00 Good luck trying to find one. I've played many $2000 + acoustic 12 string guitars that don't even come close as good as this one sounds. I had to keep telling myself I was playing a $500.00 guitar that sounds more like a $2000.00 guitar. Guilds have always been known for their 12 string guitars since 1954. They are the loudest 12 string guitars on the planet and their projection is 2nd to none. I own two Martin 12 string guitars. One a Dreadnought and the other a Jumbo. This one I would never be ashamed to play on stage as I am sure people will think I'm playing a very expensive guitar. The only thing I can say negative about it is that I will have to have my guitar tech tweak it a bit as the action is just a tad too high but it's is still very playable. But out of the box you couldn't ask for a better guitar. It does not come with a case of any kind so it would be a good idea to invest in a nice hard shell case by SKB or any other reputable brand. Gig bags just don't cut it for me. Buy this guitar as I am sure you will not want to ever let it go and you'll never regret it as it's the best $500.00 you ever spent. It is most definitely a keeper and would be welcomed in anyone's stable. I play only 12 string guitars. I plead insanity. I am just crazy about 12 string guitars. Oh yea!!
Mostly folk
Folk/Folk Rock
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 30, 2020 by Joseph Olson in Las Vegas, NV
"Fantastic Value"
Guild does it again this time with a budget in mind. Easy playing and great tone. After going to the music store and trying every 12-string from Taylor, Fender, Martin, Gibson and on and on Guild in my opinion makes the best sounding 12-string. I tried their F-212 at $4,000 and this one at a much more reasonable $499 I didn't notice a quality or sound quality drop. Came perfectly setup straight out of the box. This can be used as a practice or would hold up well in any performance scenario.
Have played professionally and jam at home
rock, country, folk
4 of 5 people (80%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 27, 2019 by Chris S in Riverview, FL
"First Guild Ever"
So...I've been playing for 35 years or so and have owned a few dozen 12 strings including acoustic, electric, and acoustic-electric. There's ALWAYS compromise with a 12, and this one is no exception. The pros: sharp looks, a superb neck, decent gig bag, great price point. The cons: The electronics are super basic - volume only, and the country of origin - China. This one will suit my needs for acoustic 12 string recording while plugged in, but not so much when mic'ed up, as it is a tad, just a tad, bit tinny to my ears. The beauty of this neck profile made this one a keeper for me. I can EQ out the tinniness with an EQ when recording when plugged in and that was it's primary function for me. It's not going to have much in the way of resale value, but that's ok due to it's low price point. I'd buy it again, it suits my needs perfectly. Haven't needed manufacturer support, so can't comment on that or warranty.
36 years experience guitar/bass/some piano and drums
Rock, blues, shoegaze
10 of 13 people (77%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 23, 2019 by Don Moore in CLARKESVILLE, GA
"Great 12 string"
It's a Guild. Has the sound, good action out of the box. Holds a tune well. This guitar is a steal.
10 years, acoustic, home
Rock, folk, country, bluegrass.
10 of 11 people (91%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 8, 2021 by a customer from Yahoo.com
"A Must Buy the F2512 E"
I bought mine from zZounds April 3 or 4th but my previous appraisal of this guitar was not posted maybe it was because I told the truth about how stupid it would be to pay $3700.00 for the same guitar only with a slightly different number the over priced one is the F 1512 E. It is made in USA but the $500.00 0ne is called a westwardly and is made in China. It is not a $500.00 guitar any more than the F1512 is a &3700.00 0ne. The difference is the $500.00 F 2512 is as good and plays as good as guitars costing $2,000.00 or more. There is a difference the over priced one has a figured maple side and back good for violins but meaningless as a guitar tone wood and it has purfling around the headstock and a Guild icon. Despite the descriptions both are made out of maple with sitka spruce tops. Other than these minor cosmetic differences they are the exact same guitar(s)

Submitted April 6, 2021 by a customer from Yahoo.com
"The Guild F2512E"
I just got mine today and right out of the box it was in tune and the action was spot on. This is no $500.00 Guitar! Guild has a similar model the 512 and it leaves me saying why??? It is a $3700.00 guitar and not one damned bit better it must be a case of when two fools meet. Admitted the 512 has a bound headstock and some weird icon and the maple used is more figured but that price for essentially the same guitar is just ridiculous. Maybe if it had Brazillion Rosewood back and sides and 1,000 year old cedar top? Naaaaaa it still wouldn't be a better guitar. If you want to get the bargain of the century buy this F2512E you won't find a $2,000.00 dollar guitar that will play any better and my guess would be it is as good as their $3700.00 guitar. Remember the Jumbo 12 strings have been their specialty for decades so they know what they are doing.